The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Vote_lcapLDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Voting_barLDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
BiO
LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Vote_lcapLDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Voting_barLDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

LDD to POV-Ray

Go down 
+5
Eroomdivad
BiO
RichTheWolf257
Klushots
Thomas_Z
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty12/30/2012, 8:08 pm

BiO wrote:
Okay, so I've been trying to get this to work for a while now, but I've got an issue. I get all the way to the part where I can render the converted LDD model in POV-Ray, but when I click "Run", it comes up with an error saying, "Parse error: cannot open include file ldd_default_colors.inc.", with the line "#include "ldd_default_colors.inc" " highlighted. Thomas, Forte, any suggestions? If it helps to have any background context at all, I didn't restart my computer after installing the LDD to POV-Ray program (it told me to restart there) simply because my computer takes forever to reboot, and it almost didn't make it last time.

I had the same issues at firs,t even tough I did restart, so that's probably not the cause. I usually have this error after I convert the LDD to POV, and the program asks me if I wish to render it right away, then I choose "Yes", and then the second program starts automatically. I usually get the error when I choose "No", and start the second program manually. I messed around with the settings a few times before it stopped finding errors. Also, read the instructions on MOCpages, you have to create the "Includes" directory, if the program doesn't generate it itself. I'm not sure how I fixed mine, so this is all I can think of for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty12/30/2012, 8:48 pm

BiO wrote:

Restart your machine. The program should generate about 18MB of small files upon its next utilization, which should be left alone as long as you intend to keep making fresh renders. Mine all ended up in my account documents (account name folder in Win7, My Documents in WinXP).

Also, for Thomas:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm currently rendering a little surprise that will appear here for the first time.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty12/30/2012, 10:29 pm

Alright, so I've restarted and that doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. Experimenting a bit more, I've got some more information to share with you guys.

When only the LDD to POV-Ray program is open, and I click the "Convert" button with all information included, it comes up with this little message;

Unable to access necessary includes.
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\LDD Tools\LDD to POV-Ray Converter\LDDIncludes\ldd_main.bin' is denied.

However, when I check the little checkbox that says "Don't generate includes", it works just fine and I can open it in POV-Ray. Of course, once I do that, I get the same issue I was getting earlier.

Something else I can mention is that I manually made the "LDDIncludes" folder in the "LDD to POV-Ray Converter" directory, and I kept that during the restart. I'm not sure if this means that the program wasn't able to generate what it needed in that folder, but since the instructions on MOCpages said you could make it that way, I'm thinking that's not the issue.
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty12/30/2012, 11:24 pm

BiO wrote:

Uninstall everything. Restart your PC. Install both programs all over again. Restart again. Make the LDDIncludes folder, then run the converter program as Administrator. A fresh installation with no errors in-between steps might help. Other than that, there's only so much tech support we can offer without knowing more about the program. The EuroBricks forum is a good place to ask questions about the converter and POV-Ray, since the program developer is a mod there and plenty of their members are using the programs in concert.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty12/31/2012, 7:06 am

BiO wrote:
Okay, so I've been trying to get this to work for a while now, but I've got an issue. I get all the way to the part where I can render the converted LDD model in POV-Ray, but when I click "Run", it comes up with an error saying, "Parse error: cannot open include file ldd_default_colors.inc.", with the line "#include "ldd_default_colors.inc" " highlighted. Thomas, Forte, any suggestions? If it helps to have any background context at all, I didn't restart my computer after installing the LDD to POV-Ray program (it told me to restart there) simply because my computer takes forever to reboot, and it almost didn't make it last time.
Running some old tech, are we Andrew? You and me both, pal.
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty12/31/2012, 4:12 pm

I'm fairly sure that these renders are math-intensive and would be best served by a high-end processor, notsomuch the GPU. I'm running an AMD Phenom II X4 and an Nvidia GTX460 and having minimal issues with other programs when POV-Ray is working. It does like to cause temporary freezing when I open a new tab in Chrome.

Also, HAY THOMAS.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty12/31/2012, 6:47 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
BiO wrote:
Running some old tech, are we Andrew? You and me both, pal.
Upgrade time! I hope you've both been saving your money!
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty1/1/2013, 10:52 am

Forte wrote:
I'm fairly sure that these renders are math-intensive and would be best served by a high-end processor, notsomuch the GPU. I'm running an AMD Phenom II X4 and an Nvidia GTX460 and having minimal issues with other programs when POV-Ray is working. It does like to cause temporary freezing when I open a new tab in Chrome.

Also, HAY THOMAS.

Wow, this looks amazing Forte(tough the head should have some horns Very Happy:D....)! Looks a lot like Zeta mixed with the ZZ. The shoulder design is very impressive!
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty1/1/2013, 7:05 pm

Another premier; Vandal Kai
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty8/5/2013, 10:27 pm

*Explodes of sheer awesomeness*

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo- *gasps for breath* --oooooooooooooooooooowww...

I first saw Forte's previous post, and thought "Oh, cool, Forte built one of his Mechs in real life." Then, a few seconds later, it hit me, and there was this sound effect in my brain like a driver slamming on the brakes and his car coming to a screeching halt on the pavement.

Now I gotta go put all my Mechs through this rendering thingy and see what comes out. Razz
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty8/11/2013, 2:00 pm

Forte wrote:
Another premier; Vandal Kai

Never cease to impress, nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty8/13/2013, 4:21 am

Quantum Industries wrote:
Never cease to impress, nuff said.
Pffffft, I ceased to impress as soon as my builder's block set in and I couldn't come up with any neat new ideas.

EDIT: Mm, mm, mmmm, before and after shots.

Pre-bake

Post-bake
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty2/13/2014, 2:28 am

I need to learn how to use POV Ray. I have tried using the tutorials, but it still does not work. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty6/17/2015, 5:49 am

Been baking some new renders with my new PC. These days my machine seems to be able to produce a finished render in less than half an hour. Think I'm ready for Arkham Knight? ;P

Some of these are things you have guys have seen before. It's about the glitzy CG, not the new hotness (but th crimson one is a remake of something no one remembers).

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty6/17/2015, 12:14 pm

Seeing some activity here after such a long time makes me feel good. I'm sorry I haven't been posting anything here or on MOCpages, but the inactivity really discourages me.
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty6/18/2015, 2:29 am

I think, maybe, we're all burnt out.

I feel burnt out. I can't reinvent the wheel again. I think I just ran into a wall when my designs had fleshed out every concept I'd imagined and then the cookie jar was empty. :/
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty6/18/2015, 9:02 pm

I'm not burnt out. I have plenty of ideas I want to try. But my mentors and peers are gone and I have nothing to motivate me.
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty6/19/2015, 3:18 am

Gotta motivate yourself~.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LDD to POV-Ray   LDD to POV-Ray - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LDD to POV-Ray
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum :: The Elite Mechaniers :: Mech Convo-
Jump to: