The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby Chunkblaster 5/9/2024, 12:06 am

» General WIPs
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcapGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 2 Voting_barGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcapGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 2 Voting_barGeneral Conversation #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General Conversation #1

Go down 
+14
Forte
Klushots
Kirill Z.
Legobrickforger48
LTE the Mechanier
Thomas_Z
Chunkblaster
Brickbrycebrick
Ariklego
RichTheWolf257
Eroomdivad
Chen-Chen
JakTheMad
BiO
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/2/2012, 1:09 pm

Well I remember the villains having robot arms, but that's a bit different. I do see what you're staying, though.

Also, lol, Lego being original my posterior.
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/2/2012, 2:26 pm

=P

Lego recycle loads of themes all the time. You know what I wish they would do? Bring back the Johnny Thunder sets. They were my all time favourites, I was really annoyed I missed out on all of them but Orient Expedition (but then, I did get all the Orient Expedition ones anyway Laughing)
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/2/2012, 4:41 pm

Agreed, I love the Johnny Thunder sets, they were my first experience with real lego. The only other sets I had bought before that were pretty much all of the Jack Stone sets. I had a plan to buy certain JT sets sequentially, and I had it down to a science based on when I got my allowance, when I would have enough for what, and I even included tax.

Come to think of it, if I did something like that today, people would probably think I was obsessed.

And back then I probably was. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Brickbrycebrick
Technician
Technician
Brickbrycebrick

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/2/2012, 11:11 pm

I have always been obsessed with Lego, my favorite themes where Power Miners and Mars Mission (you can see I am into rocks). It would be great if they could keep at least one theme going (besides Star Wars) for at least a few years. I used to spend every last dime from my allowance to buy Lego sets (am I crazy Wonder ), I still buy them often but normally I save up for a while and get the big star wars sets or go to Pick-a-brick or Bricklink and build my own thing.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/3/2012, 6:30 am

O know what you guys mean. When I was younger I was kinda *cough*very*splutter* obsessed with Lego. My fave themes were Mars Mission and Dino Attack (I probably spent a day messing with the huge copter).

As for recycling themes, Mars Mission was based on Life on Mars and Power Miners was based on Rock Raiders. Not sure about Orient Expedition or Johnny Thunder.

I'm listen to Robots FTW as I write this, just felt like sharing. Joyful
Back to top Go down
Brickbrycebrick
Technician
Technician
Brickbrycebrick

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/4/2012, 3:51 pm

Just went to the Lego store and I was not going to get anything, but then there was a giant UCS R2-D2! I am weak! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/8/2012, 1:29 pm

Hello. for those of you who don't remember me, I'm Ariklego. I'm currently making my annual visit to the site to add a random and annoying-because-it's-inconsistent-with-what-everyone-else-is-talking-about post before leaving for another year. Razz

...no, I don't plan on leaving for another year. let's just hope reality goes according to plan. Razz

well, a quick report on my current status as a Mech designer. believe it or not, I am, in fact, building some things. *everyone gasps* after spending waaay to much time stuck between mowing down enemies with my Galil on Black Ops, reading book after irresistible book (and thankfully finishing the series), and doing some IRL builds, I've finally pulled myself back to good ol' LDD for some more Mech time. projects so far including ironing out flaws in a few older Mechs (most notably the Grenadier and Corsair), developing a few newer Mechs (particularly a quadrupedal "weapons platform" Mech that can support MBS weapons), and, inch by inch, making little bits of progress in the mile-long journey to completing your... erm, I'm not even sure we can call them Easter presents anymore. :S

anyway, bye-bye, see you all again in who-knows-when.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/11/2012, 6:47 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Hello. for those of you who don't remember me, I'm Ariklego. I'm currently making my annual visit to the site to add a random and annoying-because-it's-inconsistent-with-what-everyone-else-is-talking-about post before leaving for another year. Razz

...no, I don't plan on leaving for another year. let's just hope reality goes according to plan. Razz

well, a quick report on my current status as a Mech designer. believe it or not, I am, in fact, building some things. *everyone gasps* after spending waaay to much time stuck between mowing down enemies with my Galil on Black Ops, reading book after irresistible book (and thankfully finishing the series), and doing some IRL builds, I've finally pulled myself back to good ol' LDD for some more Mech time. projects so far including ironing out flaws in a few older Mechs (most notably the Grenadier and Corsair), developing a few newer Mechs (particularly a quadrupedal "weapons platform" Mech that can support MBS weapons), and, inch by inch, making little bits of progress in the mile-long journey to completing your... erm, I'm not even sure we can call them Easter presents anymore. :S

Hold it, HOLD IT! What about my MBS?!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/12/2012, 4:28 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

no worries, I'm still building it.

"Whoa, whoa, don't get your shorts in a knot!" -Han Solo
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/13/2012, 3:55 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

Ok, good.
Allthough, personally, I don't remember Han Solo ever saying "Don't get your shorts in a knot"
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/14/2012, 8:17 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

Ok, good.
Allthough, personally, I don't remember Han Solo ever saying "Don't get your shorts in a knot"

never played any of the Battlefront games before?
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/14/2012, 11:00 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

Ok, good.

never played any of the Battlefront games before?
Uhh, No. Is that where he said it?
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/15/2012, 1:40 pm

Guys...

Need I say more?
Back to top Go down
Chunkblaster
Initiate
Initiate
Chunkblaster

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/15/2012, 4:34 pm

lol just now discovering mechwarrior? Great series, and I'm really lookin forward to this one for sure. Its a Mech MMO, its mechwarrior, and the dev team isnt a bunch of chumps like every other Mech based MMO to come along so far.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/15/2012, 4:49 pm

Well I've heard of the series before, though I haven't played or even taken a look at any of them up until now. Though right now I'm wishing I had...
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/15/2012, 5:29 pm

Chunkblaster wrote:
lol just now discovering mechwarrior? Great series, and I'm really lookin forward to this one for sure. Its a Mech MMO, its mechwarrior, and the dev team isnt a bunch of chumps like every other Mech based MMO to come along so far.
Mechwarrior, huh? Pssshh, I'm waiting to turn 18 so i can play MechHero. Pretty much the same, i guess, except that it is a strategy game instead of an RPG. Thats what i need; a good, old-fasioned, Command-and-Conquer style, strategy game. Then i'll be happy. Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/19/2012, 8:06 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Chunkblaster wrote:
Mechwarrior, huh? Pssshh, I'm waiting to turn 18 so i can play MechHero. Pretty much the same, i guess, except that it is a strategy game instead of an RPG. Thats what i need; a good, old-fasioned, Command-and-Conquer style, strategy game. Then i'll be happy. Any recommendations?
nope. crazy as this may sound, I've never played any Mech-related game in my life. aside from piloting around AT-STs and other Star Wars walkers, the aforementioned Mechwarrior trailer was my first experience with Mechs. that might explain why I always state my Mechs as being so slow compared to everyone else's. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/24/2012, 9:31 pm

IWE Presents:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now Completed! Production to begin soon, pre-order now!

...so, how am I at advertising? Razz
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/25/2012, 6:54 am

Shouldn't that be 'wolf-anthro' Mark I, Arik? Razz
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/25/2012, 8:12 am

Hi there guys! I finally managed to get a little free time on my hands, so I tought I'd say hi here!

I'm still building, tough not as often as before, but I already have tons of new creations...I just have a hard time making the presentations for these MOCs Laughing

And btw Arik, nice advertisement! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/25/2012, 11:06 am

Eroomdivad wrote:

not quite. I'm not nearly as technical about all that as Rich, and Werewolf has a better ring to its name anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/25/2012, 4:22 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
ED: Arik can call it the "Werewolf mark 1" if he wants In fact, i perfer that to what you said; It Flows better.

Arik: It looks AWESOME! I can't wait to get my proverbial hands on it!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/25/2012, 5:50 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
ED: Arik can call it the "Werewolf mark 1" if he wants In fact, i perfer that to what you said; It Flows better.

glad to hear. Razz all I have left is to design the weapons. I was thinking sort of a pair of SMG-ish weapons and maybe a sword or other melee weapon.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/25/2012, 5:57 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:

glad to hear. Razz all I have left is to design the weapons. I was thinking sort of a pair of SMG-ish weapons and maybe a sword or other melee weapon.
Awesome!
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty5/25/2012, 8:41 pm

Thomas_Z wrote:
Hi there guys! I finally managed to get a little free time on my hands, so I tought I'd say hi here!

I'm still building, tough not as often as before, but I already have tons of new creations...I just have a hard time making the presentations for these MOCs Laughing

And btw Arik, nice advertisement! Very Happy
Welcome, Thomas! Glad to have you posting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation #1   General Conversation #1 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Conversation #1
Page 2 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next