The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby Chunkblaster 5/9/2024, 12:06 am

» General WIPs
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Vote_lcapRoleplay Setup - Page 3 Voting_barRoleplay Setup - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
BiO
Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Vote_lcapRoleplay Setup - Page 3 Voting_barRoleplay Setup - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
Ariklego
Chunkblaster
Sylphion

Roleplay Setup

Go down 
+2
RichTheWolf257
Ariklego
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/21/2012, 4:06 pm

Ariklego wrote:
*gasps* oh wow. measuring that on our map, our new map is just under a kilometer at the longer of the two sides. okay, future maps need to be bigger or we'll have people shooting across the map with handguns.

I suppose that means the Dewback's sniper cannons (which have a maximum range of about four miles) will indeed be able to hit anywhere on the map... Shocked

...and yeah, that answers my question.
Glad to be of service!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/22/2012, 2:39 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
*gasps* oh wow. measuring that on our map, our new map is just under a kilometer at the longer of the two sides. okay, future maps need to be bigger or we'll have people shooting across the map with handguns.

I suppose that means the Dewback's sniper cannons (which have a maximum range of about four miles) will indeed be able to hit anywhere on the map... Shocked

Glad to be of service!

Unfortunately it may take another day to wrap things up on the map, but for now I've gotten pictures of the Mechs and vehicles we'll be using up on MOCpages if you wanna take a look.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/22/2012, 2:52 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

Glad to be of service!

Unfortunately it may take another day to wrap things up on the map, but for now I've gotten pictures of the Mechs and vehicles we'll be using up on MOCpages if you wanna take a look.
Yeah, I saw it! I really like those turrets. And theres a few mechs I'm pretty sure I've never seen before. Thats a pretty good dropship, too!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 2:32 pm

NOOOOO!!!!! *cries* after spending the entire morning typing out the descriptions for all the pictures for the battle, I just lost the whole thing! Crying or Very sad

well, back to work...
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 2:39 pm

Ariklego wrote:
NOOOOO!!!!! *cries* after spending the entire morning typing out the descriptions for all the pictures for the battle, I just lost the whole thing! Crying or Very sad

well, back to work...
Type it, Hilight it, Right Click it, Click "copy" and if it disapears again, right click and click "Paste" then click "Post"
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 2:51 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

well, back to work...
Type it, Hilight it, Right Click it, Click "copy" and if it disapears again, right click and click "Paste" then click "Post"
That's the thing. I always take too long to post my MOCs, so I've gotten into a habit of doing that. problem is, after copying it I went back to the page itself and clicked edit again (so I wouldn't have to redo the title, description, etc.). but when I highlighted the original text to replace it, I accidentally did cut without thinking instead of hitting backspace or delete, so it overrided the original "copy/paste" thing.

Well, I'll do a quick redo of it all...
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 3:05 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

well, back to work...
That's the thing. I always take too long to post my MOCs, so I've gotten into a habit of doing that. problem is, after copying it I went back to the page itself and clicked edit again (so I wouldn't have to redo the title, description, etc.). but when I highlighted the original text to replace it, I accidentally did cut without thinking instead of hitting backspace or delete, so it overrided the original "copy/paste" thing.

*facepalm* Y U NO PAY ATTENTION?! We're dying of anticipation over here!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 3:16 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

well, back to work...

I know, I know... Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 4:07 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

well, back to work...

I know, I know... Razz
... Pff
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 4:31 pm

Okay, I'm finished with the unit descriptions. feel free to look over and familiarize yourself with everything. feel free to ask questions on anything I wasn't clear about (PLEEEASE ask questions!!! I nearly died of boredom back there! Razz)

I'll hurry and get the map description up after I eat lunch, then we can start!
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 5:08 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Okay, I'm finished with the unit descriptions. feel free to look over and familiarize yourself with everything. feel free to ask questions on anything I wasn't clear about (PLEEEASE ask questions!!! I nearly died of boredom back there! Razz)

I'll hurry and get the map description up after I eat lunch, then we can start!
LUNCH?! I had lunch a long time ago! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 6:16 pm

It's FINALLLY done! *walks over to my bed and practically dies* ahem. anyway, when you're ready we can start.

...and I'm quite thankful we only need to build a map for this in the rest of our battles.

p.s. by the way, I updated the LDD file again. you might want to use it, as I cut down on some of my own troops to make it more fair and otherwise you'll be facing a considerably larger army. Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 6:48 pm

Ariklego wrote:
It's FINALLLY done! *walks over to my bed and practically dies* ahem. anyway, when you're ready we can start.

...and I'm quite thankful we only need to build a map for this in the rest of our battles.

p.s. by the way, I updated the LDD file again. you might want to use it, as I cut down on some of my own troops to make it more fair and otherwise you'll be facing a considerably larger army. Razz
I'll take a look right away! Anywho, since i'll need some time to figure out the system and strategise, lets start tomorrow. How does 1pm sound (your 2pm, i think)?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 7:37 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

I'll take a look right away! Anywho, since i'll need some time to figure out the system and strategise, lets start tomorrow. How does 1pm sound (your 2pm, i think)?
Sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 7:41 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

Sounds like a plan.
Okie-Dokie!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 9:41 pm

ugh... you're gonna hate me, but I was just informed that I won't be here at 2:00. Pff

I'll probably be home around... three or four PM, most likely. Is that still alright?

By the way, I had an idea.When we all start off, what if, instead of automatically starting off with a half-dozen well-developed systems, what if we started out just with out capital home planet and a small number of colony ships, then have to first colonize worlds? I partly think it may be smart to start the Roleplay off kinda slow and just expand from there, that way we don't plan too big and have our blast-off go down in flames.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/23/2012, 10:01 pm

Ariklego wrote:
ugh... you're gonna hate me, but I was just informed that I won't be here at 2:00. Pff

I'll probably be home around... three or four PM, most likely. Is that still alright?

By the way, I had an idea.When we all start off, what if, instead of automatically starting off with a half-dozen well-developed systems, what if we started out just with out capital home planet and a small number of colony ships, then have to first colonize worlds? I partly think it may be smart to start the Roleplay off kinda slow and just expand from there, that way we don't plan too big and have our blast-off go down in flames.
Ok, That all sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 5:26 pm

I'm here! Ready to lose? Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 5:43 pm

Ariklego wrote:
I'm here! Ready to lose? Razz
Give me a minute while I build my first move.
EDIT!
Blue team First move: Orbital drop near Turbolaset Tower Two Grenadiers and Five Infantry Squads:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 6:12 pm

umm, should we both have MOCs with the map LDD file in them so we can stay on the right track?
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 6:26 pm

How about this: We both have eachothers markers on the map right? Well it might be simpler to post pictures here and move eachothers marker on our maps based on picture. If it'll make it easier, i'll post a Top-down version of the pic above.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 7:31 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
How about this: We both have eachothers markers on the map right? Well it might be simpler to post pictures here and move eachothers marker on our maps based on picture. If it'll make it easier, i'll post a Top-down version of the pic above.
I can get the map set up based off the first picture, but in the future it might be good to do that. not directly up, though, or it'll be difficult to tell what's what.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 7:43 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
I can get the map set up based off the first picture, but in the future it might be good to do that. not directly up, though, or it'll be difficult to tell what's what.
Ok. Its your turn by the way. But before you move, If I capture the tower, can I use it to destroy the AA-towers?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 9:26 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ok. Its your turn by the way. But before you move, If I capture the tower, can I use it to destroy the AA-towers?
Well, heavy turbolaser towers typically don't have a far enough downward arc to fire on ground targets, but I'd say this one probably does. So, yeah, I'd say so. I'm doubt it'd be able to track and fire on ground troops and vehicles, though.

By the way, while we're going through our first test battle and working out the kinks of combat, do you think we should start getting everyone set in the Roleplay, with planets, colony ships, etc.? I know it sounds like I'm rushing a bit, but some of those things are rather time-consuming and it might be good to get started.

Anyway, I'll post my move in a moment.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty6/24/2012, 9:32 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Well, heavy turbolaser towers typically don't have a far enough downward arc to fire on ground targets, but I'd say this one probably does. So, yeah, I'd say so. I'm doubt it'd be able to track and fire on ground troops and vehicles, though.

By the way, while we're going through our first test battle and working out the kinks of combat, do you think we should start getting everyone set in the Roleplay, with planets, colony ships, etc.? I know it sounds like I'm rushing a bit, but some of those things are rather time-consuming and it might be good to get started.

Anyway, I'll post my move in a moment.
I think we should wait to get started untill we have all the X's Y's and Z's figured out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Setup
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next