The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby Chunkblaster 5/9/2024, 12:06 am

» General WIPs
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Vote_lcapMusic Appreciation Game - Page 2 Voting_barMusic Appreciation Game - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
BiO
Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Vote_lcapMusic Appreciation Game - Page 2 Voting_barMusic Appreciation Game - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

Music Appreciation Game

Go down 
+6
Eroomdivad
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
Thomas_Z
RichTheWolf257
BiO
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/1/2013, 11:40 pm

Oh, come on! That's just cheating! Sigh... Fine. 10/10

Guess it's time to bring out the big guns...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mocpages.com/home.php/84125
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/2/2013, 6:37 pm

...Me gusta.

10/10

Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/2/2013, 8:29 pm

...10/10. There are things that have been said about that night that are not up for discussion in a forum full of non-adults, so I'll rate it high because Miss Monroe was one classy lady.

Also, Klushots, if you don't want to listen to 45 minutes of music then don't. My goal is not to cater, it's to bring the jams. Alter Bridge is not the jams, unfortunately.

The year is 2002; most of you are still in elementary school. I'm listening to this on my CD player (an ancient artifact only Thomas will know about).

The references in the openings shots of this video are fun. The line in Japanese, when it switches to English, is a famous line from Night of the Living Dead. Plus, 2D's wearing a T-Virus ringer tee. Oh, the power of nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/3/2013, 1:21 am

Oh the joy and sweet memories from 12 years ago! 10/10 The "awesome" that I miss from today's music...

And it was 12 years ago, that I fell in love with the music of a certain band full of "awesome"!

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/3/2013, 4:48 pm

It seem you andi hav more in common every day, T-Z! I'll give this one a 9/10

Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
Quantum Industries

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/3/2013, 8:35 pm

Excellent lyrics and melody, but I'm having a hard time getting past the lead singers voice, I'd give it an 7.5 /10.

Now here is something just about any gamer from the 90's will appreciate. It's a little left of Linkin Park, but i still personally view it as a gem.

Bippity Boppity Bacon!
Wizard

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/4/2013, 7:49 pm

Well, I wasn't much of a gamer back in the '90s (Now lets see here... Iwas born in '95 so...)
But, I like it nonetheless! 10/10. Judging by your avatar-pic, I think you'll really apreciate this:

Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/4/2013, 9:51 pm

I mean, I know that's gotta take some level of skill and all, but at times it just sounds bad... 6/10

So we're posting Mario, eh? K.

And also, Forte, just so's ya know, I used to own (and use) a Walkman. CD players are high-tech stuff!
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/5/2013, 2:26 pm

Very, very nice rendition! 10/10, undoubtedly!

Now for a personal favorite of mine:

Coldplay's best song.
this is the good stuff.

youuuuuuuuu arrrrrrrrre
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/5/2013, 5:36 pm

If anyone dares to dislike that song, you'll be out on the avenues of the internet with trolls hot on your tail. Razz 10/10

And now some Mark Ronson (ignore what the title says, it is Ronson):

And for ED: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The song ends at 3:42, but goes on silent for a while after that for no apparent reason.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/5/2013, 8:43 pm

Erhm, 5/10 because wut deh hek iz dis?!

Anyhow:

Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/7/2013, 6:31 pm

Not a fan of the sound of electric violin. 7/10.

I find that amateur quartets from NicoNico are a jam I can get down with.

All of this was recorded with the mics they had handy. The guy in the Scream/'Shrieker' mask posts a lot of solo stuff and is ridiculously good at improvisation.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/7/2013, 9:24 pm

Never understood the whole mask thing some bands/people do. But since we're supposed to judge the music and not the musicians... 8/10.

Another song I like by this band (IMO, the whole album is good, but two of the songs aren't appropriate for young ears). I'm trying to learn the piano part, but can't find a good tutorial.
Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/7/2013, 10:33 pm

I love Shinedown, and this song is very good! 10/10

Now, let's listen to something captivating, shall we? Just let the music take you in!

Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/9/2013, 5:09 pm

That's... Actually, that sounds pretty nice... And that's coming from someone with only slight appreciation for songs that aren't in his language. Of course, this was more instrumental than vocal IMO, but still! 9.5/10.

Getting to the 19 and 58 second marks will be rewarded with healthy doses of pure awesome courtesy of the Valve Studio Orchestra.
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/9/2013, 5:30 pm

Darn, you beat me to it. Laughing can't really put anything less than 10/10.

On the topic of games, have some Halo in your life:

Unfortunately I can't make it a video, iPad version of youtube won't let me.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/9/2013, 5:42 pm

I was waiting for someone to post that! My favorite part is the very begining (and the end of course) 10/10

But really, you should hear this:

Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/10/2013, 9:33 pm

6/10. I never liked the Halo 4 theme. It's pretty boring compared to the old ones and honestly it really doesn't hold a candle to One Final Effort. Mmm. Dat piano intro and outro. Of course, Martin O'Donnell works for Bungie and not 343, so he'll probably be composing the soundtrack for whatever their new Marathon project is now... At least, I hope so.

And now here's some more video game theme music from something entirely different but at the very least just as good:

Sometimes I just sit in the menu and don't even play the game just so I can hear this on repeat. No idea why, but to me the 6 second mark conjures up images of a monkey riding a unicycle and playing a one-man band outfit. No? Okay. I'll show myself out now.
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/17/2013, 2:20 am

Huge Beetlejuice vibe - 7/10.

By the way, Richie, that overture for Halo 4 is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The piece you linked is not even titled (it's Arrival, which is used for the final 'arena' as you plow through waves of Knights)

Frankly, the best suite on Davidge's Halo 4 soundtrack is 117, a two-movement piece that plays during the trench run on the Mantle's Approach (name of his ship). It also has the honor of having a very brief reprise of a few bars from One Final Effort, which is a good thing because Davidge absolutely refused to reuse or update any other piece of music from the franchise.

I'm really starting to miss Marty, but 117 can stand on its own. My favorite bars start at about 1:33 and 4:25.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/17/2013, 3:41 pm

I personally never really got into the Halo franchise. I only ever played Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 splitscreen with some friends, and a little of Halo 3. The one thing that did get me about the series was the theme music. It was just so dang unique. Halo 4's music? Not so much. Although I have to admit that 117 is pretty good in its own right, so... 8.75/10.

Now how many people remember this?

The Marathon series was probably one of the first video games I ever played. And it was good. So many memories with this music. Some of you Halo players may recognize that logo, but before Halo this is what Bungie was known for. And hopefully after Halo too since they've apparently got a new one in the works.

"See you starside."
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/17/2013, 9:08 pm

I feel like i've heard this song soewhere before... I'll give it a 7/10 because s just a little too generic for my taste.

Now back on the subject o Halo,(My apologies if this is starting to get annoying) I've never actually played any of the games, But who can help but enjoy the music? I must admit I am disappointed that there was effectively zero carry-over from the rest of the fanchise to Halo 4, But when you really think about it, Its appropriate; The other games are about the Covenant, Halo 4 is about the Forerunners. On the other hand, Halo never ceased to be about Master Chief, so there should at least be something from the other games.

That being said, I like the music of Halo 4 no less than that of the rest of the franchise. The Trilogy, ODST, Wars, and Reach each bring their uniqueness to the franchise, and I think Halo 4 takes it one step further.

That being said, Here's one of my favorite tracks from Halo 4:

Back to top Go down
Thomas_Z
Technician
Technician
Thomas_Z

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/18/2013, 12:37 am

7/10 I personally like the very first Halo theme the most, but I still like the movie like soundtrack of the 4th game(wish they had made a movie out of it instead tough).

So, let's turn away from Halo music for a while and listen to some other awesomeness!

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/18/2013, 10:13 pm

The world needs more music like that. 10/10.

And this forum needs more music like this:

Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/19/2013, 7:05 am

6/10 - I can't do slow, ponderous or understated. Perhaps you like ambience, Richie, but I can't get behind it.

This next selection is a short track from the Planetes soundtrack. If nobody on this forum has neither seen nor heard of Planetes before, it aired in 2004 and got a heavily remastered Blu-Ray re-release in 2009 and the guy at OZC Anime recently produced a dual audio batch torrent (available in 720p and 1080p, so go watch it). It's a series about debris collectors working in low earth orbit. Mankind's expansion into space has left lots of dangerous debris all over the place that a bunch of under-appreciated workers have to handle, but this is mostly a framing device for a larger story about mankind's relationship with space as well as the various character threads (most of the cast is very well-rounded). As a general warning, this show is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; the situations are harsh, the conflicts human and the director pulls no punches (and wouldn't you know it, it's Goro Taniguchi, the guy who directed Code GEASS). It's a very seinen sort of show that caters a little more to adult tastes, but that shouldn't be a problem.

So yeah. Here's the track, Urgent Mission. Starts with some discordant ambience and then it brings in the steel drums, french horns, strings, wood flute and a freaking theremin. The sounds are diverse and they grab your attention.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty1/19/2013, 5:23 pm

...eh. 5/10. It sounded like it would fit the animation it went to pretty well, but it was just "meh" on its own.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Music Appreciation Game
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum :: The Elite Mechaniers :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: