The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby Chunkblaster 5/9/2024, 12:06 am

» General WIPs
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General WIPs - Page 14 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General WIPs - Page 14 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 14 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 14 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General WIPs - Page 14 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 14 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 14 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General WIPs

Go down 
+10
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Sylphion
Forte
JakTheMad
Eroomdivad
BiO
RichTheWolf257
LTE the Mechanier
Ariklego
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

General WIPs - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty5/18/2014, 1:23 am

TF Twitch wrote:
Klushots wrote:
Looks good, Twitch. The one thing I would say sticks out to me that could be improved is the lack of detail on the arms when compared to the rest of it. If they'll fit, SNOT bricks will be your best friend there.

Is there any particular part of the arm or just the whole assembly?
Well, most of it anyway. The parts that are all black and really flat stand out to me (upper arm and top of forearm). But if some of those flat parts can be replaced with 1-stud SNOT bricks, it should be easy enough to remedy.
Back to top Go down
http://mocpages.com/home.php/84125
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty5/18/2014, 2:57 am

Quantum Industries wrote:
Wow, fantastic TF, the execution of the troopers legs and feet is superb. I love the guns, and the head is perfectly generic for mass production Razz . I agree with Klushots that the arms (the upper arms and elbows specifically in my opinion) could be ascetically improved a bit.

Klushots wrote:
Well, most of it anyway. The parts that are all black and really flat stand out to me (upper arm and top of forearm). But if some of those flat parts can be replaced with 1-stud SNOT bricks, it should be easy enough to remedy.

I see what you are saying. I was trying to keep the form as original to Sylphion's work as possible in terms of shape since this is based on his work. I think that I will keep the lower arm shape since they are compatible with the ESIONE and Versailles equipment, but change the shoulders and possibly the upper arms.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty5/23/2014, 10:52 pm

I was going through my picture file and found this...  Neutral 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty5/24/2014, 12:19 am

Spoiler:

That giant weapon system looks very impressive! I had to zoom in on the picture to get a better look at it, and I like how it has the "buttstock" between the arm and the torso. For me, the area around the right hand looks a tad confusing as far as how it all works together, but I am sure a closeup picture from a different angle would clear that up.
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty5/24/2014, 11:50 pm

TF Twitch wrote:

Spoiler:

That giant weapon system looks very impressive!  I had to zoom in on the picture to get a better look at it, and I like how it has the "buttstock" between the arm and the torso.  For me, the area around the right hand looks a tad confusing as far as how it all works together, but I am sure a closeup picture from a different angle would clear that up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here is one of the rail-gun by it self

does that help? Smile 
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty5/25/2014, 12:15 am

does that help? Smile 

Yes, yes it does.  I will say that I have not seen a handle like that before with that type of weapon system.  I have seen in anime/manga and LEGO that style of weapon, but the handle is unique.  Good stuff!

Edit: I do have a suggestion for the right hand.  Perhaps flipping the handle over so that the railgun handle is held palm down would give it a more natural feel and grip.  Since I have personally handled many different weapon systems, a palm up grip is primarily used only for a charging handle, like the Browning M2 or the Mk-19 grenade launcher.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty5/25/2014, 8:54 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
does that help? Smile 

Yes, yes it does.  I will say that I have not seen a handle like that before with that type of weapon system.  I have seen in anime/manga and LEGO that style of weapon, but the handle is unique.  Good stuff!

Edit: I do have a suggestion for the right hand.  Perhaps flipping the handle over so that the railgun handle is held palm down would give it a more natural feel and grip.  Since I have personally handled many different weapon systems, a palm up grip is primarily used only for a charging handle, like the Browning M2 or the Mk-19 grenade launcher.

You could also always go weed-whacker style, too. Having the grip and trigger run along the top of the weapon towards the rear (so you'd hold it with you fist facing downward) with a perpendicular handle for stabilization near the middle. See also: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I'm sure that's another thing I'll need to do at some point. Probably on my Heavy Assault unit that I haven't even started yet.
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty5/25/2014, 9:33 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
I do have a suggestion for the right hand.  Perhaps flipping the handle over so that the railgun handle is held palm down would give it a more natural feel and grip.  Since I have personally handled many different weapon systems, a palm up grip is primarily used only for a charging handle, like the Browning M2 or the Mk-19 grenade launcher.

I'll try it out and see what it looks like.
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty5/25/2014, 11:37 pm

Klushots wrote:
I'm sure that's another thing I'll need to do at some point. Probably on my Heavy Assault unit that I haven't even started yet.

Well, fire up that noodle of yours and get crack'n! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty5/26/2014, 2:35 pm

Klushots wrote:
I'm sure that's another thing I'll need to do at some point. Probably on my Heavy Assault unit that I haven't even started yet.

Well, fire up that noodle of yours and get crack'n! Laughing

Well that's still in the queue behind posting the Medium Assault I already put up here, behind the incomplete Medium Technician I haven't worked on in months, and next to the Light Assault and Light Recon I also haven't started on. Trying to make something of a six-mech band out of them with the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/21/2014, 8:02 pm

Greetings all!  I break up this long silence of no activity with a Work In Progress!  Which is also commonly known as a "WIP" and is not to be confused with a "WHIP".  For clarification, the "WIP" is something that is not yet complete, and the "WHIP" is what my wife uses on me to enforce her rule.  Anyways, onto the WIP!

Be forewarned, this may be a long post, so please bear with me.  You have been warned.

This is Sylphion's ESIONE Malheur, the fifth mecha of the ESIONE line.  While discussing some ideas and "copyright privileges" (or whatever) concerning the Blacktron Meteors that I have been designing, Sylphion showed me the newest ESIONE and asked for my assistance in making it transform.  After some discussions and stuff I accepted and began my work.

Here is the original, used for reference and comparison:

Inspiration material:
More on the inspiration material can be found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here it is in flight mode, after I have worked on it:

My concerns with the design lay mainly with the waist and that I do not think that it will not be stable enough in flight mode nor in humanoid mode.  I have more pictures of it over on flickr, found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Any suggestions, especially about the waist area, are greatly appreciated and welcomed.  My other concern is that there is currently nothing to hide the head.  In flight mode it just sits there and does not blend in well.  Having it fold it into the torso is not possible with the current torso design.  I also had to remove the boosters that were on the back of the upper legs since they interfered with the leg's flexibility and bending, especially with transforming into flight mode.  I thought about putting those boosters onto the outside of the upper legs, but it might interfere with the arms in flight mode.  Any of Sylphion's input on these matters would also be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/22/2014, 2:48 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
Greetings all!  I break up this long silence of no activity with a Work In Progress!  Which is also commonly known as a "WIP" and is not to be confused with a "WHIP".  For clarification, the "WIP" is something that is not yet complete, and the "WHIP" is what my wife uses on me to enforce her rule.  Anyways, onto the WIP!

I have to say, this looks very good so far, but I think it's pretty much impossible to make it transform to the desired form with the current body, as you already pointed it out. The only way would be to make a new chest design from scratch, and a smaller head(the bigger the head, the more space it needs to be hidden, and that only complicates things).

One of the reasons why I haven't built any of the transforming mobile suits is exactly because the transforming mechanism is very hard to reproduce or even mimic. Another problem is the limit on what LDD can do with bricks...

Perhaps you could try to use ball joints in the middle to move the waist to the back.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/23/2014, 12:36 am

Thomas_Z wrote:
I have to say, this looks very good so far, but I think it's pretty much impossible to make it transform to the desired form with the current body, as you already pointed it out. The only way would be to make a new chest design from scratch, and a smaller head(the bigger the head, the more space it needs to be hidden, and that only complicates things).

One of the reasons why I haven't built any of the transforming mobile suits is exactly because the transforming mechanism is very hard to reproduce or even mimic. Another problem is the limit on what LDD can do with bricks...

Perhaps you could try to use ball joints in the middle to move the waist to the back.

The shape is there, I am just concerned if the waist is sturdy enough in both humanoid and flight modes.  The idea of using ball joints is good, so I will see if I can fit those in instead.  I also have no clue what to do about the head.  Aside from those two topics, I like how this has come out so far.  Of course, all I am doing is modifying what Sylphion has already done, so most of the aesthetic part has been completed already.
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/23/2014, 1:21 pm

TF Twitch wrote:

The shape is there, I am just concerned if the waist is sturdy enough in both humanoid and flight modes.  The idea of using ball joints is good, so I will see if I can fit those in instead.  I also have no clue what to do about the head.  Aside from those two topics, I like how this has come out so far.  Of course, all I am doing is modifying what Sylphion has already done, so most of the aesthetic part has been completed already.

It's pretty simple to hide the head if you're okay with turning the whole model on it's face in transformed mode. Then just slap on the back a "jet nose" looking thing (e.g. Airmaster Gundam, see for reference) that an hide the head and fold backwards, and turn the wings upwards. Of course, that would kill the AC-ish transformation, but..."beggars can't be choosers" I guess...
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/27/2014, 4:36 pm

A little preview for you guys of what I've been working on lately and also my very own "return with a bang". (Note: they're nearly finished, but the pictures show some early stages)

Behold! The "reboot" or "re-mastering" of my older Gundams that make up the 5 unit "Exorcits" special squad. (Note: Icarus is my old Valor's Edge Gundam re-imagined and re-designed)

Also, this is the first time I've attempted to build a ship just for the use as background for my future scenes, but it turned out quite nicely.

Behold! The Reinforce Jr. (Note: this one is from Victory Gundam).

I'll post these sometime on MOCpages once I'm finished with the presentation and the building process, so stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/27/2014, 7:16 pm

Thomas_Z wrote:
A little preview for you guys of what I've been working on lately and also my very own "return with a bang". (Note: they're nearly finished, but the pictures show some early stages)

Wow, the work on everything is phenomenal.  I look forward to the "reboot", especially since Blademaster is my favorite out of those five.
On a side-yet-related note, why can everyone else figure out this POVray thing yet I cannot?
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/28/2014, 10:38 am

TF Twitch wrote:
Wow, the work on everything is phenomenal.  I look forward to the "reboot", especially since Blademaster is my favorite out of those five.
On a side-yet-related note, why can everyone else figure out this POVray thing yet I cannot?

Thanks, I'M still tweaking the Blademaster, trying to make it a bit more unique. Since it's a melee machine it won't use guns, but I'm making several different melee weapons just for this unit. Also, using POV-ray isn't all that hard, actually, you do everything with the POV-Ray to LDD converter (I'm still experimenting with the settings to find the fastest rendering setting). Here's a link on MOCpages [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This tutorial got me started, it might help you too.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/29/2014, 10:03 pm

Thomas_Z wrote:
Thanks, I'M still tweaking the Blademaster, trying to make it a bit more unique. Since it's a melee machine it won't use guns, but I'm making several different melee weapons just for this unit.

I went back and looked over your work again just to see what or if there were any improvements that COULD be made.  My only suggestion is to make the five Gundams a tad more specialized within their respective fields.  For example, making the stealth unit more stealth-oriented and with less "all-around" and multipurpose features.

As for Sylphion's Malheur, I created a transforming mechanism that I like.  I used the new Mixel Joints and I hope that they do the job.  I included some pictures below, but more are available over on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/30/2014, 12:49 am

Man, I'm digging this new AF, TF.

Thomas I can't wait to see more from that noodle of yours.

related side note

Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/30/2014, 12:24 pm

Man, I'm digging this new AF, TF.

Thomas I can't wait to see more from that noodle of yours.

related side note

Looks great so far! I like the color scheme too, but the wings are just perfect.

TF Twitch wrote:
I went back and looked over your work again just to see what or if there were any improvements that COULD be made.  My only suggestion is to make the five Gundams a tad more specialized within their respective fields.  For example, making the stealth unit more stealth-oriented and with less "all-around" and multipurpose features.

As for Sylphion's Malheur, I created a transforming mechanism that I like.  I used the new Mixel Joints and I hope that they do the job.  I included some pictures below, but more are available over on flickr.

Don't worry, the roles are pretty much the same as the originals had, however every unit has at least two roles due to the pilots personalities. Like the Malice is a Saboteur/Infiltrator or the Werewolf is between a sniper and a melee berserker(he's still the fastest on the ground but his fly capabilities are limited). I don't really want them to have just one specific role, they are a special team with prototype/customized units, so they do their thing a bit differently from the regular forces.

I like the mixel joint idea for your model, but I wonder how stable it would be in real legos.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty6/30/2014, 12:43 pm

Thomas_Z wrote:
Don't worry, the roles are pretty much the same as the originals had, however every unit has at least two roles due to the pilots personalities. Like the Malice is a Saboteur/Infiltrator or the Werewolf is between a sniper and a melee berserker(he's still the fastest on the ground but his fly capabilities are limited). I don't really want them to have just one specific role, they are a special team with prototype/customized units, so they do their thing a bit differently from the regular forces.

I like the mixel joint idea for your model, but I wonder how stable it would be in real legos.

Okay, I see what you mean and the direction that you are taking it in.  It makes sense.  I emailed Chris Roach the Malheur's LDD file (what is completed of it, anyways) so he could look at the transformation mechanism.  I personally like how compact and easy to work with it is, but I am requested his opinion on it since he works with Mixel joints and transforming things a lot.

Here is an update to the Blacktron Meteor Trooper.  I changed the shoulders and tucked them closer to the torso.  The bazooka is from Mithryl's work.  I redesigned the head since it was TOO plain for my taste.  In case I did not mention it earlier, the shoulders, legs, and SMG (shown previously) are largely based on Thomas Z's work.  Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty7/23/2014, 3:17 am

Thanks to Thomas Z, I am able post this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Awesomeface 

Also,

another work in progress...

Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty7/23/2014, 5:30 pm

Looks great! is that a M.E.T.E.O.R. unit in the making behind it?

BTW peeps: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's on MOCpages!
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty7/23/2014, 5:37 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty7/23/2014, 6:10 pm

Holy Ceti Alpha V!!

I am truly impressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

General WIPs
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next