The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby Chunkblaster 5/9/2024, 12:06 am

» General WIPs
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General WIPs - Page 3 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General WIPs - Page 3 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 3 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General WIPs - Page 3 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 3 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General WIPs

Go down 
+10
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Sylphion
Forte
JakTheMad
Eroomdivad
BiO
RichTheWolf257
LTE the Mechanier
Ariklego
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

General WIPs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty10/24/2012, 11:39 am

Sylphion wrote:
Gentlemen. I present to you, my almost complete MOC

Do give critique and suggestions, as well as some techno-babble for me to include on the MOC's page when I get around posting it
O_O sick. Pretty awesome! I like both the heads you got there, though the one on the ground appeals to me more. I would just say one thing: the shoulders are quite large. IDK if that would be a problem, but it looks a little weird to me. otherwise you got yourself a 5/5!
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty10/24/2012, 12:29 pm

Sylphion wrote:
Gentlemen. I present to you, my almost complete MOC

Do give critique and suggestions, as well as some techno-babble for me to include on the MOC's page when I get around posting it

Seems like you're also getting into the Gundam business now? At first look, I tought it's a Byarlant Custom in gundam colors. (for those who don't know what I'm talking about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

In general I like odd shaped mecha, so I like this one as well. I also like the second head better(no, not because it's influenced by my head design ^^), it seems to flow better with the build. The legs look quite good. I'm pretty glad that someone uses my ideas and tries to evolve it further! Nice job, can't wait to see the completed machine!
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty10/24/2012, 4:05 pm

Slyphion, that looks epic. I agree with Thomas about the second head. I really like the little cockpit thing that you've got going on the chest. Can't wait for the full MOC. ^_^
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty10/24/2012, 4:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
With my MOCaversary coming up, I decided to do a special build... outside of my comfort zone. Hence, this. It fits a minifig!
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty10/26/2012, 5:47 am

Progress made so far is minimal, but I have redesigned the head a tad bit:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/7/2012, 3:28 pm

This is called the IE-Formula 1 Gor-RE.
this is my interpretation of Iron Man. I actually had an idea to make a whole universe called the Iron Mechaverse. More on that later. for now, enjoy the MK II Armor! (if it's really an armor)
And the MK I. I was going for that scap metal look. See if you can find the little differences in it. It sure isn't symmetrical I tell you!
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/7/2012, 8:15 pm

Well, Here's a preview of my current project, Dragonstar Tecnologies' first indigenous Mini-Mech, Unmanned Mecha/Humanoid, Type-One! (UM/H-1 for short)

At the momentm I'm stuck. I can't seem to figure out an effective lower leg design. With the UM/H-1, my primary goal is to mimic human flexibility. Thus the odd shoulders. I can't, however, seem to fihure out a good design for the lower legs and feet.

Any suggestions are not only apreciated, but encouraged.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/7/2012, 8:39 pm

If you're looking to mimic human flexibility, I think the shoulders are the weakest part at the moment, unless you've got some ingenious sideways rotation mechanism somewhere in there. Switching the elbow joint clasps from top to bottom might help as well. If I spot a secondary torso joint above the lower torso region, kudos to you; that's a nice design feature. Switching the knees to have the clasps on the ankle might not hurt you either, as when you think about it, we rotate our legs right above our knees, not right below them.

If you get stuck with designs for areas, just stand up and move around, and try to observe what limitations your body has in the area you're trying to design. I've done that a few times in my own designing, and once in writing this message. Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/7/2012, 9:05 pm

BiO wrote:
If you're looking to mimic human flexibility, I think the shoulders are the weakest part at the moment, unless you've got some ingenious sideways rotation mechanism somewhere in there. Switching the elbow joint clasps from top to bottom might help as well. If I spot a secondary torso joint above the lower torso region, kudos to you; that's a nice design feature. Switching the knees to have the clasps on the ankle might not hurt you either, as when you think about it, we rotate our legs right above our knees, not right below them.

If you get stuck with designs for areas, just stand up and move around, and try to observe what limitations your body has in the area you're trying to design. I've done that a few times in my own designing, and once in writing this message. Razz
Thaks for the feedback!
As for those shoulders, I actually spent a lot of time on those, moving my arm around with my other hand on my shoulder. I'll demontrate what I figured out when I post the complete model on MOCPages. I'll admit, it is a little more complicated to work with than more traditional designs, but you will soon see that it offers superior posability to previous designs.
I don't think even an MBS has the capability to stick its arm straight out to the side.

Again, Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/7/2012, 9:50 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Thaks for the feedback!
As for those shoulders, I actually spent a lot of time on those, moving my arm around with my other hand on my shoulder. I'll demontrate what I figured out when I post the complete model on MOCPages. I'll admit, it is a little more complicated to work with than more traditional designs, but you will soon see that it offers superior posability to previous designs.
I don't think even an MBS has the capability to stick its arm straight out to the side.

Again, Thanks.

Just giving a little advice, try something similiar to my Viper (you might remember it from the contest)

It's probably my smallest and most flexible designs so it might help to build a better arm. Tough you might have to cut down on the actual shoulder armor's design. Or, try my new double T-joint design if you're going for a bigger scale, both frames are on MOCpages.

Btw, I'm totally finished with my latest MOC with the new frame, but I'm kinda hung up on the presentation...having too many ideas, but can't find the time to do them all.
So, hopefully I'll post it sometime tomorrow....until then, a little teaser of a "now completed but still on the wait list" MOC(this is the v2.0, v3.0 is the real deal).

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/7/2012, 9:55 pm

Thomas_Z wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Thaks for the feedback!

Again, Thanks.

Just giving a little advice, try something similiar to my Viper (you might remember it from the contest)

It's probably my smallest and most flexible designs so it might help to build a better arm. Tough you might have to cut down on the actual shoulder armor's design. Or, try my new double T-joint design if you're going for a bigger scale, both frames are on MOCpages.

Btw, I'm totally finished with my latest MOC with the new frame, but I'm kinda hung up on the presentation...having too many ideas, but can't find the time to do them all.
So, hopefully I'll post it sometime tomorrow....until then, a little teaser of a "now completed but still on the wait list" MOC(this is the v2.0, v3.0 is the real deal).

[img][/img]
I'll check it out! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/8/2012, 10:29 am

Thomas_Z wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Thaks for the feedback!

Again, Thanks.

[img][/img]
DROOL Very Happy Looks good! Pink and purple are a nice combo!
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/8/2012, 11:52 pm

After several weeks of trial and error, and six packs of bubble gum *40 pieces per pack*... It helps me think. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am unveiling this 'three way wrist joint' prototype. I have searched the internet for *collectively* days, and have yet to discover anybody who has accomplished what I have at this scale, Keep in mind this is in LDD. To my knowledge this is an MOC first. I will be adapting to my first major completed submission to MOCpages. enjoy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/9/2012, 12:07 am

*Ladies and gentlemen, take good note. Everything about ^that^ post is the right way to introduce yourself to a forum. From the proper grammar to the epic avatar, this guy has it right.* Smile

The design looks nice from the pictures you've shown. I don't recognize you as anyone from MOCpages; are you new or am I just not putting two and two together? Wonder

(I share in your need for gum. I've gone through a few packs myself in the month since my birthday. Razz )
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/9/2012, 12:46 pm

Quantum Industries wrote:
After several weeks of trial and error, and six packs of bubble gum *40 pieces per pack*... It helps me think. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am unveiling this 'three way wrist joint' prototype. I have searched the internet for *collectively* days, and have yet to discover anybody who has accomplished what I have at this scale, Keep in mind this is in LDD. To my knowledge this is an MOC first. I will be adapting to my first major completed submission to MOCpages. enjoy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nice. I wish I built more with bigger mecha, otherwise i would TOTALLY steal your design. Welcome to the forum! Keep on building!
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/16/2012, 10:17 pm

Say Allo... To my Leetle Frand...

The upcomming addition to the Kilestian Space Navy, The Longsword-class Gunship Frigate!
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/21/2012, 8:43 pm

Ladies and gentelmen, I have now completed construction on my latest starsgip in the Kilestian Space Navy: The Capricorn-class Battlecruiser!

Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/22/2012, 4:21 am

Holy smoke.

I'm a bit more scared now...

I really should start making me a ship...
Back to top Go down
graybandit
Initiate
Initiate
graybandit

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/22/2012, 9:04 am

Hey all,

First post, just a preview of something I'm working on. It's my take on a Gundam Virtue Physical, the precursor to the GN Virtue.

Fun to see what you all are working on as well.

- Ryan

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/22/2012, 2:04 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
Holy smoke.

I'm a bit more scared now...

I really should start making me a ship...
Yeah, I bassically weaponized the living SNOT out of this thing.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/23/2012, 8:09 pm

graybandit wrote:
Hey all,

First post, just a preview of something I'm working on. It's my take on a Gundam Virtue Physical, the precursor to the GN Virtue.

- Ryan

No idea about the source material.
But it looks EPIC. Like a western-eastern cross.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/25/2012, 5:24 pm

graybandit wrote:
Hey all,

- Ryan

this is beautiful. Seriously, one of your best. Flickr included.
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/25/2012, 7:41 pm

graybandit wrote:
Hey all,

- Ryan

Ho ho...looking good there! Hope you won't forget the double Panzerfaust on the arms!
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/30/2012, 12:26 am

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
LDD!
And a more finished version:

Since you're obviously building this machine in a way that's strikingly similar to just about everything I've made for the last three years, I'd like you to send me a copy of the .LXF file so I can suggest some engineering trucks to get better articulation out of this thing.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty11/30/2012, 12:13 pm

Forte wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
LTE the Mechanier wrote:
LDD!
And a more finished version:

Since you're obviously building this machine in a way that's strikingly similar to just about everything I've made for the last three years, I'd like you to send me a copy of the .LXF file so I can suggest some engineering trucks to get better articulation out of this thing.
that's the prototype WIP. I'm pretty sure I completely trashed the design by now... I'll have to dig through my computer to find this guy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

General WIPs
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next