The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Vote_lcapGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 39 Voting_barGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 39 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Vote_lcapGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 39 Voting_barGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 39 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General Conversation #1

Go down 
+13
Klushots
Kirill Z.
Legobrickforger48
LTE the Mechanier
Thomas_Z
Chunkblaster
Brickbrycebrick
Ariklego
RichTheWolf257
Eroomdivad
Chen-Chen
JakTheMad
BiO
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty7/29/2014, 5:55 pm

Speaking of Furries, are there any other furs here, or am I just a lone wolf surrounded by furless freaks?
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty8/9/2014, 6:01 pm

Just saw the Dragon Ball Z Battle of the Gods movie. It's been 17 years since the last movie was created... Akira Toriyama's stuff is still epic. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty8/10/2014, 12:24 am

I just never could get into anime really... Of course, I say this as I'm in the process of watching Fullmetal Alchemist simply because everywhere I turn people won't shut up about it. Not sure what I think 5 episodes in...
Back to top Go down
http://mocpages.com/home.php/84125
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty8/11/2014, 2:49 pm

Yello. Just dropping in for a final, final farewell. :p

Been a long while since I picked up the bricks, and it's going to be a very, very long while until I pick them up again. What can I say - I've got other stuff in my life now. I've been climbing a hell of a lot recently, and League has also taken it's toll. But equally, there's the kinda teenage stuff that's finally hitting me (#16inunderamonth).

Rich, I know the kinda stuff you're talking with about the crap people from "different" groups can get. As someone who's bisexual (leaning a fair bit more to gay), I know what it's like to be seen as odd in the eyes of your fellows. But hey, life's life. Being different is what makes us all so snazzy. Cute

And finally, since you have never seen me in the flesh, and probably never will again:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So yeah. Bye. Cute
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty8/11/2014, 5:04 pm

Well, Farewell, Jak. And form one bisexual mechanier to another, I wish you well in all things in life.

You... will be missed.

...*screams into a pillow*
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty8/12/2014, 6:00 pm

he'll be back, the joy of plastic is too strong a feeling for one to forget.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty8/12/2014, 6:56 pm

Yeah. This was just unexpected, that's all.

Aaaaaaand, I admit to being a little overdramatic. On purpose.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty8/21/2014, 10:17 pm

Aaand here I am on my yearly drive-by! Life is going good: I'm still working, going to start college at the end of this month, kinda in a relationship, etc etc etc. Razz

Jak inspired me with his whole "Imma show mah face thing", and I figured screw it, why not.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That was taken this past winter, the time of year when my beanie is permanently fastened upon my head. Razz

So yeah, hi and bye!
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty9/4/2014, 9:51 am

You all look so young and adorable! And now I feel so much older... Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty9/4/2014, 10:01 pm

We interrupt this selfie-fest to bring you a message from the Hype Train. CHOOT! CHOOT!

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty11/1/2014, 12:07 pm

Happy Nnovvember, everyone! Anyone planning on building any Vic Vipers?
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty11/2/2014, 2:45 pm

Not really... I am trying to start work on an A-10 inspired fighter though. Hopefully that'll help get me out of my rut of not working on my Armored Shells.

...But probably not.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty11/3/2014, 7:03 am

I do not know what I will do for NoVVember this year. Last year I did a transforming Gundam, which did not receive as much attention as I would have wanted. I want to do another transforming mecha, but I am unsure if I should or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty1/3/2015, 3:54 am

Who's excited about the new Bionicle reboot?

Ok, it does use the Hero Factory system, which is a minus, But as far as HF system sets go, these guys are pretty complex. And bigger than I expected. I went ahead an impulse-bought Tahu and Kopaka, and I had fun building them. A lot has changed between G1 and NuG1 in terms of story, but I find the changes reasonable, and am confident that NuBionicle will come to resemble the original more and more closely as time goes on.

There's an undeniable parallel between the Skull Spiders and the Bohrok of olde. The way I see them, they're just Krana with legs, and maybe some form of elemental energy attack. Without a doubt, they are much more dangerous than they look.

Then there's the Protectors. It's kinda disappointing that they don't have names and that they all look alike, but perhaps that's for the better. It's possible that by leaving the Protectors nameless, Lego is letting us oldschool fans have our headcanon cake and eat it too. In any case, they're certainly more badass than the original Turaga.

And, finally, The Island of Okoto. After thinking about it for a while, I find that that change is for the better; Having Mata Nui for the name of the island they live on, the benevolent demideity that rules over them, and the giant robot that the same Great Spirit once had for a body is a little confusing. Not to mention the Corporeal form that the Great Spirit took as Toa Mata Nui.

I'm simultaneously anxious to see what the future holds, and praying they don't screw it up.

Ciao~
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty1/3/2015, 10:36 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Who's excited about the new Bionicle reboot?

Ok, it does use the Hero Factory system, which is a minus, But as far as HF system sets go, these guys are pretty complex. And bigger than I expected. I went ahead an impulse-bought Tahu and Kopaka, and I had fun building them. A lot has changed between G1 and NuG1 in terms of story, but I find the changes reasonable, and am confident that NuBionicle will come to resemble the original more and more closely as time goes on.

There's an undeniable parallel between the Skull Spiders and the Bohrok of olde. The way I see them, they're just Krana with legs, and maybe some form of elemental energy attack. Without a doubt, they are much more dangerous than they look.

Then there's the Protectors. It's kinda disappointing that they don't have names and that they all look alike, but perhaps that's for the better. It's possible that by leaving the Protectors nameless, Lego is letting us oldschool fans have our headcanon cake and eat it too. In any case, they're certainly more badass than the original Turaga.

And, finally, The Island of Okoto. After thinking about it for a while, I find that that change is for the better; Having Mata Nui for the name of the island they live on, the benevolent demideity that rules over them, and the giant robot that the same Great Spirit once had for a body is a little confusing. Not to mention the Corporeal form that the Great Spirit took as Toa Mata Nui.

I'm simultaneously anxious to see what the future holds, and praying they don't screw it up.

Ciao~
I just realized that I completely Overlooked something very important. Ekimu.

Umm... I have yet to pass judgement on Ekimu. And I probably won't until we get to Mahri Nui aro Karda Nui.

Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty4/3/2015, 10:47 pm

Testing... Testing...

Just to see if anyone's still active, I'm just leave this here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty4/5/2015, 8:59 pm

I'm still around every now and then. Moderators gotta moderate.

Nice design! Much better than any of my current projects since none of them actually exist in LDD in any reasonable sense. The few times I actually HAVE been on LDD lately, I've been working on a full-sized ship based on this bad boy from a community gunship competition for the upcoming game "Star Citizen" (sadly, it didn't win):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My progress at this point could be generously described as "nonexistent."
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty4/5/2015, 10:24 pm

Nifty. I wonder... Would anyone happen to have an LXF of Chunkblaster's Titan II? I'd like to compare some of my mechs to it. Chunkblaster, If you yourself are reading this, do you still work with legos anymore?

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
graybandit
Initiate
Initiate
graybandit

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty4/7/2015, 6:40 pm

*pokes with a stick* IT LIVES
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty8/24/2015, 11:37 pm

Hola people! I caught Jak posting stuff on MOCpages and decided to give this place a check. Looks like it still exists after all! Very Happy

So I'm still alive. Gonna be starting college in a month though, and I'll be pretty busy up to and presumably during college, so I might not be able to stick around much.

But maybe I can still get some stuff done and post some things on MOCpages for everyone. (Though admittedly I'm not a huge fan of how long MOCpages takes- or at least used to take- to post things)

I unfortunately haven't built many Mechs since last appearing. As far as completed Mechs go I've only got one, a small hardsuit based off Chunk's old Rhino hardsuit, though I've got another pair of mostly-completed Taurus variants if that counts for anything (I mainly did them just to try some new camo designs). Then I've got like 2-3 WIPs in the works.

DOV-II Grizzly Hardsuit:
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
.lxf file: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Grizzly's my next attempt at a hardsuit. Still based somewhat on a Chunk model (particularly the legs, and the guns/arms were inspired by the Pterosaur) because I'm still too lazy/incompetent to make original stuff. Razz Also inspired slightly by this, especially the retractable arms: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Raptor Light Mech (WIP):
-Size comparison with Jester Mk.III and AC-57 Foa: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Finally an original Mech! Razz ...No, not quite. This one's a veeery old idea I've had: for a super-light, very short Light Mech based off this obscure walker from Star Wars: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Construction-wise it actually is pretty original, with the exceptions of the lower legs (based off Chunk's Jesters) and the upper legs (styled from Brian Kescenovitz's Mechs).
It's also one of the shortest Mechs I've ever built. That's as tall as it's supposed to get in those pictures, and it's already shorter than even my older Foa. But we'll see how things play out. The cockpit has me kinda daunted at the moment, so it might get revised a bit (and taller) before it's finished.

Growler Droid Walker (WIP):

This one's not really a Mech per se, so much as a big automated robot/droid/drone combat walker, but I thought I'd include it anyway since there's basically nothing else for me to show off right now.
All I've got is a leg and a big set of missiles I had fun piecing together. Probably anti-ship "all-purpose" LRTMs or something, in case it happens to bump into an MBS or a heavily-fortified city or something.
The leg design turned out nicely, though the articulation is a bit odd, and due to its design I have the strange complication of needing it to attach them at 45-degree angles to the body or else suffer from a constricted range of motion. We'll see how that goes.
I'm also parting from my CBMC-Classic-style construction (coughplagiarismcoughcough) and instead trying out a Maschinen Krieger look. I've never tried anything like that, so chances are it won't look anything like a Ma.K build, but maybe it'll turn out.

Anyway, uhh... yeah. Razz How's everyone else doing?
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty8/31/2015, 5:11 pm

sooo... a few weeks ago is spent around $300 on a model and detailing equipment, well actually two. I bought a PG Strike Gundam and Skygrasper + Aile Striker. so yah... *pop, long exhale, slight whistle, pittle, pittle, pittle*  (some shameless personal update)
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty9/2/2015, 2:13 pm

I've unfortunately sort of given up on The Elite Mechaniers. My motivation to build mechs comes from everyone else's activity, and no one else has been active. Other than that, Life is good.
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty9/4/2015, 5:55 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
I've unfortunately sort of given up on The Elite Mechaniers. My motivation to build mechs comes from everyone else's activity, and no one else has been active. Other than that, Life is good.
'

how's this for inspiring?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty9/12/2015, 5:59 pm

My order of parts for an approximate 1/30 scale technic/Bionicle Gundam have arrived. Time to make a show, lads.
Back to top Go down
Brickbrycebrick
Technician
Technician
Brickbrycebrick

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty3/13/2016, 5:48 am

How you guys doing? If anyone wants to play a game or two of league my name is "teh engineer" (teh not "the" >.>).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Conversation #1
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next