The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General WIPs - Page 12 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General WIPs - Page 12 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 12 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 12 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General WIPs - Page 12 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 12 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 12 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General WIPs

Go down 
+10
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Sylphion
Forte
JakTheMad
Eroomdivad
BiO
RichTheWolf257
LTE the Mechanier
Ariklego
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

General WIPs - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/4/2014, 2:14 am

You're on the dot with that. I think the way IFFs would display on a pilot's HUD work in this universe would be something like:

\/ VSL-03
/\ 'HARBINGER'

With the large 'X' being placed over the object
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/5/2014, 7:13 am

Okay, cool.  So is the Versailles 4 ever being produced?  If it is not in the works, may I suggest using my Sylphion Mobile Suit as a test bed?  Or canonically, data that Nacho Enterprises collects on the Harbinger would be sent back to Helios Science Tech.  Since Helios gave Nacho a Versailles 3 to tear apart and do whatever with it, it is only fair that any and all upgrades be shared with Helios.  I am mainly referring to the arms (which give WAY more articulation than the current Helios design) and addition of skirt armor (obvious).  Just an idea.

So when is the Red Ivy facing off against the Rudhirá?  We are still waiting on that.

On that subject, I was re-reading an earlier post about the ESIONE and Versailles lines, and I just want to make sure that I have this correct:

Darksteel (original to all)

ESIONE Line
1) Original ESIONE
- Stolen, converted into Red Ivy, designated "Unit 2"
2) Reproduced original ESIONE #1
- overhauled into "something else", "Unit 1"
3) Reproduced original ESIONE #2
- Used as testing platform for ESIONE development, "Unit 3"
4) Reproduced original ESIONE #3
- the mysterious "plot device", "Unit 5"
5) Caballus
- seen, functional, "Unit 4"

Versailles Line
Developed from Darksteel and ESIONE Units 1, 2, and/or 3.

Does that about sum it up?

On another note, work on the MTR-01 Blacktron Meteor is almost done.  Just need to finish the right shoulder-mounted missile launcher and she is done.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I swapped out the previous primary firearm for an enlarged version of the Caballus's "Terminus" Gamma-Beam Bazooka.  It now features an integrated beam rifle above the Hyper-Mega Beam Bazooka Cannon.  Stored in the shield is a giant slug gun that can mount underneath the handheld "over-sized and overkill DEATHRAY of DOOM".  The idea for that came from an episode of Gundam Unicorn where the Minovsky particles were disrupting beam shots, so Full Frontal pulls out a rocket bazooka from his shield and mounts in underneath his beam rifle.  Solid round munitions ALWAYS have their usages.
The left shoulder mounts the Red Ivy's 70mm Rotary Cannon, and the right forearm mounts the Anti-Mech Javelin Launcher & Beam Rifle combination weapon.  I figured that these two pieces of tech are part of what Blacktron handed over for data on the stolen ESIONE unit before it became the Red Ivy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/5/2014, 10:29 am

The Blacktron suit looks amazing.

At the moment, I have no ideas whatsover for a Versailles 4. As such, you can have the honour of having Nacho develop it, and perhaps from there, see further improvements. Comparing to the Gundam series, the Versailles 3 would be on par with a GM III, where as the Versailles 4 would probably be on par with a Jegan.

Also, you have the production lines correct.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/6/2014, 4:39 am

So the ESIONE series is supposed to be more specialized/powerful than the Versailles series? From what you stated (and my understanding), the Versailles is meant to be mass-produced, and the ESIONE mechas are more tailored for individual pilots.
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/6/2014, 12:00 pm

Indeed so. The ESIONE series is comparable to Gundams / NEXTs whereas the Versailles are regular mobile suits / Normals
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/7/2014, 3:15 am

just thought I'd get in on the fun by posting my own work...

Flashdriver blue

it is based off of one of chunk's early creations.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/7/2014, 4:49 pm

I want a flash drive that looks like that...

But seriously, that is pretty wicked. I like the protruding core. If that was moved lower, you would have a mini Orbital Frame.
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/7/2014, 7:12 pm

Dat color scheme...

___________________________________________________                                                                                  

Escalators are never really out of order... they are just temporarily stairs
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/8/2014, 5:11 pm

I felt left out...

Spoiler:

This'll go up on the 'Pages some time maybe...
Back to top Go down
http://mocpages.com/home.php/84125
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/8/2014, 5:51 pm

The first one is the better of the four in my opinion.

Oh, I've been meaning to post this...

Spoiler:

___________________________________________________                                                                                  

Escalators are never really out of order... they are just temporarily stairs
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/8/2014, 9:55 pm

Quantum Industries wrote:
The first one is the better of the four in my opinion.

Oh, I've been meaning to post this...

I implemented the Preemptive Strike Booster

I swear if that machine was pure white I'd shout "White Glint!". Pretty sweet pack tough.

Now, allow me to join on the fun as well, since it's been a while since I last postad anything worthy...

This model is a reboot or rather "rebirth" of my old Valor's Edge Gundam, and this will represent the current level of my builds. Altough this is not the finished build, I haven't even settled on a final color scheme yet honestly.

Spoiler:

I've also built a catapult of a carrier or battleship, but it might need some adjustments in the future.

Spoiler:

The second creation is my "Warlord" or "Fox God", I'm still trying to find it a good name tough, something that would fit the main antagonist's machine perfectly. He's been sitting in this state among my LDD documents for quite some time now, so he might need some upgrades as well just like some other old builds.

Spoiler:

Tell me your toughts on these!
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/8/2014, 10:59 pm

why'd you have to show me up like that Sad 
these make mine look simple
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/9/2014, 10:18 am

Sorry, that wasn't my intention. But I believe that my builds are that look simple compared to yours! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/9/2014, 2:27 pm

Y'all make me sick talking about your simplicity.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/10/2014, 12:14 am

Thomas_Z wrote:

Sorry, that wasn't my intention. But I believe that my builds are that look simple compared to yours! Very Happy

I know it wasn't your intention, it's just your creations have a 'flowing utility design' about them where as mine are not as developed as yours. Smile

Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/10/2014, 2:57 am

Klushots:
I would agree that the first pose is the best of them.  The angle just looks so aggressive.  The primary firearm resembles a Heavy Bolter from Warhammer 40K, which just looks wicked.  Whomever is on the receiving end of that is not going to enjoy their day.  The blade of the sword does seem a tad thick to be an effective bladed weapon, even if it were to have a beam/plasma emitter.

Quantum Industries:
I like the concept of an auxiliary booster system, but it may need some more refinement.  It does resemble a VOB system (Variable Overboost) from AC:4A.  My guess is that once the propellent is used up, it ejects itself?  I would also speculate that it can be recovered and refilled/recharged later.  Its form does fit the function of being a simple "plug-and-play" boost system that rapidly get the Gundam from Point A to Point Z.

Thomas Z:
Your Valor's Edge Gundam looks like some Sazabi got mixed in there when viewing the back.  The shoulder and leg enhancements really augment the Suit and give it a tad more definition.  The gray suit seems to be strongly influenced by the ZGMF-X13A Providence Gundam line of Mobile Suits (Providence Gundam, Providence ZAKU, and Legend Gundam).  The shoulder armor goes together well with the bulky leg armor, creating a nice synergy between defense and shape.  Overall I really like your concepts and I look forward to the finished products.

On another note, I would like some help trying to create this head unit in the brick:
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/10/2014, 3:01 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
Thomas Z:
Your Valor's Edge Gundam looks like some Sazabi got mixed in there when viewing the back.  The shoulder and leg enhancements really augment the Suit and give it a tad more definition.  The gray suit seems to be strongly influenced by the ZGMF-X13A Providence Gundam line of Mobile Suits (Providence Gundam, Providence ZAKU, and Legend Gundam).  The shoulder armor goes together well with the bulky leg armor, creating a nice synergy between defense and shape.  Overall I really like your concepts and I look forward to the finished products.

On another note, I would like some help trying to create this head unit in the brick:

The Gundam has influences from the Sinanju(backpack, leg thrusters), Nu(weapons, future color scheme) and Strike Freedom(chest cannon, beam shields). The gray suit was mostly inspired by the Gabthley (shoulders obviously) and the nine-tailed fox from asian myth(this is why it has a fox head and 5 funnels, tough I might increase that number in the future).

Now, I tried to recreate the head you desire but I'm not sure if it's any good...

I wrecked my head on this several times already, but couldn't come up with a better solution...I just don't seem to be too good at AC designs, it turned out very complicated and feels a bit unstable, but that might be just me...

Well, at least it can give you a starting point for your own head design if this doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/10/2014, 6:17 pm

Well, the Sinanju is supposed to be reminiscent of the Sazabi, so that us why I mentioned Char's suit. I forgot about the Gabthley, but the others that I mentioned came to mind first. That head design is great, thank you. I will definitely give it a go and see how it does.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/10/2014, 8:25 pm

TF Twitch wrote:

I would agree that the first pose is the best of them.  The angle just looks so aggressive.  The primary firearm resembles a Heavy Bolter from Warhammer 40K, which just looks wicked.  Whomever is on the receiving end of that is not going to enjoy their day.  The blade of the sword does seem a tad thick to be an effective bladed weapon, even if it were to have a beam/plasma emitter.

Thanks, but they're actually all the same pose just from 4 different angles. I just got lazy, hence the fact that it's black on a black background (also, my new computer doesn't have Photoshop Elements, so there's that excuse too Wink ). I'm not very familiar with Warhammer (like, at all), but I looked up the Bolter and I can see what you mean. And thanks! Yes, the blade does look quite thick, but it's technically no thicker than most beam sabers I see on many larger models, just flatter. And since we're supposedly dealing with some form of matter that would be able to melt/cut through armor like a hot knife through butter anyway, I figured having a flatter edge would be at least forgivable if not beneficial.
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/10/2014, 8:45 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
Quantum Industries:
I like the concept of an auxiliary booster system, but it may need some more refinement.  It does resemble a VOB system (Variable Overboost) from AC:4A.  My guess is that once the propellent is used up, it ejects itself?  I would also speculate that it can be recovered and refilled/recharged later.  Its form does fit the function of being a simple "plug-and-play" boost system that rapidly get the Gundam from Point A to Point Z.

It is based off of the VOB.
Do you have any suggestions on how I could refine it?
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/11/2014, 5:33 am

It is based off of the VOB.
Do you have any suggestions on how I could refine it?

One suggestion is to mount it so that it is in line with the suit so that it wears it more like a backpack.  The booster exit would be at the feet so that the suit would fly laying down instead of standing up.  It would put less strain on the frame for several reasons.  One, by flying headfirst, only the top of the suit would be taking the brunt of the forces that it would endure, instead of the whole front of the suit.  It would turn it into more of a jet.  It would also be more aerodynamic for atmospheric use.  Also, instead of the suit being pushed by the giant booster system, by using the configuration that I suggested, it would more or less just be along for the wild ride.

Hope that helps!

Edit: If your Gundam could transform like my Gundam VicViper, then it would be easier to attach the booster system, use it, and then swiftly and easily enter combat once the boosters have been ejected.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/12/2014, 10:13 pm

Klushots wrote:

Thanks, but they're actually all the same pose just from 4 different angles. I just got lazy, hence the fact that it's black on a black background (also, my new computer doesn't have Photoshop Elements, so there's that excuse too Wink ). I'm not very familiar with Warhammer (like, at all), but I looked up the Bolter and I can see what you mean. And thanks! Yes, the blade does look quite thick, but it's technically no thicker than most beam sabers I see on many larger models, just flatter. And since we're supposedly dealing with some form of matter that would be able to melt/cut through armor like a hot knife through butter anyway, I figured having a flatter edge would be at least forgivable if not beneficial.

I know that they are the same pose, but I still like the first one the most. As far as the blade thickness in comparison to larger mecha is concerned, just keep in mind that the scale increases with the increase of mecha size. Although at the size that you build at, a wider blade would mean that it would hit more and have more of a hammer effect over a thin blade effect. I like that idea.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/14/2014, 5:04 am

An update on my Harbinger mech:

The head was designed by our awesome Thomas Z.  Only a little bit of modification was needed on the underside of the head so that it could mount onto the core.  The backpack is completed and features two moveable and posable main boosters in the backpack itself.  The binders are a form of over-boost that fold down when not in use.  The louvers are able to open up and reveal four boosters on each binder.  I think that I will call it a Selectable Over-Boost (SOB) since the amount of thrust can be controlled.  Also, "SOB" is what the pilot may say when it is pushed to 100% thrust.  On the back is a micro missile launcher and a Beam Gatling CIWS (Close-In Weapon System).  The Beam Gatling is mainly for shooting down incoming missiles, but like all CIWS it can be adapted for other uses.  All that is left is the make the primary handheld weapon system.  Any critique is welcomed.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/14/2014, 7:39 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
As far as the blade thickness in comparison to larger mecha is concerned, just keep in mind that the scale increases with the increase of mecha size. Although at the size that you build at, a wider blade would mean that it would hit more and have more of a hammer effect over a thin blade effect. I like that idea.
I thought of that, but then I realized that while scale may change, the molecular compound as well as the size of the individual molecules in both the armor and the blade doesn't. Therefore, I reasoned that a wide blade would probably have nothing but benefits being that its cutting power isn't dependent on how sharp it is. After all, if the same blade width is used against larger machines, how much more devastating would it be to something smaller? But we seem to be pretty much on the same page at this point, so I'll stop beating the horse now. As far as hammers go, I'm planning to use a rocket-propelled one at some point on a heavy unit (probably ridiculously impractical, but since when has that stopped me?), but that may be a ways off...

Regarding the Harbinger, everything looks pretty good to me except maybe the lower shoulder area and where it connects to the forearms. It's pretty square-looking and the joint looks very flimsy. I'd probably use any of the more sturdy joints there rather than just a T-piece.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty2/17/2014, 1:56 pm

Klushots wrote:
Regarding the Harbinger, everything looks pretty good to me except maybe the lower shoulder area and where it connects to the forearms. It's pretty square-looking and the joint looks very flimsy. I'd probably use any of the more sturdy joints there rather than just a T-piece.

The double-jointed elbow technique using T-pieces is actually very stable.  If you looked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you would see the technique used in real bricks and that it works rather well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

General WIPs
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next