The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General WIPs - Page 13 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General WIPs - Page 13 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 13 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 13 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General WIPs - Page 13 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 13 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 13 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General WIPs

Go down 
+10
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Sylphion
Forte
JakTheMad
Eroomdivad
BiO
RichTheWolf257
LTE the Mechanier
Ariklego
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

General WIPs - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty2/17/2014, 7:49 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
The double-jointed elbow technique using T-pieces is actually very stable.  If you looked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you would see the technique used in real bricks and that it works rather well.

Oh, I don't doubt its real-life stability, but as far as the model/mechs in general, it just looks out of place to me to have that large gap showing a comparatively small piece holding the entire weight of the forearm in addition to anything it may be holding. It also looks (in-universe, of course) like an exploitable weak point.

Neutral I guess you could say it would be...
Cool disarmed.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you'd prefer to leave the joint itself the same, then I suggest adding some non-mobility constricting and structurally superfluous pieces around it just to make it "look pretty."
Back to top Go down
http://mocpages.com/home.php/84125
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty2/28/2014, 6:24 pm

I am still working on the missile launcher for the Blacktron mech and the main handheld weapon for Harbinger.  In the meantime, here is a VSL-03 Versailles R Defenser that has been slightly modified:

The modifications are very basic.  They use the frame that I most commonly use with the different elbows, added skirt armor, and rotating shoulder armor.  It still retains all of the basic functions as the original, such as wrist-mounted beam sabers, shoulder-mounted missiles, and the awesome backpack.  The first picture is showing the 50mm Heavy Machine Gun that comes optional with the original VSL-03.  The second picture shows the sniper rifle that I "borrowed" from my Thunder Mobile Suit (seen on MOCpages).  I am working on a heavy weapon, and I have a two ideas.  The first is a shoulder-carried weapon, and the second is that the weapon is carried underneath the arm.  Which would you all suggest?  I am also working on adding at least one SMG somewhere, possibly on the rear skirt armor.  Here is a question for Sylphion: how would the modified VSL-03 be designated, since the basic frame is the only major modification?  The original designation is VSL-03 Versailles R Defenser B-Unit (Type-B), so I am wondering how a modified frame would affect that.  Pretty much this is a stopgap mecha until Nacho Enterprises rolls out with their own mass produced suit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty2/28/2014, 11:14 pm

TF Twitch wrote:

Blah blah blah.
Blah blah, blah.
Heavy Weapon
Blah blah? Blah.
I recommend Shoulder-Mounted weapons. Arm-mounts aren't the best place for heavy weapons unless you intend on replacing the entire forearm with a gun. Unless "carried underneath the arm" means Armpit Gun. In that case, no. Just no. No Chest-Cannons either. Chest-cannons just... ...look stupid. "ZOMG MEGA MALE MONOBOOB OF DOOOOOOOM!" doesn't sound particularly attractive.

Last edited by RichTheWolf257 on 2/28/2014, 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty2/28/2014, 11:25 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
TF Twitch wrote:

Blah blah blah.
Blah blah, blah.
Heavy Weapon
Blah blah? Blah.
I recommend Shoulder-Mounted weapons. Arm-mounts aren't the best place for heavy weapons unless you intend on replacing the entire forearm with a gun. Unless "carried underneath the arm" means Armpit Gun. In that case, no. Just no. No Chest-Cannons either. Chest-cannons just... ...look stupid.

I like the "blah blah" part. Nice touch.
By under arm I do mean armpit-ish supported, like Buster from Gundam SEED. Or the heavy weapons Gundam from Gundam 00 (I cannot recall the name right now). Just to clarify, by shoulder carried I mean over the shoulder, like infantry rocket launchers and RPGs.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty2/28/2014, 11:40 pm

TF Twitch wrote:

I like the "blah blah" part.  Nice touch.
By under arm I do mean armpit-ish supported, like Buster from Gundam SEED.  Or the heavy weapons Gundam from Gundam 00 (I cannot recall the name right now).  Just to clarify, by shoulder carried I mean over the shoulder, like infantry rocket launchers and RPGs.

Definitely go with shoulder weapons then.
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty3/1/2014, 3:50 am

I'm almost done...

Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty3/1/2014, 5:12 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Alright, thank you for the input.

Quantum Industries wrote:

It looks great and is coming along nicely. I really like the firearm in the left hand since it just looks so cool. My ONLY suggestion is to make the entire MOC more studless all over, just to clean up the overall look. I know that you are not done yet, as you said, but it is still a suggestion. I have just found that mecha overall look better either studless or with minimal studs showing.
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty3/2/2014, 10:43 am

TF Twitch wrote:

Here is a question for Sylphion: how would the modified VSL-03 be designated, since the basic frame is the only major modification?  The original designation is VSL-03 Versailles R Defenser B-Unit (Type-B), so I am wondering how a modified frame would affect that.  Pretty much this is a stopgap mecha until Nacho Enterprises rolls out with their own mass produced suit.

Going out on a limb here, I guess it could be something like VSL-03b, add a lower case letter at the end of the number designation would allow for a lot of modifications to the same frame.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty4/3/2014, 7:42 am

The MTR-01C Meteor Commander is now complete, and Blacktron Rises:

If anyone has been following me on MOCpages, I have been doing some Classic Space Train builds recently. This is leading up to a diorama of Classic Space being attacked by Blacktron. The mass-produced Blacktron mecha will be in Blacktron II colors as follows:

Black: waist, arms, head, weapons
White: legs, torso
LDD Color: 49 - Tr. Fluore. Green

The Blacktron Commander, who pilots the Meteor Commander, is from the original Blacktron (hence the colors). Since the shield is from Thomas Z's Sazabi and given how Blacktron Commander leads from the front, I have modeled his personality after Char and Zechs (they are the same English voice actor, after all), but a tad more on the malcontent and terrorist side. Instead of waging war to free humanity from the Earth, this guy just wants to destroy just for the sake of destroying and reliving the glory days.
That is all for now, enjoy the preview!
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty4/4/2014, 6:38 am

Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty4/4/2014, 10:36 am

Hail Hydra? I do not understand how that relates to Blacktron.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty4/7/2014, 8:13 pm

So... After a painfully long lack of activity, I'm finally working on something. I'm currently revamping all the Kilestian Ships built to date. I've re-done the wings on the Astera- and Longsword-class frigates, and I'm in the middle of doing the same to the Destiny-class cruiser, and the Capricorn Battlecruiser is up next. In addition to modifying thier wings, I'm re-arranging the engine systems on both ships. Engine-related stats will be unchanged, If a little more detailed.

The one modification on that will make any real difference in the RP (RP? What RP?!) will be a redesign of the weapon systems on all four ships. I'll be designing more compact turrets, and completely re-arranging the weapon systems on the Destiny. Numerically speaking, The Destiny will probably end up more heavily-armed, but the additional weapons will be more balanced towards defense than before.

Stay tuned for pics!
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty4/9/2014, 8:23 am

Personally, I find that Hydra is pretty similar to Blacktron
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty4/9/2014, 10:02 pm

Here, have a sneak peak of the Revamped Destiny-Class Cruiser.

Weapon turrets coming soon. I still have a bit of work to do.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty4/10/2014, 2:33 am

Uh Richie? Am I seeing double?  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty4/10/2014, 11:26 am

What the--?!  Shocked How the heck did that happen? *scratches head* I can fix that. One sec...

There. Fixed.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty4/11/2014, 4:38 pm

And now for a preview of the Mighty Capricorn-Class Battlecruiser!

Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty4/17/2014, 10:54 am

A little update. After heavily modifying Thomas Z's head design on his Artemis, I managed to build a head that almost resembles a Gundam.

Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty5/10/2014, 6:22 pm

Everyone's work looks great! I have been moving across 'Murca recently, so I have not been as active as I would like.
Question for Sylphion: I noticed that on MOCpages that you are no longer "Helios Science" and are now "Citadel." What is up with that?
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty5/10/2014, 7:51 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
Everyone's work looks great!  I have been moving across 'Murca recently, so I have not been as active as I would like.
Question for Sylphion: I noticed that on MOCpages that you are no longer "Helios Science" and are now "Citadel."  What is up with that?
He's just changing the name for publicity reasons before he stages a bloody coup to take over Helios' parent company, The UPIG. But that's just a guess. As a side note though, have you seen the new disintegration tech our Lab Boys have been working on? Good stuff. Works really well. Especially at long ranges against large targets. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty5/14/2014, 10:32 am

Klushots wrote:
TF Twitch wrote:
Everyone's work looks great!  I have been moving across 'Murca recently, so I have not been as active as I would like.
Question for Sylphion: I noticed that on MOCpages that you are no longer "Helios Science" and are now "Citadel."  What is up with that?
He's just changing the name for publicity reasons before he stages a bloody coup to take over Helios' parent company, The UPIG. But that's just a guess. As a side note though, have you seen the new disintegration tech our Lab Boys have been working on? Good stuff. Works really well. Especially at long ranges against large targets. Just sayin'.

tl;dr I co-founded a gaming/roleplay group with a few friends and named it 'The Bastion' and we use that name in everything we do, hence the [BSTN] tag. Also Citadel and Bastion are names used for fortifications
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty5/17/2014, 5:52 pm

I present the MTR-02 Meteor Trooper, the mass-produced mecha for Blacktron:

To catch up on the development to date, let me explain my vision here.  Sylphion's original ESIONE was stolen and turned into the Red Ivy with the help of outside resources and technology.  Some of these came from Blacktron, who traded some of their technology for the plans and blueprints of the ESIONE.  Blacktron made an exact copy which became the Meteor Commander.  Blacktron Commander uses this as his personal mecha, hence the black and yellow paint scheme.  Seeing that reproducing mecha at that quality and grade was too expensive for their resources, Blacktron made their own mass-production model based on the ESIONE design, thus the Blacktron Trooper.  It wears the Blacktron Future Generation colors.  Its weaponry is a sniper rifle (not shown) and 40mm Autocannon (both from the ESIONE design), and an SMG.

So when I designed this, I used the ESIONE frame and modified the exterior.  The legs are practically a cut-and-paste from Thomas Z's Crimson Blade AC (over on MOCpages), but they had to be lengthened just a tad.  The SMG is also from the Crimson Blade.  The core is basically unchanged, save for my redesign of the front.  My goal was to make this resemble the Blacktron II Minifigs.

Here is the Meteor Commander alongside a Trooper.  They share the same shoulder height, but the Commander intentionally looks more intimidating and massive than the Trooper.  I just hope that overall the Trooper does not look TOO scrawny.  I may add some bulk to the lower legs, but I am undecided.  Any suggestions and constructive feedback is welcome!
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty5/17/2014, 9:21 pm

Looks good, Twitch. The one thing I would say sticks out to me that could be improved is the lack of detail on the arms when compared to the rest of it. If they'll fit, SNOT bricks will be your best friend there.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty5/17/2014, 10:55 pm

Klushots wrote:
Looks good, Twitch. The one thing I would say sticks out to me that could be improved is the lack of detail on the arms when compared to the rest of it. If they'll fit, SNOT bricks will be your best friend there.

Is there any particular part of the arm or just the whole assembly?
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty5/17/2014, 11:21 pm

Wow, fantastic TF, the execution of the troopers legs and feet is superb. I love the guns, and the head is perfectly generic for mass production Razz . I agree with Klushots that the arms (the upper arms and elbows specifically in my opinion) could be ascetically improved a bit.

sylphion, you hit the nail on the head with your description. But, the color scheme looks a little urban-camoish. But, I haven't seen it 360 on all three axis, so I might be wrong.   Cute 

Lately I've been busy with collage, so I haven't had a session long enough to post anything on TEM forum or MOC pages. Recently, I've entered the culinary arts, and I have to say that the food one learns to make in class... top notch. Awesomeface
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

General WIPs
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next