The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Vote_lcapGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 8 Voting_barGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Vote_lcapGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 8 Voting_barGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General Conversation #1

Go down 
+13
Klushots
Kirill Z.
Legobrickforger48
LTE the Mechanier
Thomas_Z
Chunkblaster
Brickbrycebrick
Ariklego
RichTheWolf257
Eroomdivad
Chen-Chen
JakTheMad
BiO
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/16/2012, 11:06 am

Ariklego wrote:
All hail Richie! All hail Richie!

"Oh, Rich can you see, by the dawn's early light..." Razz

I'd have them both beaten, but unfortunately most of my posts have been in reply to those of Richie's, so my post count has been climbing at almost exactly the same as his. And with Bio's no-double-posting rule... Razz
*Walks out on the balcony and starts throwing money to the pesants*
Actually, Arik, I got up here mostly by replying to your posts Razz If it weren't for you, 78 of the posts that got me up here wouldn't exist!

Now, If you would be so kind, My Orb and Scepter!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/16/2012, 1:27 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

I'd have them both beaten, but unfortunately most of my posts have been in reply to those of Richie's, so my post count has been climbing at almost exactly the same as his. And with Bio's no-double-posting rule... Razz
Actually, Arik, I got up here mostly by replying to your posts Razz If it weren't for you, 78 of the posts that got me up here wouldn't exist!

*A mini-Mech walks up and hands you a grenade and a rifle. A Titan II modified with arms instead of its two main guns carries a jaw-droppingly huge throne to you* Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/16/2012, 3:18 pm

Tank time! The Nexu Assault Tank is officially up!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/16/2012, 3:23 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Tank time! The Nexu Assault Tank is officially up!

Saw it, commented on it, liked it...
I love that tank! You should build more of those...
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/16/2012, 5:42 pm

Two posts within a few hours, arik. The Edit button is giving you a disapproving look. :/
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/16/2012, 6:09 pm

*Tries to figure out how the Edit button just gave me that look...* Razz

My apologies, sir. Won't happen again. ...Actually, I probably shouldn't say that so early. Razz

As a general update, the Taurus III project is coming along nicely. I've pretty much completed the frame's legs and feet, and am beginning work on the torso. I was originally going to give the legs the usual "chicken walker" look, but thought better of it and made them a lot like the originals. The legs themselves are pretty different aesthetically, and they have a slightly difference stance to eliminate that "I'm gonna tip flat on my face in a second" look that the Taurus has when you look at it from the side (Don't tell Chunk, but the majority of his walkers have that look Razz), but otherwise I retained the same Omnimech-style leg design. Well, it's mostly the torso that'll be different, anyway.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/16/2012, 10:00 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

*A mini-Mech walks up and hands you a grenade and a rifle. A Titan II modified with arms instead of its two main guns carries a jaw-droppingly huge throne to you* Razz
Thank you, I'm Flattered!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/17/2012, 1:02 pm

Ariklego wrote:

My apologies, sir. Won't happen again. ...Actually, I probably shouldn't say that so early. Razz

As a general update, the Taurus III project is coming along nicely. I've pretty much completed the frame's legs and feet, and am beginning work on the torso. I was originally going to give the legs the usual "chicken walker" look, but thought better of it and made them a lot like the originals. The legs themselves are pretty different aesthetically, and they have a slightly difference stance to eliminate that "I'm gonna tip flat on my face in a second" look that the Taurus has when you look at it from the side (Don't tell Chunk, but the majority of his walkers have that look Razz), but otherwise I retained the same Omnimech-style leg design. Well, it's mostly the torso that'll be different, anyway.
Does it count as "double-posting" when you quote an earlier post? I'd just edit it into the other post, but nobody would see it if I did that. Razz

Anyway, I've finished the Taurus III frame! I haven't tested it with any armor yet, so it most likely still has some flaws to iron out, but other than that it looks spectacular. I'd like to test it by refitting the armor of one of my Taurus II units to fit the new frame so I know how it does, but if everything checks out I'll be putting the new frame up immediately.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/17/2012, 1:51 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

Does it count as "double-posting" when you quote an earlier post? I'd just edit it into the other post, but nobody would see it if I did that. Razz

Anyway, I've finished the Taurus III frame! I haven't tested it with any armor yet, so it most likely still has some flaws to iron out, but other than that it looks spectacular. I'd like to test it by refitting the armor of one of my Taurus II units to fit the new frame so I know how it does, but if everything checks out I'll be putting the new frame up immediately.
Double posting cinsisting of posting twice concecutively in one topic. I think we're all AOK with Self-quoting though.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/17/2012, 11:18 pm

Just for a couple laughs: Razz

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 11:19 am

Ariklego wrote:

Thanks to you, my birthday started with an LOL!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 12:52 pm

This frame is fun to work with. Razz

Anyway, let's see how quickly I can build you a good-quality Mech from scratch or from a frame...
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 1:32 pm

Ariklego wrote:
This frame is fun to work with. Razz

Anyway, let's see how quickly I can build you a good-quality Mech from scratch or from a frame...
You have untill Chtistmas! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 1:43 pm

No way, I'm not taking that long with this one. The bigger challenge is getting it done by the end of the day. Razz

EDIT: Well I only made a variant of an older base of mine (I'll leave it as a surprise as to which I used), but I'd say it's done! And I'd say it turned out nicely. ...Hopefully I can get it up by the end of the day. I'm pretty bad about quickly getting completed models up.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 2:56 pm

Ariklego wrote:
No way, I'm not taking that long with this one. The bigger challenge is getting it done by the end of the day. Razz

EDIT: Well I only made a variant of an older base of mine (I'll leave it as a surprise as to which I used), but I'd say it's done! And I'd say it turned out nicely. ...Hopefully I can get it up by the end of the day. I'm pretty bad about quickly getting completed models up.
Hurry, you only have 12 hours left!
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 3:14 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Happy Birthday then! I'd sing the song, but it's copyrighted, so... I won't.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 3:16 pm

Ariklego wrote:

Nice, I like the new body. Hurry up and post this on MOCpages!
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 3:19 pm

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

What do you mean it's copyrighted? Copyrighted to whom? Go ahead and sing it anyway; If it is copyrighted, then its a copyright that gets infringed on every single day!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 4:43 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

What do you mean it's copyrighted? Copyrighted to whom? Go ahead and sing it anyway; If it is copyrighted, then its a copyright that gets infringed on every single day!
Honestly it's believable. Did you know that 80% of corn grown in the US is copyrighted by a single company?

Regardless of whatever ridiculous copyright laws might actually exist on this...

Very Happy "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Richie, happy birthday to you!" Very Happy

EDIT: By the way, I think I may have to delay your birthday present by a day or so. It's coming kinda slowly, and I have a lot of non-computer things left to do today. Sad
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 6:08 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Did you know that 80% of corn grown in the US is copyrighted by a single company?
That is just wrong. How and Why does one copyright corn?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 6:36 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
Did you know that 80% of corn grown in the US is copyrighted by a single company?
Well, a while ago a certain company developed a certain hybrid breed of corn that had a number of unique traits. One is that it isn't affected by the company's special weed killer, and there are a few others, but the key difference is that when the specific breed of corn cross-pollenates with other corn, the other corn is turned into that same hybrid corn.

Well, partly due to having corporate members inside the government, the said company managed to copyright their special breed of corn. The end result is that 80% of all US corn, no matter what it was originally, got turned into the copyrighted breed of corn. What's more, not only is the corn copyrighted, the company has full ownership over the corn. Farmers planting the corn are regarded as "business associates" of the company, don't own the corn they're growing, and are required to return it to the company when it's harvested.

Yes, in case you're wondering, one worst parts is that you could grow non-hybrid corn, but it could get "infected" by pollen from nearby hybrid corn (a common thing considering how much of the hybrid corn there is), and once it had happened you'd no longer have ownership over the corn you were growing.

...Why do they do it? Short answer: greed. They're rolling in the big bucks right now, I can tell you that.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 7:05 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
Well, a while ago a certain company developed a certain hybrid breed of corn that had a number of unique traits. One is that it isn't affected by the company's special weed killer, and there are a few others, but the key difference is that when the specific breed of corn cross-pollenates with other corn, the other corn is turned into that same hybrid corn.

Well, partly due to having corporate members inside the government, the said company managed to copyright their special breed of corn. The end result is that 80% of all US corn, no matter what it was originally, got turned into the copyrighted breed of corn. What's more, not only is the corn copyrighted, the company has full ownership over the corn. Farmers planting the corn are regarded as "business associates" of the company, don't own the corn they're growing, and are required to return it to the company when it's harvested.

Yes, in case you're wondering, one worst parts is that you could grow non-hybrid corn, but it could get "infected" by pollen from nearby hybrid corn (a common thing considering how much of the hybrid corn there is), and once it had happened you'd no longer have ownership over the corn you were growing.

...Why do they do it? Short answer: greed. They're rolling in the big bucks right now, I can tell you that.
That just makes me want to claw someone's throat out of their neck with my bare fingernails.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 7:25 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

That just makes me want to claw someone's throat out of their neck with my bare fingernails.
The feeling is mutual. Pff
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 7:29 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Let those feelings go away as you stare at this picture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty7/18/2012, 7:38 pm

BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Let those feelings go away as you stare at this picture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Unfortunarely, that did NOT ruin my bad mood. This is just too serious to be wiped away with a picture of a puppy. Something must be done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Conversation #1
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next