The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Vote_lcapGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 5 Voting_barGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Vote_lcapGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 5 Voting_barGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General Conversation #1

Go down 
+13
Klushots
Kirill Z.
Legobrickforger48
LTE the Mechanier
Thomas_Z
Chunkblaster
Brickbrycebrick
Ariklego
RichTheWolf257
Eroomdivad
Chen-Chen
JakTheMad
BiO
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/22/2012, 6:53 pm

...By the way, what would you think if I began work on a Taurus "III" design? something a bit more original than changing CBMC's orange stripe-things to green and coming up with some custom armor designs. I'm talking giving the frame a complete overhaul by starting from scratch (though still maintaining that "Omnimech" design and versatility), maybe making it a bit larger and more in the "Heavy" category with the Pterosaur, then converting all the existing Taurus and Taurus II armor presets to the new frame as well as makeing a few new ones? obviously Chunk is the main one to ask on this, but I wouldn't mind some other opinions on whether this is worthwhile or not.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/22/2012, 7:23 pm

Ariklego wrote:
...By the way, what would you think if I began work on a Taurus "III" design? something a bit more original than changing CBMC's orange stripe-things to green and coming up with some custom armor designs. I'm talking giving the frame a complete overhaul by starting from scratch (though still maintaining that "Omnimech" design and versatility), maybe making it a bit larger and more in the "Heavy" category with the Pterosaur, then converting all the existing Taurus and Taurus II armor presets to the new frame as well as makeing a few new ones? obviously Chunk is the main one to ask on this, but I wouldn't mind some other opinions on whether this is worthwhile or not.
Well, If it were my decision, I'd say go for it! If I dare say it, Your talent for upgrading mechs is unsurpassed! If the Mech industry were a real thing, you could make a living just selling Upgrade Kits! Personally I think a Taurus III would be a welcome addition to the Omnimech Line,
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/22/2012, 11:26 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
Well, If it were my decision, I'd say go for it! If I dare say it, Your talent for upgrading mechs is unsurpassed! If the Mech industry were a real thing, you could make a living just selling Upgrade Kits! Personally I think a Taurus III would be a welcome addition to the Omnimech Line,
It comes from working with CEC, where half of everything is modular and is expected to be modified or updated a week after being released. Razz

Well, if anything I can start doing it, and if Chunk walks over and says I'm out of my mind for even thinking about trying this, I'll just not post it. Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/23/2012, 12:03 am

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
It comes from working with CEC, where half of everything is modular and is expected to be modified or updated a week after being released. Razz

Well, if anything I can start doing it, and if Chunk walks over and says I'm out of my mind for even thinking about trying this, I'll just not post it. Razz
In that case, Go for it! Chunk would be out of his mind to waltz in here and suggest you're out of your mind! Do It!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/23/2012, 11:34 am

Hey guys? This is a change of subject, but you should go check this out real quick.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Makes a pretty good mini-Mech, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/23/2012, 1:18 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Hey guys? This is a change of subject, but you should go check this out real quick.

Makes a pretty good mini-Mech, doesn't it?
I second he motion; BiO, you need t se this!
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/23/2012, 3:22 pm

I dare say some of you have heard this before, but in case you hadn't:

Listen to that, and some of the music also by WOODKID. He is a musical genius.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/23/2012, 3:56 pm

On the topic of music...

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/23/2012, 4:06 pm

BiO wrote:
On the topic of music...

You just made my day!
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/23/2012, 6:26 pm

Listen to this one. I think it's awesome! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/23/2012, 6:44 pm

Thomas_Z wrote:
Listen to this one. I think it's awesome! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
OK, THat is just awesome!
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/29/2012, 5:25 pm

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I won't be around for a couple days (later on Sunday) as I'm going on a small trip. Cya guys when I get back. Smile
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/29/2012, 5:28 pm

BiO wrote:
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I won't be around for a couple days (later on Sunday) as I'm going on a small trip. Cya guys when I get back. Smile
Cya!
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty6/30/2012, 2:28 am

The Mech Arena has been put on hold because I'm lazy, and because Rabid is kinda inactive. So I was thinking of doing something simpler. We don't have to come up with rules, they already exist, and so do the units. In fact it's a game many of us here have played, now I hope we can bring it PvP. I'll go make a model and we'll see if you guys can guess what I mean.

On another note; this is epic-sauce: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a pic of the model...

The title is: Pharmaus PR Database
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/1/2012, 12:14 am

THUNDERSTRYKE UPDATE!

I thought I sould let you guys know, the Thunderstryke project goes well; In short, the head is now 100% complete.

While we're at it, Here's a picture of my progress so far:
Any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/1/2012, 7:01 pm

*drools big puddles on the floor, then notices and, after a few moments of red-faced embarrassment, regains my composure* Well, um, I suppose it could use a little sharpening up on the little details. Other than that...

JUST HURRY UP AND FINISH THAT THING ALREADY!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/1/2012, 7:55 pm

Ariklego wrote:
*drools big puddles on the floor, then notices and, after a few moments of red-faced embarrassment, regains my composure* Well, um, I suppose it could use a little sharpening up on the little details. Other than that...

JUST HURRY UP AND FINISH THAT THING ALREADY!!! Razz
Hey, take it easy! I'm a slow builder! XP For the first few Roleplay Battles, I'll probably end up relying on other factions' export-model vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/1/2012, 9:36 pm

Speaking of which, sorry I've not been active to continue our Roleplay battle. Back on the MBs in a roleplay I'm heavily involved in things have gotten absolutely nuts, and I'm right in the middle of it all.
That, and I've been doing a lot of LDD building projects. My LDD building has mostly been composed of switching between two-dozen half-built models, though I've done serious work on a few things.

Here are some spoilers for the biggest project I've completed as of yet:

I expect by now I'm considered a traitor to the Elite Mechaniers by actually having the guts to build a treaded TANK, but I hope this'll help make up for that.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/1/2012, 10:45 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Speaking of which, sorry I've not been active to continue our Roleplay battle. Back on the MBs in a roleplay I'm heavily involved in things have gotten absolutely nuts, and I'm right in the middle of it all.
That, and I've been doing a lot of LDD building projects. My LDD building has mostly been composed of switching between two-dozen half-built models, though I've done serious work on a few things.

I expect by now I'm considered a traitor to the Elite Mechaniers by actually having the guts to build a treaded TANK, but I hope this'll help make up for that.
Well, If there's going to be an Elite Mechaniers Civil War, I'm joining your side. I have a tank planned myself. And a multipurpose hovertank, with interchangeable turrets, a Compact APC, and, OMG, a Jeep!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/1/2012, 11:05 pm

Sounds awesome! By the way, did I ever mentioned that I found a way to connect the treads on LDD? I hope to make some record on MOCpages as the first person to do so or something. Razz
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/1/2012, 11:11 pm

Arik, I expect some upvoting on this post. Razz

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/1/2012, 11:19 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Sounds awesome! By the way, did I ever mentioned that I found a way to connect the treads on LDD? I hope to make some record on MOCpages as the first person to do so or something. Razz
Cool!
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/2/2012, 7:28 am

Ariklego wrote:
I did on the LU gallery, does that count?

As for tanks, I'm finishing off the Collab Hovertank, but I worked from just the base I made so that the creation is all made by me, so I can use it in things without asking Jak.

So no one knows what I made? (See previous page of posts)
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/2/2012, 7:40 am

Ariklego wrote:

D*** you for making something this cool and awesome!....No, seriously, it's very good tough I get a strong SCII Siege Tank vibe from it.

I'm also working on a very troublesome MS that can switch between tank and Mobile Suit mode.
And it can carry troops in the back Razz

Attaching those treads to the legs will be a lot of pain in the a** tough Razz

Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty7/2/2012, 10:37 am

Thomas_Z wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

D*** you for making something this cool and awesome!....No, seriously, it's very good tough I get a strong SCII Siege Tank vibe from it.

I'm also working on a very troublesome MS that can switch between tank and Mobile Suit mode.
And it can carry troops in the back Razz

Attaching those treads to the legs will be a lot of pain in the a** tough Razz

Picture is broken? Just an ad-looking image for PC Online. Shocked
Never played Starcraft before, though yeah, I did take a few looks at that one guy's Technic siege tank on MOCpages while building some of it. However, it's primarily based on a number of Halo vehicles (primarily from Halo Wars), and everything but the turret (which was redesigned like fifty times) was built a couple months ago.

And getting the treads literally attached is quite easy. It only works with the widest track piece, but you just have to attach clips on its underside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Conversation #1
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next