The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby Chunkblaster 5/9/2024, 12:06 am

» General WIPs
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Vote_lcapRoleplay Setup - Page 2 Voting_barRoleplay Setup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
BiO
Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Vote_lcapRoleplay Setup - Page 2 Voting_barRoleplay Setup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

Roleplay Setup

Go down 
+2
RichTheWolf257
Ariklego
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/19/2012, 7:30 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
alrighty. I think I'll try to make sort of a quick test map to test our idea out.

a fairly simple scenario, one side has a big base, some different defenses like turrets and stuff, and a garrison of Mechs and other vehicles. the other side will have dropships land their troops and vehicles and will have to capture the base.

a few other things that I thought of for the whole thing. one, how will fighter/starfighter battles operate?

two, I had sort of an idea for those of us that couldn't or didn't really want to make our own troops and Mechs and stuff. for example, I expect Bio will mostly just have mini-Mechs built, and will be at a disadvantage against any non-infantry (medium, heavy, and superheavy Mechs, MBSs, tanks, etc.). I can't really see him building a superheavy. Thomas Z is probably going to rely entirely on Gundams, and without infantry and lighter vehicles won't be able to do some things. (how is he going to raid a building?)
so, what if we had everyone tag in and contribute some of their decent (not their worst, but not their best either) Mechs for use by such individuals. what do you think?
I Like that idea! You and Chunk would probably have the most to contribute, though. I'll build export variants of my Colony Ships, Mining Transports, and Light Starfighters. The Transports and Colony Ships, of course, will be Combat-Enabled, replacing their ore crates and garden domes, respectively, with weapon emplacements.

I look foward to our test-battle. Except that i don't have any Dropships...
yeah, most likely, though due to the diverse nature of mini-Mechs we can have plenty of infantry varieties to specialize in different tasks (standard infantry, paratroopers, specs ops, heavy weapons, etc.), so that'll make another thing to contribute. Thomas Z could help contribute in sort of a larger MBS-ish category. I also have a few warship designs that I'd be willing to contribute.
...and what we'd do is provide a fair selection of semi-outdated Mechs in different categories for people to use if they don't have any Mechs of their own to fill those categories.

and don't worry. even if it really did matter what kind of dropship it was, I happen to have a dropship project in the works that can carry anything from a mini-Mech to the Titan II.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/19/2012, 8:54 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
alrighty. I think I'll try to make sort of a quick test map to test our idea out.

a fairly simple scenario, one side has a big base, some different defenses like turrets and stuff, and a garrison of Mechs and other vehicles. the other side will have dropships land their troops and vehicles and will have to capture the base.

a few other things that I thought of for the whole thing. one, how will fighter/starfighter battles operate?

two, I had sort of an idea for those of us that couldn't or didn't really want to make our own troops and Mechs and stuff. for example, I expect Bio will mostly just have mini-Mechs built, and will be at a disadvantage against any non-infantry (medium, heavy, and superheavy Mechs, MBSs, tanks, etc.). I can't really see him building a superheavy. Thomas Z is probably going to rely entirely on Gundams, and without infantry and lighter vehicles won't be able to do some things. (how is he going to raid a building?)
so, what if we had everyone tag in and contribute some of their decent (not their worst, but not their best either) Mechs for use by such individuals. what do you think?
I Like that idea! You and Chunk would probably have the most to contribute, though. I'll build export variants of my Colony Ships, Mining Transports, and Light Starfighters. The Transports and Colony Ships, of course, will be Combat-Enabled, replacing their ore crates and garden domes, respectively, with weapon emplacements.

I look foward to our test-battle. Except that i don't have any Dropships...
yeah, most likely, though due to the diverse nature of mini-Mechs we can have plenty of infantry varieties to specialize in different tasks (standard infantry, paratroopers, specs ops, heavy weapons, etc.), so that'll make another thing to contribute. Thomas Z could help contribute in sort of a larger MBS-ish category. I also have a few warship designs that I'd be willing to contribute.
...and what we'd do is provide a fair selection of semi-outdated Mechs in different categories for people to use if they don't have any Mechs of their own to fill those categories.

and don't worry. even if it really did matter what kind of dropship it was, I happen to have a dropship project in the works that can carry anything from a mini-Mech to the Titan II.
A Dropship that cna carry a Titan II. ...Arik, when I think of a Dropship the first thing hat comes to mind is a concept design I came up with called the "Gryphon-class Gunship/Dropship" The Gryphon can only carry 10 troops! What you described is not a "Dropship" Thats almost a Theta-class AT-AT barge!
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/19/2012, 9:07 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
A Dropship that cna carry a Titan II. ...Arik, when I think of a Dropship the first thing hat comes to mind is a concept design I came up with called the "Gryphon-class Gunship/Dropship" The Gryphon can only carry 10 troops! What you described is not a "Dropship" Thats almost a Theta-class AT-AT barge!
Richie...

Click: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scroll down to last picture.

Am not amused. >:{

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/19/2012, 10:07 pm

BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Richie...

Click: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scroll down to last picture.

Am not amused. >:{

Spoiler:
Woah, Woah, Woah! Hey! My Gryphon is in no way whatsoever related to your Griffon. Firstly it doesn't resemble your gunship in she slightest, and Secondly I NEVER intended to use the design in the TCS.
I am not amsed either, Andrew. Not Amused in the Slightest.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/19/2012, 10:50 pm

for the record, the Theta's an absolute monster. it can carry FOUR AT-ATs, and they're completely surrounded by dense armor plating and various mechanisms. and this is absolutely nothing like it. this is more like... well, kinda like a Pelican that got cut in half (not lengthwise) by a Scarab's beam, then had its front half attached to a pair of magnetic rails running to the back, where a second pair of wings are located. it's mostly just a bunch of framework held together by tensor fields. Razz

and are you seriously telling me you both have dropships named "Griffin"? because I've never even heard of either of them before, and I also happen to have a dropship by that name. Shocked
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/19/2012, 11:21 pm

Ariklego wrote:
for the record, the Theta's an absolute monster. it can carry FOUR AT-ATs, and they're completely surrounded by dense armor plating and various mechanisms. and this is absolutely nothing like it. this is more like... well, kinda like a Pelican that got cut in half (not lengthwise) by a Scarab's beam, then had its front half attached to a pair of magnetic rails running to the back, where a second pair of wings are located. it's mostly just a bunch of framework held together by tensor fields. Razz

and are you seriously telling me you both have dropships named "Griffin"? because I've never even heard of either of them before, and I also happen to have a dropship by that name. Shocked
What a coincidence! My Gryphon is inspired by the Pelican. Basically, if you make the Pelican a heck of a lot sleeker and replace the standard wing configuration with a foward swept canard configuration, you would ALMOST have a Gryphon.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 12:46 am

Alrighty, I think I can picture it.

Well, the dropship is pretty much finished, so I'll be starting the battle map tomorrow morning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

oh, and what do you think of this scale for Mechs? this can serve for our scale for ground battles, and we can branch out from there to other vehicles and things.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 2:09 am

Ariklego wrote:

Well, the dropship is pretty much finished, so I'll be starting the battle map tomorrow morning.

oh, and what do you think of this scale for Mechs? this can serve for our scale for ground battles, and we can branch out from there to other vehicles and things.
I reckon we need a 1x1 plate under the quadrupedals because other wise they wouldn't connect onto the map very well.

As for stopping terror-forming and still allowing ground battles, what about orbital defences? Like a pack of satellites that either attack the ships (but are too slow to stop a dropship dropping units) or run headlong into them. Ah, the joys of running headlong into spacecraft.

As for pulling ships out of hyperspace, why don't we have an extremely scaled down interstellar map (fleets of spacecraft would be represented by single studs) for showing travel between systems, then to intercept a fleet travelling between places you just run your dot into theirs. Heh, even more running headlong into spacecraft.

And I assume in the image the shape is what differentiates units? Because if the colour does too then that's a bit of a waste and I reckon we should use colour for team identification.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 10:24 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

I reckon we need a 1x1 plate under the quadrupedals because other wise they wouldn't connect onto the map very well.

As for stopping terror-forming and still allowing ground battles, what about orbital defences? Like a pack of satellites that either attack the ships (but are too slow to stop a dropship dropping units) or run headlong into them. Ah, the joys of running headlong into spacecraft.

As for pulling ships out of hyperspace, why don't we have an extremely scaled down interstellar map (fleets of spacecraft would be represented by single studs) for showing travel between systems, then to intercept a fleet travelling between places you just run your dot into theirs. Heh, even more running headlong into spacecraft.

And I assume in the image the shape is what differentiates units? Because if the colour does too then that's a bit of a waste and I reckon we should use colour for team identification.
ooh, good point. by the way, these specific shapes aren't necessarily official. I'm more asking about the scale than the pieces representing different Mechs.

"terror-forming"? lol, I love that term. Razz and I'd say that could work.
I'm not sure about the hyperspace thing. statistically, the chance of two ships being able to crash into each other in hyperspace, even intentionally, is rather slim. Razz hmm... it's possible, though "roadblocks" like interdiction fields and such positioned along key routes seems more practical.

and yes, it's just the shape. I added the color for a little variety (probably shouldn't have). in-game the colors will probably just differentiate between teams, and, in the event of multiple units of the same class being used, different unit types.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 12:13 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

ooh, good point. by the way, these specific shapes aren't necessarily official. I'm more asking about the scale than the pieces representing different Mechs.

"terror-forming"? lol, I love that term. Razz and I'd say that could work.
I'm not sure about the hyperspace thing. statistically, the chance of two ships being able to crash into each other in hyperspace, even intentionally, is rather slim. Razz hmm... it's possible, though "roadblocks" like interdiction fields and such positioned along key routes seems more practical.

and yes, it's just the shape. I added the color for a little variety (probably shouldn't have). in-game the colors will probably just differentiate between teams, and, in the event of multiple units of the same class being used, different unit types.
I call Blue Team! for the test battle that is. And Yeah, Hyperspace Roadblocks. The perfect excuse for deep-spcae battles. I think your battlefeild markers will work just fine. One question though, Does an AT-AT count as a "Large/Tall" a "Big" or a "Bigger"?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 1:04 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
I call Blue Team! for the test battle that is. And Yeah, Hyperspace Roadblocks. The perfect excuse for deep-spcae battles. I think your battlefeild markers will work just fine. One question though, Does an AT-AT count as a "Large/Tall" a "Big" or a "Bigger"?
considering an AT-AT dwarfs the Titan II, it probably fits either into the "biggest four/six-legged Mech" category or the "just-plain-ginormous" category. Razz

you'll take blue? okey-doke. I guess we'll just do this classic red vs. blue-style. by the way, do you want to be attacker or defender? attacker has to land units and capture/destroy (haven't decided which yet) the defender's base. defender has to protect his base while eliminating all of the attacker's units.

I hope you don't mind, but I'll be supplying my own Mechs and units to fill in the different categories. (as in, for this battle) is that alright?
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 2:04 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
considering an AT-AT dwarfs the Titan II, it probably fits either into the "biggest four/six-legged Mech" category or the "just-plain-ginormous" category. Razz

you'll take blue? okey-doke. I guess we'll just do this classic red vs. blue-style. by the way, do you want to be attacker or defender? attacker has to land units and capture/destroy (haven't decided which yet) the defender's base. defender has to protect his base while eliminating all of the attacker's units.

I hope you don't mind, but I'll be supplying my own Mechs and units to fill in the different categories. (as in, for this battle) is that alright?
I'll be the Attacker. And since my LDD skilld are STILL relatively underdeveloped, I think it is best if, for the purpses of this test-battle, you provide the Mechs.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 2:14 pm

alrighty, sounds good. that works out nicely.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 2:38 pm

ED: As per your question regarding planetary defences;

Planetary defenses will bu up to the individual player. For me personally, planetary efenses will consist of ground-based supercannon bateries and orbital kamakaziae (or however its spelled) drones, and each individual military installation will be equipped with plasma sheilds.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 2:51 pm

Well, believe it or not, I've already finished the map. I'm going to be doing a bit of editing to get everything ready and well-explained, but otherwise we're ready to play.

Spoiler:

Link:
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 5:04 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Well, believe it or not, I've already finished the map. I'm going to be doing a bit of editing to get everything ready and well-explained, but otherwise we're ready to play.

Spoiler:

Link:
Woah-ho-HO! I LIKE it! i'll hace a liik on MOCPaces right away!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 5:23 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
glad to hear. Very Happy

you're probably wondering what some of the stuff is. don't worry, I'll get to that. I just have a lot of pictures to take first...

by the way, I just made a few changes to the LDD file and uploaded them. if you've already downloaded the file, you might want to get a quick update.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 6:32 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
glad to hear. Very Happy

you're probably wondering what some of the stuff is. don't worry, I'll get to that. I just have a lot of pictures to take first...

by the way, I just made a few changes to the LDD file and uploaded them. if you've already downloaded the file, you might want to get a quick update.
Okie-Dokie! HEy, did you know I have second place on the Top Posters List?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 7:21 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
glad to hear. Very Happy

congratz! I'll have to go see what I am...
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 7:25 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
glad to hear. Very Happy

congratz! I'll have to go see what I am...
You're 4th.

EDIT:

I just finished the Resource and Unit Production Rules:

To begin with, each faction will be awarded X number of Space Territories for a total of Y number of Habitable Planets, and Z number of Minable Bodies (E.G. Moons, Asteroid Fields).

Each Habitable Planet can have X number of Planetary Bases. Each Minable Body can have Y number of Mining Bases. Each Territory can have Z number of Starbases.

Defenses can be added to Planetary Bases, Mining Bases, Starbases, and even entire Planets, Minable bodies, and Territories.

Military Units are produced in Planetary Bases and Starbases. Mining Bases can only produce transport units, Mining vehicles, and colonization units.

Each Mining Base can produce X Resource Points per day. Planetary Bases produce Y Points. Starbases produce Z Points per day. X>Y>Z.

Each faction can upgrade ONE (1) Planetary Base to Capital City status at the beginning of the game. Each faction can have ONE (1) Territory with that faction's primary resource (E.G. Unobtainum, Protomag).

There will be a number of Neutral Territories available for Colonization. Colonization will require the construction of a Colony Ship and Pre-Allocation of sufficient Resource Points to build at least one Planetary Base or Starbase.

Planetary Bases and Starbases cost X Resource points. Mining Bases cost Y Points.

There will be various Classes of units, defense structures, and structures classified as "Other" (E.G. Safehouses, Orbital Storage Facilities, etc.)(Anything you can think of, Arik). Each Class will cost a different amount of Points apiece.

A Space Territory can consist of a single, isolated, star system. (Or a small number of neighboring star systems if the territory lies within a star cluster.)

I'll leave the rest up to you, Arik.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/20/2012, 11:34 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:

To begin with, each faction will be awarded X number of Space Territories for a total of Y number of Habitable Planets, and Z number of Minable Bodies (E.G. Moons, Asteroid Fields).

Each Habitable Planet can have X number of Planetary Bases. Each Minable Body can have Y number of Mining Bases. Each Territory can have Z number of Starbases.

Defenses can be added to Planetary Bases, Mining Bases, Starbases, and even entire Planets, Minable bodies, and Territories.

Military Units are produced in Planetary Bases and Starbases. Mining Bases can only produce transport units, Mining vehicles, and colonization units.

Each Mining Base can produce X Resource Points per day. Planetary Bases produce Y Points. Starbases produce Z Points per day. X>Y>Z.

Each faction can upgrade ONE (1) Planetary Base to Capital City status at the beginning of the game. Each faction can have ONE (1) Territory with that faction's primary resource (E.G. Unobtainum, Protomag).

There will be a number of Neutral Territories available for Colonization. Colonization will require the construction of a Colony Ship and Pre-Allocation of sufficient Resource Points to build at least one Planetary Base or Starbase.

Planetary Bases and Starbases cost X Resource points. Mining Bases cost Y Points.

There will be various Classes of units, defense structures, and structures classified as "Other" (E.G. Safehouses, Orbital Storage Facilities, etc.)(Anything you can think of, Arik). Each Class will cost a different amount of Points apiece.

A Space Territory can consist of a single, isolated, star system. (Or a small number of neighboring star systems if the territory lies within a star cluster.)

whoof, I just got a headache. Shocked Razz

okay, let's see...

most of this sounds good. however, keep in mind that this is our new roleplay, not War World. Razz

pretty much, let's try to simplify some of it. the parts about territories and mine-able locations and all that is fine (though I think the thing about capitols could be a bit more fluid)

how about this: you acquire certain quantities of raw metals on from whatever mining equipment you have. you acquire metal on a daily/weekly/something basis, with the amount depending on how many mining units and such you have.
the metals are then taken to factories/shipyards (for units and ships) or construction units (for buildings, space stations, factories, etc.). development depends both on how much the factories can handle and how many resources are coming in from mining.
we can also possibly have something like trade shipment routes that can be disrupted, maybe.

that can probably be a good starter for it all. otherwise, we should probably keep the roleplay as fluid and adaptable as possible in accordance to real life.

two other things. one, what do you think of restricting "infantry" solely to mini-Mechs so as to eliminate the annoying complications of populations and such? vehicle pilots don't need to be kept track of much, and neither do crews for buildings, space stations, and ships.
two, I need some ideas on maximum range for units on ground maps.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/21/2012, 12:19 am

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

okay, let's see...

most of this sounds good. however, keep in mind that this is our new roleplay, not War World. Razz

pretty much, let's try to simplify some of it. the parts about territories and mine-able locations and all that is fine (though I think the thing about capitols could be a bit more fluid)

how about this: you acquire certain quantities of raw metals on from whatever mining equipment you have. you acquire metal on a daily/weekly/something basis, with the amount depending on how many mining units and such you have.
the metals are then taken to factories/shipyards (for units and ships) or construction units (for buildings, space stations, factories, etc.). development depends both on how much the factories can handle and how many resources are coming in from mining.
we can also possibly have something like trade shipment routes that can be disrupted, maybe.

that can probably be a good starter for it all. otherwise, we should probably keep the roleplay as fluid and adaptable as possible in accordance to real life.

two other things. one, what do you think of restricting "infantry" solely to mini-Mechs so as to eliminate the annoying complications of populations and such? vehicle pilots don't need to be kept track of much, and neither do crews for buildings, space stations, and ships.
Ok, That sounds good. But just to be Clear, there needs to be a certain number of factories, shipyards, construction units, and raw materials to which eachfaction is entitled in the beginning of the game, so we don't have to build our civilizations from scratch.

As for Infantry Units, I strongly support Organic Infantry. I think that we should just assume that, just as long as the Capital Planet is intact, there is sufficient population from which to derrive a full-sised Organic Infantry.

As for Ground Map Ranges, Its 9:17 pm over here and the mathimatical centers of my brain have completely shut down.
For now I'll say Just do whatever you find reasonable. I'll leave the X's Y's and Z's to you.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/21/2012, 12:13 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

okay, let's see...

Ok, That sounds good. But just to be Clear, there needs to be a certain number of factories, shipyards, construction units, and raw materials to which eachfaction is entitled in the beginning of the game, so we don't have to build our civilizations from scratch.

As for Infantry Units, I strongly support Organic Infantry. I think that we should just assume that, just as long as the Capital Planet is intact, there is sufficient population from which to derrive a full-sised Organic Infantry.

As for Ground Map Ranges, Its 9:17 pm over here and the mathimatical centers of my brain have completely shut down.
For now I'll say Just do whatever you find reasonable. I'll leave the X's Y's and Z's to you.
agreed. I'm just saying that thing kept on a set amount should only be used when we're first starting out, and after that you can do pretty much anything.

well, I can see that being alright. and organic infantry "production" can be based on resources for weapons/armor/equipment, production time can be based on training time, and will probably be "built" at a specialized training base or something.

I think I might wait to assign the X's Y's and Z's until we've got this going. trial and error works a bit better than randomly assigning values and hoping they work.

and by range, pretty much what I need is a basic scale for weapon range. meaning "how many studs are in a mile" or something. after that we just have to do a little math and we'll have the range of all our units' weapons
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/21/2012, 2:33 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

okay, let's see...

agreed. I'm just saying that thing kept on a set amount should only be used when we're first starting out, and after that you can do pretty much anything.

well, I can see that being alright. and organic infantry "production" can be based on resources for weapons/armor/equipment, production time can be based on training time, and will probably be "built" at a specialized training base or something.

I think I might wait to assign the X's Y's and Z's until we've got this going. trial and error works a bit better than randomly assigning values and hoping they work.

and by range, pretty much what I need is a basic scale for weapon range. meaning "how many studs are in a mile" or something. after that we just have to do a little math and we'll have the range of all our units' weapons
Ok How about this: An AT-AT is 20 meters long. Since an AT-AT qualifies as a "Bigger"-class 4- or 6-legged mech and since a "Bigger" is two studs long on the map, then one stud represents 10 meters. which means there's 100 studs in a kilometer and aproximately 160 studs in a mile. Does that answer your question?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty6/21/2012, 3:34 pm

*gasps* oh wow. measuring that on our map, our new map is just under a kilometer at the longer of the two sides. okay, future maps need to be bigger or we'll have people shooting across the map with handguns.

I suppose that means the Dewback's sniper cannons (which have a maximum range of about four miles) will indeed be able to hit anywhere on the map... Shocked

...and yeah, that answers my question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Setup
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next