The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Vote_lcapMech Tech Database - Page 3 Voting_barMech Tech Database - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
BiO
Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Vote_lcapMech Tech Database - Page 3 Voting_barMech Tech Database - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

Mech Tech Database

Go down 
+4
TF Twitch
RichTheWolf257
Eroomdivad
Quantum Industries
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Empty2/5/2014, 8:05 pm

Personally, I typically use a mixture of the two. Why be tied down to energy-based projectiles or kinetic-based projectiles when you can have both? As far as solid ammo, I would probably go with something that'll melt armor or at least punch clean through most of it. It may not work in reality, but super-heated tungsten rounds making giant glowing red melty holes in other mechs sure sounds cool. And if TVTropes has taught me anything, it's that as long as it's cool enough, it doesn't matter how realistic it is. Case in point: Pacific Rim.
Back to top Go down
http://mocpages.com/home.php/84125
Brickbrycebrick
Technician
Technician
Brickbrycebrick

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Empty2/5/2014, 10:08 pm

I think that solid ammunition is way better than energy-based weaponry. When it comes to destroying a mech lasers and beam weapons have a certain magnification which makes them only take out sections of the machine which by the time its done enough damage the target, the opponent could have fired back and destroyed you, solid ammunition packs a huge punch and not only has a great explosion with shrapnel and fire but they can also have a large effect on the target as a whole, ex: dismantle the entire frame.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Empty2/5/2014, 10:59 pm

For all that play the Armored Core series, this is mainly what I reference. For missions I use laser weapons since it is more efficient. Versus other ACs, I use solid rounds, mainly back-mounted and handheld grenade launchers. The solid ammo may not initially hit as hard, but the stun effects make for easier successive shots, plus they add more heat damage. So a heated and explosive tungsten round that is magnetic accelerated would do lots of damage. So that would keep with my MAHEM idea. Any ideas on how to combine a laser and kinetic weapon that is handheld?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Empty2/6/2014, 3:15 am

Well in the LT universe the beam weapons fire heavy light, which is photons given mass (because who needs physics) and acts sort of as both a laser and kinetic weapon. However given that you're working within the AC universe...

The idea that comes to mind as a way of combining kinetic and laser weapons is to have a large projectile, probably fired from a railgun of sorts (I assume you mean handheld by a mech), which has a small laser emitter in the nose. This would allow it to burrow into enemy armour more effectively. Once burrowed it would explode or spray lasers everywhere until it's battery drains. It it hits an energy shield the laser would dissipate but the physical round would pass through, and then the laser can reactivate.
This would be a very expensive projectile to produce, but it would be a very effective anti-armour weapon, I would think.

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding how laser weapons work in AC lore, I've only played a very small amount of that series, since I found quickly that the gameplay was not enjoyable for me.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Empty2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Eroomdivad wrote:

Yes, I do mean handheld by a mech.  I was thinking of having one weapon with two barrels.  The beam weapon would be on top and is powered by the mech's own power source via hand plugs.  The bottom barrel would be the solid ammunition weapon.  I like beam weapons that are powered that way since as long as the mech has power, it never runs out of ammunition.  However, as I stated previously, solid ammunition (if designed correctly) can pack more of a punch at this scale and caliber.
As far as how laser/plasma/pulse weapons work in Armored Core, they fire similar to the Star Wars weapons.
Seeing as how I want the primary weapon system of Harbinger to be a "one shot, one kill" type of weapon against other mecha and mobile weapon systems, I will go with my MAHEM idea.  It will also have an enhanced laser blade that is mounted on the forearm as a melee/backup weapon.  The unique attribute is that the sides can open up so that the blade is not as inhibited, thus creating an immensely more powerful blade.  There will also be two back-mounted weapons, but I have not settled on what I want those to be just yet.  I do appreciate your feedback.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   Mech Tech Database - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mech Tech Database
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3