The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby Chunkblaster 5/9/2024, 12:06 am

» General WIPs
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General WIPs - Page 6 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General WIPs - Page 6 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 6 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General WIPs - Page 6 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 6 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General WIPs

Go down 
+10
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Sylphion
Forte
JakTheMad
Eroomdivad
BiO
RichTheWolf257
LTE the Mechanier
Ariklego
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

General WIPs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/12/2013, 1:06 am

TF Twitch wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
I don't suppose we could have a link? I'm too lazy to search for it in your MOCs. Looks pretty sweet in the image though.

After I have joined this forum for seven days, then I can post a link. Silly rule....
Well, it does discourage spam... Of course, I doubt this forum is well-known enough to be very vulnerable to that. But anywho, you should be good to post it some time tomorrow if I'm reading that join date correctly (*mutter* dang backwards dates *grumble* *mumble* *grump*).
Back to top Go down
http://mocpages.com/home.php/84125
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/12/2013, 1:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
That is my newest Mobile Suit, the WMS-003X Sylphion. Yay, I am able to post links now! I was not earlier. Weird...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/12/2013, 9:27 am

Since I have created Mobile Suits for the East Asian League (Chinese influenced) and the Western Hemisphere Alliance (American influenced), I have no clue what I am going to do for the Eurasia Federation (Russian influenced). You can read more about the different factions here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here are the Mobile Suits that I have made so far:

From left to right (now with clicky links!):

I have an idea for a Space-type, which will most likely go to the EAL. I was thinking of something similar to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] except that the two giant thruster "legs" would be replaced by a three- or four-sided "skirt" that had lots of smaller vernier thrusters. Another Space-type idea is to have a humanoid-shaped Mobile Suit that has a detachable skirt that covers the legs for space combat. A possible EF Ground-type is a heavy artillery quadruped Mobile Suit (because Russians are crazy like that). Any ideas and/or suggestions are helpful! Of course, I may go ahead and start on these ideas and see what turns up.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/12/2013, 12:23 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
Since I have created Mobile Suits for the East Asian League (Chinese influenced) and the Western Hemisphere Alliance (American influenced), I have no clue what I am going to do for the Eurasia Federation (Russian influenced). You can read more about the different factions here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here are the Mobile Suits that I have made so far:

From left to right (now with clicky links!):

I have an idea for a Space-type, which will most likely go to the EAL. I was thinking of something similar to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] except that the two giant thruster "legs" would be replaced by a three- or four-sided "skirt" that had lots of smaller vernier thrusters. Another Space-type idea is to have a humanoid-shaped Mobile Suit that has a detachable skirt that covers the legs for space combat. A possible EF Ground-type is a heavy artillery quadruped Mobile Suit (because Russians are crazy like that). Any ideas and/or suggestions are helpful! Of course, I may go ahead and start on these ideas and see what turns up.
Just so you know, double-posting is usually frowned on here unless 24 hours have passed between posts. Otherwise, just go ahead and edit the previous post if you have something to add before that time.

Anyway, as far as a Russian mech goes, I'm not sure what you could do with the mech itself, but if you want you could try to make its weaponry sort of Mikhail Kalashnikov-inspired. Of course, that may be unnecessarily complicated, but I still think that seeing something as futuristic as a mech carrying something that looks like a giant AK would immediately identify it as Russian.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/12/2013, 12:34 pm

Klushots wrote:

Just so you know, double-posting is usually frowned on here unless 24 hours have passed between posts. Otherwise, just go ahead and edit the previous post if you have something to add before that time.

Anyway, as far as a Russian mech goes, I'm not sure what you could do with the mech itself, but if you want you could try to make its weaponry sort of Mikhail Kalashnikov-inspired. Of course, that may be unnecessarily complicated, but I still think that seeing something as futuristic as a mech carrying something that looks like a giant AK would immediately identify it as Russian.

My apologies, it was not meant as a double post. I realize now that I did not make my intent clear. I posted the different Mobile Suits so that others could see their style and tell how they are influenced. Once again, I apologize for not making that clear with how that tied in to the rest of the post. My bad! In my defense, I am deployed and currently in the "hurry up and wait" phase of heading back with nothing better to do but browse here, MOCpages, and mess around on LDD. Ugh! But I do like the idea of a futuristic AK-style weapon. I will definitely incorporate that since that concept is just awesome.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/12/2013, 12:36 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
Klushots wrote:

My apologies, it was not meant as a double post. I realize now that I did not make my intent clear. I posted the different Mobile Suits so that others could see their style and tell how they are influenced. Once again, I apologize for not making that clear with how that tied in to the rest of the post. My bad! In my defense, I am deployed and currently in the "hurry up and wait" phase of heading back with nothing better to do but browse here, MOCpages, and mess around on LDD. Ugh! But I do like the idea of a futuristic AK-style weapon. I will definitely incorporate that since that concept is just awesome.
thanks for serving! and if you're not US, then that's cool too!
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/12/2013, 12:45 pm

LTE the Mechanier wrote:

thanks for serving! and if you're not US, then that's cool too!

Yeppers, I am 'Mercin! I like beer and guns! I am in the Army, finishing up deployment number three. My military experience does explain why my mechas have a lot of military influence and also why I go for function instead of looks. And thank you for the thank you!
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/16/2013, 11:54 am

I have a question for everyone, and I guess that this is the best spot for it. I have noticed that all of my Mobile Suits are based off someone else's design or draw inspiration from another source, even if it is just the slightest bit (namely the basic frame). I do believe that my Mobile Core concept is an original idea, but it never got much feedback (sigh). Granted, I always give credit over on MOCpages, but I am having trouble figuring out my own "style" or coming up with original ideas/techniques. I thought that having the different backpack and weapons for different configurations and roles was original, then I remembered that it is not. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stand out and be completely original with mechas?
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/16/2013, 12:49 pm

Well, you could try what I did. I started off customizing a frame made by someone else (Sylphion, specifically) and then after a bit of tweaking with that frame I started making my own based on some of the stuff I had seen around.

So basically, my advice is this: start off building on pre-made frames (which you've already done), then start editing the frames themselves (which you've also already done), and then start making your own frames only looking at other designs for inspiration if you need to.

Also, don't worry about how long it takes and don't try to do too much in one sitting. Sometimes you need to be away from the design for a while before you can get some really awesome ideas.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/16/2013, 6:47 pm

Well to be honest Twitch I don't reckon any mech is truly original. There's just so much content that almost everything has been done before. All work draws on that of others, it's one of the beautiful things about the internet, but if you want to stand out I'd recommend building from a couple of themes based off other peoples frames (say, a Gundam, one of those exo-force-inspired mechs that RabidGoldFish made (I forgot the name, sorry), and a CBMC Classic (Modular western mech, mostly built by Chunkblaster but BiO, me and some others have made some)) and then try and build a mech that combine's your favourite parts of each theme. It might turn out too mixed or it might turn out awesome, I dunno, but hey at least it'll be mostly original (just so long as no one's mixed the themes you choose before).
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/17/2013, 12:11 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
Well to be honest Twitch I don't reckon any mech is truly original. There's just so much content that almost everything has been done before. All work draws on that of others, it's one of the beautiful things about the internet, but if you want to stand out I'd recommend building from a couple of themes based off other peoples frames (say, a Gundam, one of those exo-force-inspired mechs that RabidGoldFish made (I forgot the name, sorry), and a CBMC Classic (Modular western mech, mostly built by Chunkblaster but BiO, me and some others have made some)) and then try and build a mech that combine's your favourite parts of each theme. It might turn out too mixed or it might turn out awesome, I dunno, but hey at least it'll be mostly original (just so long as no one's mixed the themes you choose before).

Almost everything. When working on the Thunderstryke I looked all over the internet for inspiration, and found "not mech one" even vaguely resembling the look I was going for. With a little bit of work, I could have something truly unique up my sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/17/2013, 12:46 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:

Almost everything. When working on the Thunderstryke I looked all over the internet for inspiration, and found "not mech one" even vaguely resembling the look I was going for. With a little bit of work, I could have something truly unique up my sleeve.
Not to burst your bubble but what joint system and joint layout does it use? Probably been done before. What theme is it and what guns does it use? Same. Everything draws inspiration from other things, well mostly. But who knows you could come out with incredibly never-before-seen.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/17/2013, 1:06 am

Eroomdivad wrote:

Not to burst your bubble but what joint system and joint layout does it use? Probably been done before. What theme is it and what guns does it use? Same. Everything draws inspiration from other things, well mostly. But who knows you could come out with incredibly never-before-seen.
It's like my Humanities professor's favorite saying: "there's nothing new under the sun." But with regard to joint techniques, I don't think there are really that many versatile options that could be used. Especially if you're working in a smaller scale. T-Pieces are a staple of pretty much any small, articulated mech I've seen.

In other news, the 'Pages are borked right now. Prolly dem storms in NY.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/17/2013, 1:42 am

Klushots wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:

It's like my Humanities professor's favorite saying: "there's nothing new under the sun." But with regard to joint techniques, I don't think there are really that many versatile options that could be used. Especially if you're working in a smaller scale. T-Pieces are a staple of pretty much any small, articulated mech I've seen.

That was my point, there's only so many ways to built a knee. Anyway, what I meant to be saying (but kinda forgot to :iderped: ) is not to get down about your creation not being 100% original. That's just how creativity works.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/17/2013, 12:50 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
Klushots wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:

That was my point, there's only so many ways to built a knee. Anyway, what I meant to be saying (but kinda forgot to :iderped: ) is not to get down about your creation not being 100% original. That's just how creativity works.
I officially re-declare this to be the officially official :iderped: smiley: Wizard
Incidentally, I had to write my SAT essay on whether or not imitation is necessary before originality just a few weeks ago. The SAT essay portion is a joke and also pointless.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/17/2013, 6:21 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
I have a question for everyone, and I guess that this is the best spot for it. I have noticed that all of my Mobile Suits are based off someone else's design or draw inspiration from another source, even if it is just the slightest bit (namely the basic frame). I do believe that my Mobile Core concept is an original idea, but it never got much feedback (sigh). Granted, I always give credit over on MOCpages, but I am having trouble figuring out my own "style" or coming up with original ideas/techniques. I thought that having the different backpack and weapons for different configurations and roles was original, then I remembered that it is not. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stand out and be completely original with mechas?
I've found that you have to build yourself up slowly (no pun intended). start by mimicking other builders, drawing heavily from their style. next, build chimeras, combinations of different styles. hopefully by then you will have developed your own unique style. that's how I got to where I'm at today.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/20/2013, 12:14 pm

And this:
thoughts?
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty2/20/2013, 3:50 pm

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
And this:
thoughts?

Ooh, pretty... I commented on them over on MOCpages! I think that they are great designs, and like I said on MOCpages I could see these done in a larger scale with even more details!
Oh, and for Klushots, since he helped with the AK-type weapon idea, which is up on MOCpages ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]):
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: A preview before viewing of the masses   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty3/1/2013, 3:36 am

Hello everyone I’m back with some news. I have finally finished the Type-Zero! After months of development and a sore butt, I present to you my fellow Mechaniers, in my opinion a true work of art...

Bippity Boppity Bacon Wizard

I even managed to fit a minifig in the chest, the cockpit is complex yet roomy.
I have to say I am damn proud of this mech. Cool

I’m just showing the major points, so you’ll have to wait until it’s full unveiling on MOCpages
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty3/1/2013, 6:55 am

Oh wow that cockpit is awesome.

Can't wait to see the full build.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty3/1/2013, 9:51 am

Wow, that looks pretty awesome! The cockpit design looks superb as well. Not to take away from the awesomeness of the build, but the legs do look a tad skinny when compared to everything else. Of course that may just be an illusion from the pictures. Do you have a link to your page on MOCpages? Unless you have posted a link to it already and I just did not find it.
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty3/1/2013, 11:52 am

Quantum Industries wrote:
[size=12]Hello everyone I’m back with some news. I have finally finished the Type-Zero!
I’m just showing the major points, so you’ll have to wait until it’s full unveiling on MOCpages
Very, very nice! can not WAIT for the Mocpages post!
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty3/1/2013, 5:28 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
Wow, that looks pretty awesome! The cockpit design looks superb as well. Not to take away from the awesomeness of the build, but the legs do look a tad skinny when compared to everything else. Of course that may just be an illusion from the pictures. Do you have a link to your page on MOCpages? Unless you have posted a link to it already and I just did not find it.
I haven't posted it yet.
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty3/2/2013, 12:40 am

Quantum Industries wrote:
Snip

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty3/4/2013, 7:13 pm

Been working off and on. Not much to show off. Been in a creative rut lately and I've only gotten worse in the last few months. :<

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

General WIPs
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next