The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby Chunkblaster 5/9/2024, 12:06 am

» General WIPs
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Vote_lcapRoleplay Setup - Page 4 Voting_barRoleplay Setup - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
BiO
Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Vote_lcapRoleplay Setup - Page 4 Voting_barRoleplay Setup - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
Chunkblaster
Sylphion
Ariklego

Roleplay Setup

Go down 
+2
RichTheWolf257
Ariklego
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/24/2012, 9:37 pm

*The two infantry squads as well as the Corsair Medium Mech closest to the pillbox bunker spot your units and move for them. The bunker is alerted and has gunners move to the repeating laser cannons (E-WEBs, in essence) in the bunker*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I added those yellow pieces to help make it easier to position things.

By the way, let's close a little more distance before we keep shooting. I know it gets a tiny bit tedious this way, but it keeps things at a realistic pace and also makes artillery and sniper units a bit less pointless.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/24/2012, 9:57 pm

Blue Team Move 2: All OL/D Units Advance to attack.

[[Is this close enough?]]
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/24/2012, 10:20 pm

Hey, feel free to be descriptive about your moves. Just don't go overboard with how much you do in them (i.e. my troops blow up your troops, capture the turbolaser tower, land troops, and capture your base. your turn Razz) and I'm fine with it.

*My two infantry squads concentrate fire on the first Crab squad (the one closest to the mountain), managing to take out two of the three in the squad. My Corsair fires on the Heavy Weapons squad, taking out two with its laser cannons and three with a pair of missiles*

EDIT: oops. forgot the picture.

Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/24/2012, 10:36 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
How about this: We both have eachothers markers on the map right? Well it might be simpler to post pictures here and move eachothers marker on our maps based on picture. If it'll make it easier, i'll post a Top-down version of the pic above.
I can get the map set up based off the first picture, but in the future it might be good to do that. not directly up, though, or it'll be difficult to tell what's what.
Ok. Its your turn by the way. But before you move, If I capture the tower, can I use it to destroy the AA-towers?
Well, heavy turbolaser towers typically don't have a far enough downward arc to fire on ground targets, but I'd say this one probably does. So, yeah, I'd say so. I'm doubt it'd be able to track and fire on ground troops and vehicles, though.

By the way, while we're going through our first test battle and working out the kinks of combat, do you think we should start getting everyone set in the Roleplay, with planets, colony ships, etc.? I know it sounds like I'm rushing a bit, but some of those things are rather time-consuming and it might be good to get started.

Anyway, I'll post my move in a moment.
I think we should wait to get started untill we have all the X's Y's and Z's figured out.
Okey-doke. Well, I'd better start working out those X's Y's and Z's...
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/24/2012, 10:43 pm

Heavy weapons squad destroyed. Grenadier 2 and 4th squad atack Corsair, Cosair collapses due to heavy dammage. Power-core rupture iminent. Grenadier 1 and 3rd squad attack 2nd red-team squad; complete anihilation. 1st and 2nd squads attack 1st red-team squad. 2 out of 3 mechs destroyed.
Your move.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/25/2012, 11:00 am

Quick note, standard infantry and heavy weapons squads (for this battle, anyway) are both six troops per squad. only Crab squads are three. So your heavy weapons squad is still alive.

*my second infantry squad falls back to the bunker, keeping fire on the same Crab squad and destroying the third Crab (thus eliminating the squad)*

EDIT: forgot the picture again.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/25/2012, 2:26 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Quick note, standard infantry and heavy weapons squads (for this battle, anyway) are both six troops per squad. only Crab squads are three. So your heavy weapons squad is still alive.

*my second infantry squad falls back to the bunker, keeping fire on the same Crab squad and destroying the third Crab (thus eliminating the squad)*

EDIT: forgot the picture again.
Can we tke a break and resume the battle tomorrow? I'm having a rough day toay...
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/25/2012, 2:46 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

Can we tke a break and resume the battle tomorrow? I'm having a rough day toay...

Sure, sounds fine. Wink
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/25/2012, 3:17 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

Sure, sounds fine. Wink
Thanks. : )

EDIT: Grenadier fires on red team squad, destroying remaining troops. Remaining squads advance to capture bunker.

Last edited by RichTheWolf257 on 6/26/2012, 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/26/2012, 5:34 pm

THE NEAR-OFFICIAL X's Y's AND Z's:

Okay, I spent some time working the different rules and system for starting out in the Roleplay. It's slightly complicated, but I think it'll work.

-When beginning in the Roleplay, you start out with a Capital Planet, a secondary planet or minable body (an asteroid belt, a large resource-rich moon, etc.) in the same star system with mining facilities and factories for it, three Colony Ships, and 30,000 of whatever currency we decide on to purchase ships and units.

-All starting mining facilities, factories, and the three colony ships cost nothing and are recieved immediately without having to be produced. The thirty thousand is solely for purchasing warships and military units to station at your Capital and bring with your Colony ships.

-Colonization and Trade Routes: A Simplistic "galactic map" will be made showing habitable star systems and the routes between them. Colonization will simply include sending your Colony ships to different systems.

-For deciding things like 1) Where players' Capitals start at, 2) how many habitable worlds are in a system, and 3) how resource-rich they are, I'm thinking about just scavenging some dice from a board game and rolling out random numerical answers for each. By the way, in order to give players as much freedom as possible in the Roleplay, I'm thinkin about letting them decide on the environmental conditions of the worlds the colonize and describing what it's like.

-Trade routes will simply be composed of a big network of spiderweb-like paths leading from different planets. Don't worry, I won't make it too complicated. By the way, every civilization, no matter how their own technology operates, will have some way of pulling enemy ships down to sublight speeds to engage them along these routes. Also, all forms of this technology will be universal, being able to pull any ship to sublight.

-Production and Acquiring Units: Pretty much every military unit, ship, and major structure will cost resources accumulated by mining to be built. I haven't decided on how to do production time yet, but I've got a system for paying for things at least, which I'll explain.

-Starships (military ones, at least. I'm not sure yet on nonmilitary ones, like trade ships and colony ships) and space structures (space stations, satellites, mining outposts, orbital factories, etc.) will cost money based on their dimensions. It's a little complicated, but it should be easy once you've done it a few times. Pretty simply, just measure its height, width, and depth in studs, cutting off distance for those tiny protruding things like weapons and antennas and stuff. Once that's done, multiply all three dimensions by each other, and round it off by a hundred.
I'll give an example: the Waffle-class Cruiser is three studs high, ten studs wide, and ten studs long. 3x10x10 is 300, so it costs $300 points/dollars/whatever. If it were 314, you'd automatically round down to 300.

-Ground units are just based on piece count. With the exception of infantry and mini-Mechs, all ground units such as Mechs, tanks, fighters and aerial vehicles, and maybe aquatic vessels (unless they get starship-sized) will be $1 for every 100 pieces. So if the Jester Light Mech Mk.II is 603 pieces, it'll cost $6 points. For infantry and mini-Mechs it'll be squad-based. It's just $1 for an organic infantry squad, and $2 for a squad of mini-Mechs or infantry in hardsuits. The number of units in a squad will depend on what kind of squad it is.

-Production time: I'm still working on this part. Fortunately we won't have to worry about it until a fair while after beginning the roleplay, so I have some time to work on this one.

-Mining: I'm still working on the specific numbers of this one, too. Pretty simply, you'll just earn certain amounts of resources per day or week or month or something, with the amount depending on how many mining facilities and minable bodies you have.

-Scale: One important aspect of this roleplay, at least in the case of anything you don't intend to built at minifig-scale, will be keeping everything on the same scale. I was thinking we could use Richie's ten (10) meters per stud scale for ground maps, and a twenty (20) meters per stud scale for starships and space-based things. This would help us all stay on the same size scale. Also, do you think we should keep starship-to-starship battles at the twenty-meter scale, or would it be better on everyone's computers to built scaled-down models of ships for space battles?

Anyway, that's everything I've got so far. If, for some reason, you think I'm biased specifically against you and made certain rules as part of an evil conspiracy to put you at an extreme disadvantage (Razz), or if you just don't like certain rules, say so and we'll get the kinks worked out.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/26/2012, 5:47 pm

Ariklego wrote:
THE NEAR-OFFICIAL X's Y's AND Z's:

Okay, I spent some time working the different rules and system for starting out in the Roleplay. It's slightly complicated, but I think it'll work.

-When beginning in the Roleplay, you start out with a Capital Planet, a secondary planet or minable body (an asteroid belt, a large resource-rich moon, etc.) in the same star system with mining facilities and factories for it, three Colony Ships, and 30,000 of whatever currency we decide on to purchase ships and units.

-All starting mining facilities, factories, and the three colony ships cost nothing and are recieved immediately without having to be produced. The thirty thousand is solely for purchasing warships and military units to station at your Capital and bring with your Colony ships.

-Colonization and Trade Routes: A Simplistic "galactic map" will be made showing habitable star systems and the routes between them. Colonization will simply include sending your Colony ships to different systems.

-For deciding things like 1) Where players' Capitals start at, 2) how many habitable worlds are in a system, and 3) how resource-rich they are, I'm thinking about just scavenging some dice from a board game and rolling out random numerical answers for each. By the way, in order to give players as much freedom as possible in the Roleplay, I'm thinkin about letting them decide on the environmental conditions of the worlds the colonize and describing what it's like.

-Trade routes will simply be composed of a big network of spiderweb-like paths leading from different planets. Don't worry, I won't make it too complicated. By the way, every civilization, no matter how their own technology operates, will have some way of pulling enemy ships down to sublight speeds to engage them along these routes. Also, all forms of this technology will be universal, being able to pull any ship to sublight.

-Production and Acquiring Units: Pretty much every military unit, ship, and major structure will cost resources accumulated by mining to be built. I haven't decided on how to do production time yet, but I've got a system for paying for things at least, which I'll explain.

-Starships (military ones, at least. I'm not sure yet on nonmilitary ones, like trade ships and colony ships) and space structures (space stations, satellites, mining outposts, orbital factories, etc.) will cost money based on their dimensions. It's a little complicated, but it should be easy once you've done it a few times. Pretty simply, just measure its height, width, and depth in studs, cutting off distance for those tiny protruding things like weapons and antennas and stuff. Once that's done, multiply all three dimensions by each other, and round it off by a hundred.
I'll give an example: the Waffle-class Cruiser is three studs high, ten studs wide, and ten studs long. 3x10x10 is 300, so it costs $300 points/dollars/whatever. If it were 314, you'd automatically round down to 300.

-Ground units are just based on piece count. With the exception of infantry and mini-Mechs, all ground units such as Mechs, tanks, fighters and aerial vehicles, and maybe aquatic vessels (unless they get starship-sized) will be $1 for every 100 pieces. So if the Jester Light Mech Mk.II is 603 pieces, it'll cost $6 points. For infantry and mini-Mechs it'll be squad-based. It's just $1 for an organic infantry squad, and $2 for a squad of mini-Mechs or infantry in hardsuits. The number of units in a squad will depend on what kind of squad it is.

-Production time: I'm still working on this part. Fortunately we won't have to worry about it until a fair while after beginning the roleplay, so I have some time to work on this one.

-Mining: I'm still working on the specific numbers of this one, too. Pretty simply, you'll just earn certain amounts of resources per day or week or month or something, with the amount depending on how many mining facilities and minable bodies you have.

-Scale: One important aspect of this roleplay, at least in the case of anything you don't intend to built at minifig-scale, will be keeping everything on the same scale. I was thinking we could use Richie's ten (10) meters per stud scale for ground maps, and a twenty (20) meters per stud scale for starships and space-based things. This would help us all stay on the same size scale. Also, do you think we should keep starship-to-starship battles at the twenty-meter scale, or would it be better on everyone's computers to built scaled-down models of ships for space battles?

Anyway, that's everything I've got so far. If, for some reason, you think I'm biased specifically against you and made certain rules as part of an evil conspiracy to put you at an extreme disadvantage (Razz), or if you just don't like certain rules, say so and we'll get the kinks worked out.

Nice work! I think that for the initial Galactic Map, i'll let you map out everything BUT the Kilest Cluster; there's five spesific systems I want to include, and for those particular territories, I can't have you rolling dice and giving me random numbers. Additionally, I want my capital planet and my primary resource (unobtainum) to be in two separate systems.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/26/2012, 6:30 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
I think that for the initial Galactic Map, i'll let you map out everything BUT the Kilest Cluster; there's five spesific systems I want to include, and for those particular territories, I can't have you rolling dice and giving me random numbers. Additionally, I want my capital planet and my primary resource (unobtainum) to be in two separate systems.

Yep, that should be fine.

By the way, do you mind the possibility of the Kilest cluster's systems starting out neutral until you (or someone else) colonizes it, instead of automatically starting under your control? Obviously you'll automatically get four with your capital world and your three colony ships, but otherwise the rest will pretty much be free game.

It's also fine to have your Unobtainum source in a different system, as long as it's in a system you colonize.

For the map, is it alright if I just pick five systems that are next together for the five you need, then let you do the smaller details?
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/26/2012, 6:40 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
I think that for the initial Galactic Map, i'll let you map out everything BUT the Kilest Cluster; there's five spesific systems I want to include, and for those particular territories, I can't have you rolling dice and giving me random numbers. Additionally, I want my capital planet and my primary resource (unobtainum) to be in two separate systems.

Yep, that should be fine.

By the way, do you mind the possibility of the Kilest cluster's systems starting out neutral until you (or someone else) colonizes it, instead of automatically starting under your control? Obviously you'll automatically get four with your capital world and your three colony ships, but otherwise the rest will pretty much be free game.

It's also fine to have your Unobtainum source in a different system, as long as it's in a system you colonize.

For the map, is it alright if I just pick five systems that are next together for the five you need, then let you do the smaller details?
All of that is just fine.
Now I would like to ask you to go a few posts up and take a look; Its your turn
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/26/2012, 7:06 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Grenadier fires on red team squad, destroying remaining troops. Remaining squads advance to capture bunker.

*The bunker's troops fires on the heavy weapons squad and the farther-out of the two standard infantry squad with their heavy repeating lasers, wiping out the heavy weapons squad and taking out for of the other squad's six units*

Two things. One, make sure you switch the red "flag" on to to blue. And two, remember you'll have to leave your mini-Mech squad inside the bunker if you want to keep it and use it. If you just want to leave the bunker empty, make the flag transparent.

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/26/2012, 7:40 pm

Sharp shooters in all remaining squads take out repeating blasters, All units crowd into bunker, Grenadier and remaining Crab squad concentrate fire on blaster turret at base of turbolaser Tower; Turret destroyed.

If taking out the repeaters in the bunkers AND the blaster turret on the towe was a little much, I apologise. But frankly, I'm a little confused. From here on out I think that structures should have no built in defenses except for visible turrets and what not.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/26/2012, 11:38 pm

Okay, change of subject from the battle back to the other stuff, but I finished the map.

Just copy and paste the picture onto whatever editing program you have (Paint ought to do nicely), and recolor all the star systems (circles) around the white star system (the Kilest Cluster's capital planet. Kilestia Prime, right?) to mark out the cluster. After that, post it, and I'll continue on making everybody's stuff on the map.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/27/2012, 12:07 am

Ariklego wrote:
Okay, change of subject from the battle back to the other stuff, but I finished the map.

Just copy and paste the picture onto whatever editing program you have (Paint ought to do nicely), and recolor all the star systems (circles) around the white star system (the Kilest Cluster's capital planet. Kilestia Prime, right?) to mark out the cluster. After that, post it, and I'll continue on making everybody's stuff on the map.
Okie dokie!
EDIT:
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/27/2012, 6:07 am

Sorry guys this is getting a bit too complex so I'm gonna wait until you two work out all the kinks before I join in.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/27/2012, 1:01 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
Sorry guys this is getting a bit too complex so I'm gonna wait until you two work out all the kinks before I join in.
Thats OK with me.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/27/2012, 5:35 pm

Okay, I've got both of our worlds marked off, as well as the Kilest cluster.

EDIT: oops, wrong picture.

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty6/27/2012, 6:38 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Okay, I've got both of our worlds marked off, as well as the Kilest cluster.

EDIT: oops, wrong picture.

Okie dokie! I'll start working on descriptions for the Kilest Cluster later today. Expect the first few sometime tomorrow. I'll start a sub-topic for each one.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty7/15/2012, 8:36 pm

OK, Back to you on the Ship-Classes. My Definitions are:
Corvette: 50-100m basically an oversized fighter with self-contained long range FTL capability.
Frigate: 2-500m Two subcategories; Scout Frigate (Fast, lightly armed, lots of sensors/scanners) and Gunship (fast and as heavily armed as reasonably possible (primairily antistarfighter)).
Cruiser: 1000ish meters Jack-Of-All-Trades (master of none)
Battlecruiser/Battleship: Basically a cruiser rebalanced for greater firepower.
Carrier 2-5000m Slightly less firepower that battle cruiser, As much hanger capacity as reasonably possible)
Dreadnaught: based on carrier but sacrifices some of its hangar capacity for extra firepower.
Supredreadnaught 10,000ish+ meters (See also: Starwars, Galactic Empire, Super Star Destroyer)
Freighter: ranges from 30m to 2-or-3000m Name says it all.

Stealth ships would be special variants of any of the above classes. "Tender" would fall under "Freighter"

So what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty7/15/2012, 10:22 pm

Sounds pretty good. One thing though, what about destroyers? Do you use them at all?

Destroyers have been key warships on earth for several centuries, make up 90% of the more famous Star Wars capital ships (Imperial Star Destroyers, Venators, CIS Providence-class and Recusant-class Star Destroyers, etc.), and are also used heavily in the majority of sci-fi sources that actually use such starship classifications.

It's obviously perfectly fine if you don't use them, I'm just curious.

On a side note, I'd advise keeping your ships on the smaller side. I think I'm going to put some pretty high costs on starships so we mostly use smaller ships. This'll make it easier on our computers, with the rare occasion when someone actually does save up the resources to build some monster supership.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty7/15/2012, 11:53 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Sounds pretty good. One thing though, what about destroyers? Do you use them at all?

Destroyers have been key warships on earth for several centuries, make up 90% of the more famous Star Wars capital ships (Imperial Star Destroyers, Venators, CIS Providence-class and Recusant-class Star Destroyers, etc.), and are also used heavily in the majority of sci-fi sources that actually use such starship classifications.

It's obviously perfectly fine if you don't use them, I'm just curious.

On a side note, I'd advise keeping your ships on the smaller side. I think I'm going to put some pretty high costs on starships so we mostly use smaller ships. This'll make it easier on our computers, with the rare occasion when someone actually does save up the resources to build some monster supership.
Well, An Imperator-Class Star Destroyer (later renamed "Imperial-class") Is about 1600m long. So that fits in the "1000ish" Range so a Destroyer, Under my system, would qualify as a Battlecruiser (or a Battleship if you perfer.) So i guess on man's Destroyer is another man's Battlecruiser. Unles its a Klingon Battlecruiser, which in this case falls under the "Gunship" Class,
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty7/16/2012, 12:09 am

Ughh, another guy that calls it the "Imperator"-class... Pff Razz

Anyway, that sounds alright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Setup
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next