The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby Chunkblaster 5/9/2024, 12:06 am

» General WIPs
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
New Games/Gaming News Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
New Games/Gaming News Vote_lcapNew Games/Gaming News Voting_barNew Games/Gaming News Vote_rcap 
BiO
New Games/Gaming News Vote_lcapNew Games/Gaming News Voting_barNew Games/Gaming News Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

New Games/Gaming News

Go down 
+6
LTE the Mechanier
Ariklego
RichTheWolf257
JakTheMad
BiO
Eroomdivad
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

New Games/Gaming News Empty
PostSubject: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/4/2012, 6:40 am

So you know about a new game and you want to tell the rest of us?
So you have some news related to gaming and you wanna share/discuss it?
Then this is the place to do it.

Welcome. Joyful
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/4/2012, 6:45 am

Just discovered this:
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1220860p1.html

Ratchet and Clank PS3 Collection. Very Happy
Face it, it was going to happen eventually.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/4/2012, 8:03 pm

AAAAAWWWWWWWYEAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I loved the Ratchet and Clank games, and this gives me the perfect excuse to replay them. I'm also gonna see about getting the Jak and Daxter HD collection. Those two games along with the Sly Cooper series pretty much defined my PS2 experience. I think my dad even went to the midnight release of Sly 3.

Though I'm hoping it will be released sooner than fall. If not, I'll just ask for it for my birthday. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/4/2012, 9:21 pm

BiO wrote:
AAAAAWWWWWWWYEAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I loved the Ratchet and Clank games, and this gives me the perfect excuse to replay them. I'm also gonna see about getting the Jak and Daxter HD collection. Those two games along with the Sly Cooper series pretty much defined my PS2 experience. I think my dad even went to the midnight release of Sly 3.

Though I'm hoping it will be released sooner than fall. If not, I'll just ask for it for my birthday. Laughing
I've already got the Sly Collection. Very Happy

Sly 4 comes out in your fall, BTW.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/4/2012, 9:39 pm

One more thing to add to my early list... Cute
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/5/2012, 4:54 am

Meanwhile, I still wait for December 2012...

Halo 4!
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/11/2012, 6:53 pm

JakTheMad wrote:
Meanwhile, I still wait for December 2012...

Halo 4!
I'm waiting for HALO 4 to come out also. I'm interested in HALO, but i've never played it before. I sure hope HALO 4 will be available for PC; I don't want to have to go out and buy an Xbox.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/11/2012, 9:27 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:

I'm waiting for HALO 4 to come out also. I'm interested in HALO, but i've never played it before. I sure hope HALO 4 will be available for PC; I don't want to have to go out and buy an Xbox.
I can give you a near-certain answer for that; it will be Xbox360 exclusive. There are certain brand names for companies (Halo for Microsoft, Mario and derivatives for Nintendo, Ratchet and Clank for Sony, and more) that will never, EVER be cross platformed. It's like their bread and butter; if Halo went to PC, there would be a very odd unbalancing that would likely end up with them losing money.

Games that are indie or from larger companies (like TES/Fallout for Bethesda, Portal/Half-Life/L4D for Valve, THQ, Rockstar, squareEnix/Edios) can be made available on multiple systems because they either aren't owned by the makers of the Big 3 consoles, or they are owned by EA, in which case things are immediately complicated and skewed towards making more money.

TL;DR, Whee! Look at all the game names I know!
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/12/2012, 4:57 am

Agreed with BiO here. Btw, the very first Halo was made on PC, but once the XBOX launched it was moved into an XBOX only title. (also Richie, if you are interested in playing Halo now, the first one was brought out in an aniversary edition, which is available on the PC)
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/12/2012, 3:29 pm

BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

I can give you a near-certain answer for that; it will be Xbox360 exclusive. There are certain brand names for companies (Halo for Microsoft, Mario and derivatives for Nintendo, Ratchet and Clank for Sony, and more) that will never, EVER be cross platformed. It's like their bread and butter; if Halo went to PC, there would be a very odd unbalancing that would likely end up with them losing money.

Games that are indie or from larger companies (like TES/Fallout for Bethesda, Portal/Half-Life/L4D for Valve, THQ, Rockstar, squareEnix/Edios) can be made available on multiple systems because they either aren't owned by the makers of the Big 3 consoles, or they are owned by EA, in which case things are immediately complicated and skewed towards making more money.

Ah, But aparrently you forget! Halo 1 went PC. Perhaps, in good time, Halo 4 shal too go PC.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/12/2012, 6:03 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Ah, But aparrently you forget! Halo 1 went PC. Perhaps, in good time, Halo 4 shal too go PC.
My answer still stands: Halo 4 will likely NOT be available for PC. The timing of it being released in relation to the Xbox720 being released is odd to say the least, but I will still be very, very surprised if it is anything other than Xbox exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/12/2012, 11:45 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:

That'd be like Infamous or Ratchet and Clank on PC, Richie, it just doesn't happen for economic reasons. They're trying to get you to buy an Xbox, just like how Mario and Pokemon aren't on Playstation because Nintendo wants you to get a 3DS or Wii. I know that Windows is also a Microsoft product but you're less likely to swap from Apple to PC because of a game, whereas swapping PS to Xbox is more likely. Sorry, Richie, but that's just how business rolls.

Anyway, who here has played Infamous 1 or 2?
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/13/2012, 3:53 pm

BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

My answer still stands: Halo 4 will likely NOT be available for PC. The timing of it being released in relation to the Xbox720 being released is odd to say the least, but I will still be very, very surprised if it is anything other than Xbox exclusive.
Xbox 720? Yeesh! They really want us to spend money, dont they? Oy, Vey! And the 360 is still relatively new! Next thing you know, Windows 7 will go out of date!
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/13/2012, 5:51 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Xbox 720? Yeesh! They really want us to spend money, dont they? Oy, Vey! And the 360 is still relatively new! Next thing you know, Windows 7 will go out of date!
Already done, Windows 8 is in beta testing.

Also, the 360 isn't new at all... It's been around for a good seven years now.

How much of a gamer are you?
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/13/2012, 7:32 pm

BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
BiO wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Already done, Windows 8 is in beta testing.

Also, the 360 isn't new at all... It's been around for a good seven years now.

How much of a gamer are you?
Not as much as i have apparently led you to believe. I only got really ito it in the past year and a half. ^^;
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/25/2012, 8:44 pm

Well, in something that loosely fits into gaming news, Sid Meyer's Civilization V is on sale on Steam for $7.50 (I'm not fluent in other forms of currency, sorry Sad ). I've been playing it a bit, and I'm strongly considering getting the GOTY edition for $12.50. It's quite a fun game.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/25/2012, 11:45 pm

BiO wrote:
Well, in something that loosely fits into gaming news, Sid Meyer's Civilization V is on sale on Steam for $7.50 (I'm not fluent in other forms of currency, sorry Sad ). I've been playing it a bit, and I'm strongly considering getting the GOTY edition for $12.50. It's quite a fun game.

yeah, it's a pretty fun game. it's a bit odd compared to other RTS games I've played Age of Empires, Axis & Allies, etc.), but still fun.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/26/2012, 1:56 am

Ehm, I wouldn't label it an RTS game; it really is turn-based. Sorry to be nit-picky, but it bothers me that the distinction isn't made between these two. Heck, I've seen games listed as both RTS and turn-based, when I know they're only one.

Sorry, I dunno why I became so passionate about that for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty5/26/2012, 11:21 am

I didn't it was. but hey, I'm not terribly knowledgeable on this subject. all I know is that "Real-Time Strategy" is about the best category I know to fit it into, hence why I did so. Razz
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty7/16/2012, 12:02 pm

So I've got an information dump to throw on you guys.

First off, the Steam Summer Sale is happening RIGHT NOW, also known as the gamer's virtual heaven and the time when people's bank accounts are quickly drained of most of their contents. I myself have been found guilty of throwing obscene amounts of money at my computer screen from the shear incredibleness of these deals. I highly suggest you look at it, and just in case you aren't on Steam, join RIGHT NOW.

As a result of my buying spree, I've acquired Q.U.B.E, Frozen Synapse, Legend of Grimrock, and Fallout: New Vegas. I've still got some money left, so there will probably be another purchase somewhere in there.

Speaking of Legend of Grimrock, I bought expecting an awesome character management system and memorable environment. I got that, but as an unexpected bonus, I received an awesome soundtrack. Take a listen.

Yeah... Very Happy

Final bit of information, a new game recently caught my sights: Quantum Conundrum. Has anyone here played it? If you have, what did you think of it? I love games like it, and I've heard many a good thing from some fairly prominent resources.

That's about it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty7/17/2012, 7:30 am

BiO wrote:
So I've got an information dump to throw on you guys.
Oi! Stop throwing stuff on me! Razz

Actually, I only recently got Steam, because I bought Terraria (awesome game). And I agree, Quantum looks epic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty7/17/2012, 7:34 am

Just tried the demo of QQ, its pretty d*** awesome, but hard to describe - you need to get it to really understand.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty7/17/2012, 7:37 am

JakTheMad wrote:
Just tried the demo of QQ, its pretty d*** awesome, but hard to describe - you need to get it to really understand.
Quantum Quunundrum? Laughing
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty7/17/2012, 9:54 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
JakTheMad wrote:
Quantum Quunundrum? Laughing

I know what I meant! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty11/21/2012, 1:27 am

I got me an ACIII!
Yayz, more murderising.

I'll tell you guys what I think once I've played a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Games/Gaming News   New Games/Gaming News Empty

Back to top Go down

New Games/Gaming News
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next