The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Vote_lcapNew Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Voting_barNew Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
BiO
New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Vote_lcapNew Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Voting_barNew Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

New Games/Gaming News

Go down 
+6
LTE the Mechanier
Ariklego
RichTheWolf257
JakTheMad
BiO
Eroomdivad
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty5/25/2012, 8:44 pm

Well, in something that loosely fits into gaming news, Sid Meyer's Civilization V is on sale on Steam for $7.50 (I'm not fluent in other forms of currency, sorry Sad ). I've been playing it a bit, and I'm strongly considering getting the GOTY edition for $12.50. It's quite a fun game.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty5/25/2012, 11:45 pm

BiO wrote:
Well, in something that loosely fits into gaming news, Sid Meyer's Civilization V is on sale on Steam for $7.50 (I'm not fluent in other forms of currency, sorry Sad ). I've been playing it a bit, and I'm strongly considering getting the GOTY edition for $12.50. It's quite a fun game.

yeah, it's a pretty fun game. it's a bit odd compared to other RTS games I've played Age of Empires, Axis & Allies, etc.), but still fun.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty5/26/2012, 1:56 am

Ehm, I wouldn't label it an RTS game; it really is turn-based. Sorry to be nit-picky, but it bothers me that the distinction isn't made between these two. Heck, I've seen games listed as both RTS and turn-based, when I know they're only one.

Sorry, I dunno why I became so passionate about that for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty5/26/2012, 11:21 am

I didn't it was. but hey, I'm not terribly knowledgeable on this subject. all I know is that "Real-Time Strategy" is about the best category I know to fit it into, hence why I did so. Razz
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty7/16/2012, 12:02 pm

So I've got an information dump to throw on you guys.

First off, the Steam Summer Sale is happening RIGHT NOW, also known as the gamer's virtual heaven and the time when people's bank accounts are quickly drained of most of their contents. I myself have been found guilty of throwing obscene amounts of money at my computer screen from the shear incredibleness of these deals. I highly suggest you look at it, and just in case you aren't on Steam, join RIGHT NOW.

As a result of my buying spree, I've acquired Q.U.B.E, Frozen Synapse, Legend of Grimrock, and Fallout: New Vegas. I've still got some money left, so there will probably be another purchase somewhere in there.

Speaking of Legend of Grimrock, I bought expecting an awesome character management system and memorable environment. I got that, but as an unexpected bonus, I received an awesome soundtrack. Take a listen.

Yeah... Very Happy

Final bit of information, a new game recently caught my sights: Quantum Conundrum. Has anyone here played it? If you have, what did you think of it? I love games like it, and I've heard many a good thing from some fairly prominent resources.

That's about it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty7/17/2012, 7:30 am

BiO wrote:
So I've got an information dump to throw on you guys.
Oi! Stop throwing stuff on me! Razz

Actually, I only recently got Steam, because I bought Terraria (awesome game). And I agree, Quantum looks epic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty7/17/2012, 7:34 am

Just tried the demo of QQ, its pretty d*** awesome, but hard to describe - you need to get it to really understand.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty7/17/2012, 7:37 am

JakTheMad wrote:
Just tried the demo of QQ, its pretty d*** awesome, but hard to describe - you need to get it to really understand.
Quantum Quunundrum? Laughing
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty7/17/2012, 9:54 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
JakTheMad wrote:
Quantum Quunundrum? Laughing

I know what I meant! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/21/2012, 1:27 am

I got me an ACIII!
Yayz, more murderising.

I'll tell you guys what I think once I've played a bit.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/21/2012, 1:37 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
I got me an ACIII!
Yayz, more murderising.

isn't there an even newer one too? AC V?
well, let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/21/2012, 6:22 pm

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
I got me an ACIII!
Yayz, more murderising.

If that's a joke, it's a bad one.

If you're serious, then I'm disappointed.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/21/2012, 7:21 pm

BiO wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
I got me an ACIII!
Yayz, more murderising.

um, what joke? I think u r thinking of something else.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/21/2012, 7:38 pm

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
BiO wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
I got me an ACIII!
Yayz, more murderising.

*facepaw*
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/21/2012, 8:13 pm

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
BiO wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
I got me an ACIII!
Yayz, more murderising.

You do realize that there is no such thing as Assassin's Creed 5? 3 was the newest one. Granted, it was the fifth AC game, but no one, and I mean NO ONE calls it AC V.
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/21/2012, 8:50 pm

BiO wrote:
]You do realize that there is no such thing as Assassin's Creed 5? 3 was the newest one. Granted, it was the fifth AC game, but no one, and I mean NO ONE calls it AC V.

Maybe he was talking about AC 5 as in...um...Armored Core V? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/22/2012, 12:13 am

On a subject other than high-heeled Mechs and assassins of mass-slaughter, I just got Halo 4 for my birthday yesterday.

To say the least, it's even more awesome than anticipated. Unlike with Halo: Reach, I have yet to find a weapon in the game I won't readily pick up and use. Assault Rifle received a massive overhaul in general deadliness and has actually climbed up to being one of my top favorites, despite easily being the one gun I hate most in the other games. I also find it delightfully enjoyable to employ the Incineration Cannon's sheer power to the end of vaporizing grunts and savor just how "overkill" it is. Razz

Ehh, enough about guns. The Mantis was great fun, and is probably gonna take its place as any Mech fan's favorite vehicle in the game.

By the way, I'm having trouble trying to get Spartan Ops and War Games from Disc 2 downloaded. My console's memory unit doesn't have enough space, and I have no clue what Cloud is or how to use it (though if it requires an Xbox Live Gold membership I can out-rule that option...). Any help?
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/22/2012, 4:28 am

Ariklego wrote:
On a subject other than high-heeled Mechs and assassins of mass-slaughter, I just got Halo 4 for my birthday yesterday.

To say the least, it's even more awesome than anticipated. Unlike with Halo: Reach, I have yet to find a weapon in the game I won't readily pick up and use. Assault Rifle received a massive overhaul in general deadliness and has actually climbed up to being one of my top favorites, despite easily being the one gun I hate most in the other games. I also find it delightfully enjoyable to employ the Incineration Cannon's sheer power to the end of vaporizing grunts and savor just how "overkill" it is. Razz

Ehh, enough about guns. The Mantis was great fun, and is probably gonna take its place as any Mech fan's favorite vehicle in the game.

By the way, I'm having trouble trying to get Spartan Ops and War Games from Disc 2 downloaded. My console's memory unit doesn't have enough space, and I have no clue what Cloud is or how to use it (though if it requires an Xbox Live Gold membership I can out-rule that option...). Any help?
Well as far as general computers go the Cloud is a place on the interweb where you can store files and access them so they don't take up space on your computer. An example would be games, like DayZ, that save your items online so you can play the same character in any server. I think Steam has a service like this but I don't for sure. I've got no idea how it works with Xbox, sorry.

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
*facepaw*
I see what you did thar.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/25/2012, 5:21 pm

BiO wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
BiO wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
I got me an ACIII!
Yayz, more murderising.

You do realize that there is no such thing as Assassin's Creed 5? 3 was the newest one. Granted, it was the fifth AC game, but no one, and I mean NO ONE calls it AC V.
OOOH. now this convo makes SOOO much more sense. I was thinking Armored Core, u know, seeing as we started out as mechaniers and our website is called "Elite Mechaniers." simple misunderstanding.
Thomas_Z wrote:
BiO wrote:
]You do realize that there is no such thing as Assassin's Creed 5? 3 was the newest one. Granted, it was the fifth AC game, but no one, and I mean NO ONE calls it AC V.

Maybe he was talking about AC 5 as in...um...Armored Core V? Razz
^ yes, this.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/27/2012, 10:13 pm

Laughing That's classic.
*Anvil*
(If you haven't seen ASDF Movie watch it on YouTube.)

Anyways, so far ACIII (as in, the stabby one) has been pretty sweet, but I'm still in the multiple hour long intro before I get to be Connor (the main protagonist for the game) where you play as who I assume is his father, Haytham Kenway. So I can't really say whether it's good or not, but there are a few missions where I was feeling cooped in, like there was so much more game to play and I was stuck in a tiny corner. But the next mission you got to run about in the frontier (more or less the Kingdom from ACI) and track someone through the snow via the trail they left in it, which is pretty darn cool.

Some stuff I've discovered so far (I'm playing on my PS3):
- You actually have to explore below ground in the fast travel tunnels to unlock them
- You can pet animals (ie, scratch a dog under the neck or feed a pig some carrot) as a way of avoiding suspicion
- Haytham cannot climb trees, he just falls out of them, so don't waste your time until you're Connor
- It takes ages to reload a musket which adds a nice tactical element and to be honest the hidden gun was a bit OP in Brotherhood and Revelations (don't know about ACII)
- The melee combat feels smoother and more enjoyable to me
- You can play mini-games (which are based on actually boardgames from the time) to win cash and they're actually fun (be warned that I enjoy the odd game of chess IRL)
- I find myself hitting the wrong button to do something, like using triangle for eagle vision, because that was what you did in the old games
- I've approached ACIII as a new game and I made sure not to expect to be running around with all Ezio's abilities after the first hour, this work out well and I recommend this approach

This is just stuff I that you probably wont find in actual reviews and you should probably read a few if you want to know the big stuff.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/28/2012, 12:51 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
Laughing That's classic.
*Anvil*

Anyways, so far ACIII...
haha, yeah. ACIII sounds pretty cool, but I'm less of an RPG guy, more FPS. Maybe I'll rent it or something.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/28/2012, 11:23 pm

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
Laughing That's classic.
*Anvil*

Anyways, so far ACIII...
haha, yeah. ACIII sounds pretty cool, but I'm less of an RPG guy, more FPS. Maybe I'll rent it or something.
I wouldn't call AC an RPG, it's more action/adventure IMHO. What's your favourite FPS at the moment?
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty11/30/2012, 12:14 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
Laughing That's classic.
*Anvil*

Anyways, so far ACIII...
I wouldn't call AC an RPG, it's more action/adventure IMHO. What's your favourite FPS at the moment?
...Halo series. it pretty much trumps everything else.
and on that note:
Ariklego wrote:

Personally I think the assault rifle has become more obsolete than it ever was before. It's handy in the Campaign mode, but in matchmaking it's ehhhh... The DMR and Battle Rifle have rightfully taken their places as the #2 and #3 weapons in the game, with the SAW in first of course. Sadly, (in matchmaking) almost all the good short range weapons have become obsolete as well. *sigh* I'd better start working on my headshots.

I TOTALLY agree with you on the Mantis. It is completely superior to anything else on the battlefield, pretty much. Goodbye Scorpions, hello Mantis!

On the whole downloading matchmaking thing, I would say this: get a USB. they're pretty cheap. There is currently a 16 gb usb flash drive at http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-JetFlash-Retractable-Flash-Drive/dp/B0045ICK0Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354289611&sr=1-2&keywords=6+gb+usb for about $10. those things are quite handy, you can even save your Xbox live account onto them.
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty1/28/2013, 2:54 am

Speaking of new games, Strike Suit Zero came out about four days ago. I've just bought it, and I love every little bit of it:

Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty1/28/2013, 4:46 pm

Looks like it could be fun so long as there's more depth to it than what I can see in the trailer. I never did get the point of space fighters transforming into mechs, though. I mean, it's space. Why do they need that? Just seems grossly impractical to me. But it's a game, so realism is stupid. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://mocpages.com/home.php/84125
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Games/Gaming News
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum :: The Elite Mechaniers :: Games Discussion-
Jump to: