The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Vote_lcapGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 7 Voting_barGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Vote_lcapGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 7 Voting_barGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General Conversation #1

Go down 
+13
Klushots
Kirill Z.
Legobrickforger48
LTE the Mechanier
Thomas_Z
Chunkblaster
Brickbrycebrick
Ariklego
RichTheWolf257
Eroomdivad
Chen-Chen
JakTheMad
BiO
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/6/2012, 2:14 pm

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
I've been saving my money for a while now, and I was about to make another pick-a-brick order.
But one of my dad's friends was selling an Xbox 360 for cheap (new) so I bought that instead.
I'm new to the Xbox systems, what are some of the better games?
I already know about Halo. I plan on buying Halo 3 or Halo 3 ODST ASAP.
What else is worth the buy?
Buy Halo 3 instead of ODST. Halo 3 is probably the best Halo game out there. Prepare to begin purchasing "I Love Plasma Rifle" T-shirts and having nightmares about being chased by Flood zombies. Razz

As to other games... Hmm... COD: Black Ops turned out to be a great game (although it's VERY violent in some parts), though I've heard it's better on the Playstation 3.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/6/2012, 2:22 pm

Ariklego wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
I've been saving my money for a while now, and I was about to make another pick-a-brick order.
But one of my dad's friends was selling an Xbox 360 for cheap (new) so I bought that instead.
Buy Halo 3 instead of ODST. Halo 3 is probably the best Halo game out there. Prepare to begin purchasing "I Love Plasma Rifle" T-shirts and having nightmares about being chased by Flood zombies. Razz

As to other games... Hmm... COD: Black Ops turned out to be a great game (although it's VERY violent in some parts), though I've heard it's better on the Playstation 3.

You seem to be quite the gamer, don't you Arik?
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/6/2012, 3:17 pm

Ariklego wrote:

I've been reading reviews and that seems to be the general consensus among Halo fans.
There's only one thing that turns me off towards Halo 3: it only has online multiplayer.
That is a clincher, in my opinion, because I would like to play it with my friends without having to buy an XboxLive subscription.

Also, about COD... we have a PS3 and I've been begging my dad since last christmas to buy me a COD game, but he doesn't like it for some reason.
He won't let me buy it... Sad

Anyway, thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/6/2012, 3:18 pm

Ariklego wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:

To be frank, I found Halo 3 quite boring. It was just "pew pew!" "zombiez..." "pew pew!" "zombiez pew..." Halo ODST actually had a good story line to it, and was one of the deeper Halo games. However, the best Halo out there is, no contest, Halo 2. It has the best storyline bar ODST, the best characters, and an all round battlefield experience instead of just grunts, brutes and walking dead things.

Oh, and buy Portal and Portal 2. If you don't, well, lets just say your "new" XBOX won't be so "new"...
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/6/2012, 3:21 pm

JakTheMad wrote:

To be frank, I found Halo 3 quite boring. It was just "pew pew!" "zombiez..." "pew pew!" "zombiez pew..." Halo ODST actually had a good story line to it, and was one of the deeper Halo games. However, the best Halo out there is, no contest, Halo 2. It has the best storyline bar ODST, the best characters, and an all round battlefield experience instead of just grunts, brutes and walking dead things.

Oh, and buy Portal and Portal 2. If you don't, well, lets just say your "new" XBOX won't be so "new"...
Are you threatening my Xbox? If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get! Razz Laughing

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Portal games... thanks for the reminder!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/6/2012, 5:01 pm

JakTheMad wrote:
Ugh, ODST was bordering on tedious for the most part. And it was WAAAY too easy. I much more enjoy riding Prowlers over massive sand dunes, engaging a jungle full of well-hidden Jackals in sniper-to-sniper combat, and plowing through rows of Brutes with my dual-wield plasma rifles. I will agree it's not as difficult as some games (like Halo Reach, taking down three Revanants on foot playing on the Legendary setting), but it's still great fun. Unfortunately I've never played Halo, Halo 2, or Halo: Combat Evolved, so I can't say how good or bad they are.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/6/2012, 6:14 pm

Well I'm making progress on the Thunderstryke, but I'm once more having diffuculties.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Somebody please help me figure out a pair of legs for this thing! Thats the only thing I have left and I'm completely stumped! Not even the "Stare-At-It-Untill-Somethng-Happens" Method is working! Somebody Please Help!
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/7/2012, 4:30 am

Ariklego wrote:
JakTheMad wrote:
Ugh, ODST was bordering on tedious for the most part. And it was WAAAY too easy. I much more enjoy riding Prowlers over massive sand dunes, engaging a jungle full of well-hidden Jackals in sniper-to-sniper combat, and plowing through rows of Brutes with my dual-wield plasma rifles. I will agree it's not as difficult as some games (like Halo Reach, taking down three Revanants on foot playing on the Legendary setting), but it's still great fun. Unfortunately I've never played Halo, Halo 2, or Halo: Combat Evolved, so I can't say how good or bad they are.
Ah - your idea of "fun" in a game is rather different to mine. Whereas I enjoy a good storyline to imerse myself in, along with some fun weapons, your enjoyment comes from howhard the game is to play. I never really go on Legendry, because I find that the number of times I die gets a bit tedious, but each to their own.

Oh, and Halo is the same as Halo: CE. They are the first game, the official name is Halo: CE.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/7/2012, 7:21 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Well I'm making progress on the Thunderstryke, but I'm once more having diffuculties.

Somebody please help me figure out a pair of legs for this thing! Thats the only thing I have left and I'm completely stumped! Not even the "Stare-At-It-Untill-Somethng-Happens" Method is working! Somebody Please Help!
Looking at that angle, I'm thinking dog-leg.
Send me the LXF if you want me to give it a shot.

On another topic...

So none of you know what I made? Well it was an LDD version of Spybot: The Nightfall Incident. I was think we could use a system similar to the original game (start out with basic programs, win databattles and buy more + better) but PvP. Who's interested in getting disconnected from the LT servers?
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/7/2012, 1:59 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Looking at that angle, I'm thinking dog-leg.
Send me the LXF if you want me to give it a shot.
E-mail Sent! you should be reciving momentairily.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/10/2012, 2:35 pm

Here's a picture of my most current MOC:
I built it for a contest. There's no way I would normally try something like this, though I like how it turned out.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/10/2012, 4:06 pm

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
Here's a picture of my most current MOC:
I built it for a contest. There's no way I would normally try something like this, though I like how it turned out.
Ok, Now lets hear him play Bach's Italian Concherto.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/10/2012, 10:26 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Dude, he doesn't have fingers. Smile And that's a keyboard, not a grand piano, so it would sound like c**p.

Last edited by Eroomdivad on 7/11/2012, 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Swear rules.)
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/10/2012, 11:07 pm

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Dude, he doesn't have fingers. Smile And that's a keyboard, not a grand piano, so it would sound like c**p.
Some Pianists don't even have hands! Not to say they're any good but still... Razz
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/11/2012, 3:21 pm

I just got Portal 2 from the library for PS3...
IT IS AMAZING! I could play for hours and hours and still enjoy it!
You don't find games like that very often.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/12/2012, 12:00 am

Well, While waiting for ED to finish up on those legs for the Thunderstryke, I oput some of Arik's Designs to use:

From left to right we have the AC-57 Foa KMOD-1 Tactical Enforcer, The Taurus II Mk.2 KMOD-2 (Triple Two for short) Sniper Mech, and the AC-57 Foa KMOD-3 Civil Enforcer.

The KMOD-1 will serve as the Kilestian Commonwealth's Basic Light Mech untill we have a working design of our own. The KMOD-3 is basically the KMOD-1 Adapted to Law Enforcement and Emergency Control purposes, and will serve with Joint Police and Fire Departments all across the Cluster. And the KMOD-2 is self-explanitory.

In addition to these three powerful mechs, I have a second TaurusII Mk.2 planned; The KMOD-4 Heavy Enforcer.

So Arik, What do you think?

EDIT: Since these mechs were developed for the RP they will remain Forum-Exclusive untill we get this war in gear.
Back to top Go down
Legobrickforger48
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Hello!   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/12/2012, 2:03 pm

Wazup everyone Joyful Srry i wasnt on for a long time, kinda got out of lego's for like a few months while i was worrying about grades.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/14/2012, 5:01 pm

Well here it iz, The Taurus II KMOD-4 Heavy Enforcer:
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/14/2012, 5:47 pm

Ooh... Me likez itz... Gimme-gimme... Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/14/2012, 5:55 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Ooh... Me likez itz... Gimme-gimme... Razz
Wutz uh-bout da udder three?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/15/2012, 4:48 pm

Also very nice. I like the lower leg armor of the two Taurus Mechs... the weapons on all of them are spectacular (though again I think you need to put something on the ends of your gatling cannons Razz)... I couldn't help but notice the huge spotlights Razz... The overall armor plating of them all is really good... Yep, me likez. Razz

By the way, for one bit of negative criticism, I think you should cut down slightly on the number of colors showing up on them. The blacks, multiple shades of greys, and whites, as well as the multitude of different transparent pieces, kinda makes me a tiny bit dizzy. That, and the arrangement of the colors is important too. "Contrast is the first rule of all art. Consistency is second."

Otherwise, awesome awesome. I'm not looking forward to fighting against these things. Razz

P.S. Just a quick note applying to the two Foas, the two-digit number in "AC-57" applies to the model. Only the standard preset of the AC-series frame would be designated the model-57, with other AC models being things like AC-42, or AC-9, or AC-1,174.5 (Razz). That rule doesn't apply to designs that are only somewhat-minor variations of a certain model, like if it had the same armor and such as the AC-57 but with, say, a different weapon (and even then it'd probably be, say, the AC-57b or something), but I'm not sure the KMOD-1 and KMOD-3 count.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/15/2012, 5:23 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Also very nice. I like the lower leg armor of the two Taurus Mechs... the weapons on all of them are spectacular (though again I think you need to put something on the ends of your gatling cannons Razz)... I couldn't help but notice the huge spotlights Razz... The overall armor plating of them all is really good... Yep, me likez. Razz

By the way, for one bit of negative criticism, I think you should cut down slightly on the number of colors showing up on them. The blacks, multiple shades of greys, and whites, as well as the multitude of different transparent pieces, kinda makes me a tiny bit dizzy. That, and the arrangement of the colors is important too. "Contrast is the first rule of all art. Consistency is second."

Otherwise, awesome awesome. I'm not looking forward to fighting against these things. Razz

P.S. Just a quick note applying to the two Foas, the two-digit number in "AC-57" applies to the model. Only the standard preset of the AC-series frame would be designated the model-57, with other AC models being things like AC-42, or AC-9, or AC-1,174.5 (Razz). That rule doesn't apply to designs that are only somewhat-minor variations of a certain model, like if it had the same armor and such as the AC-57 but with, say, a different weapon (and even then it'd probably be, say, the AC-57b or something), but I'm not sure the KMOD-1 and KMOD-3 count.
Ok, I'll take all that into account when the RP gets into full swing. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/16/2012, 7:01 am

Andrew's massive post count has been defeated by Richie's persistent posting! All hail the new ruler!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/16/2012, 10:07 am

All hail Richie! All hail Richie!

"Oh, Rich can you see, by the dawn's early light..." Razz

I'd have them both beaten, but unfortunately most of my posts have been in reply to those of Richie's, so my post count has been climbing at almost exactly the same as his. And with Bio's no-double-posting rule... Razz
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty7/16/2012, 11:05 am

Ariklego wrote:
All hail Richie! All hail Richie!

"Oh, Rich can you see, by the dawn's early light..." Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Conversation #1
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next