The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
The Questions Thread! Emptyby Chunkblaster 5/9/2024, 12:06 am

» General WIPs
The Questions Thread! Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
The Questions Thread! Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
The Questions Thread! Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
The Questions Thread! Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
The Questions Thread! Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
The Questions Thread! Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
The Questions Thread! Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
The Questions Thread! Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
The Questions Thread! Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
The Questions Thread! Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
The Questions Thread! Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
The Questions Thread! Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
The Questions Thread! Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
The Questions Thread! Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
The Questions Thread! Vote_lcapThe Questions Thread! Voting_barThe Questions Thread! Vote_rcap 
BiO
The Questions Thread! Vote_lcapThe Questions Thread! Voting_barThe Questions Thread! Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

The Questions Thread!

Go down 
+4
Eroomdivad
Chen-Chen
Brickbrycebrick
BiO
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

The Questions Thread! Empty
PostSubject: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty3/29/2012, 12:27 pm

This is just a little thread for you to post questions pertaining for the forum itself, and I will try to answer them for you. Don't know how to change your avatar? Wondering how ranks work? I'll try to answer, explain, and clarify any issues you may have. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brickbrycebrick
Technician
Technician
Brickbrycebrick

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/4/2012, 8:30 pm

Why do I have to be on here a week before I can post a link?
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/4/2012, 8:42 pm

Brickbrycebrick wrote:
Why do I have to be on here a week before I can post a link?
I believe that is a restriction set up by Forumotion, mainly to prevent spamming/trolling. I'll look into changing this around if I can, but for now we'll just have to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Chen-Chen
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Chen-Chen

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/5/2012, 11:22 am

how is this diffrent from mocpages srry im new to btoh of these sites and hab no clue
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/5/2012, 2:46 pm

Chen-Chen wrote:
how is this diffrent from mocpages srry im new to btoh of these sites and hab no clue
Well, MOCpages is designed to be a gallery with some very basic and ineffective messaging systems in the form of comments and groups, whereas this is a forum designed solely for socializing with others and with no gallery aspects at all.
Back to top Go down
Chen-Chen
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Chen-Chen

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/5/2012, 3:20 pm

I meant how is this different than groups and comments?
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/5/2012, 3:54 pm

Chen-Chen wrote:
I meant how is this different than groups and comments?
It will be operating a lot differently, as we'll be organized into one community with multiple threads, rather than one website, multiple communities, and creations to comment on.
Back to top Go down
Chen-Chen
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Chen-Chen

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/5/2012, 5:43 pm

Hmm it just seems tedoius to me to have two places thats all.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/5/2012, 7:13 pm

Two things (saving space like a boss) Cool :

1. Where is the chat box? Wonder EDIT: Wait, don't worry, I found it. Very Happy

2. Could you add a 'people online' so I know who I could chat to if I could theoretically find the box? EDIT: Call me a herp-a-derp but I found the box now too.

Make that three...

3. After I post it sends me to a page with two links (Titled 'Information'), but about a second later it sends me back to the thread. Question mark?

Last edited by Eroomdivad on 4/5/2012, 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More problem solved...)
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/5/2012, 7:47 pm

The "Information" page happens on every forumotion community I'm affiliated with, so I don't think I can change it.

Also, answering your question from the GC thread, the "Intelligence of Posts" of an individual user can be raised or lowered by the little "+" and "-" signs in the upper right-hand corner of every post. Clicking on the icons will, respectively, lower or raise the rating for that particular post, adding or detracting from that user's "Intelligence of Posts". I meant to mention this in my forum changes announcement, but I forgot. Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/6/2012, 5:48 pm

Greetings Mon Capitan! How do i add an icon like you have? I refuse to remain faceless!

"Woof!" -Me Cute
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/6/2012, 6:02 pm

Scroll to the top of the page and click on "Profile". From there, find the "Avatar" sub-menu. It's generally better to choose an avatar from your computer rather than from a url.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/6/2012, 11:00 pm

BiO wrote:
Scroll to the top of the page and click on "Profile". From there, find the "Avatar" sub-menu. It's generally better to choose an avatar from your computer rather than from a url.
Thanks. Good to know. Joyful EDIT: Avatar Added!
Back to top Go down
Chen-Chen
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Chen-Chen

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/9/2012, 6:39 pm

By the way in he moc pages group they are three admins why are you the only admin here?
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/9/2012, 7:03 pm

Chen-Chen wrote:
By the way in he moc pages group they are three admins why are you the only admin here?
I've done this because I know that the other two admins over there won't know enough about being a forum admin. I'm eventually going to make them moderators and then admins after that, but for now, I'd like to observe everything on the forum for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/10/2012, 5:14 am

BiO wrote:
Chen-Chen wrote:
I've done this because I know that the other two admins over there won't know enough about being a forum admin. I'm eventually going to make them moderators and then admins after that, but for now, I'd like to observe everything on the forum for a bit.
Yup, I got no clue. =D
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/10/2012, 6:31 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
BiO wrote:
Chen-Chen wrote:
Yup, I got no clue. =D
Soon, ED, very soon...
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/11/2012, 5:27 am

BiO wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
BiO wrote:
Chen-Chen wrote:
Yup, I got no clue. =D
Soon, ED, very soon...
Soon!? Gah! I'm not ready... Surprised

Oh, and you got another star.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/11/2012, 10:42 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
BiO wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
BiO wrote:
Chen-Chen wrote:
Yup, I got no clue. =D
Soon, ED, very soon...

Don't worry, I'll train you for it. Smile

And yes, I got the star when I reached 50 posts.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/12/2012, 2:47 am

BiO wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
BiO wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
BiO wrote:
Chen-Chen wrote:
Yup, I got no clue. =D
Soon, ED, very soon...

Don't worry, I'll train you for it. Smile

And yes, I got the star when I reached 50 posts.
One does not simply become a moderator without training. Laughing

Anyway, I actually have a question to ask. You know how there are adds on the forum now, I want to know how we got to one million vists so fast... And why IQ is measured with colour blindness tests... And if I'd better click on button before time runes out (no typo by me). Soon we'll be getting 'Dermatologists hate her' and 'one tip of a fat belly'. Pff
So did you put ads on or was it forummotion and if you did who's getting the profits? (Me no likey derp ads)
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/12/2012, 11:43 am

I have not set up any means of payment between myself and forumotion, nor do I intend to. I've minimized the space on the forum by which ads can populate. Where exactly are you seeing ads?

I would suggest downloading a reputable Adblock plug-in for your browser, as it generally helps clear out any unwanted ads.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/13/2012, 4:46 am

BiO wrote:
I have not set up any means of payment between myself and forumotion, nor do I intend to. I've minimized the space on the forum by which ads can populate. Where exactly are you seeing ads?

I would suggest downloading a reputable Adblock plug-in for your browser, as it generally helps clear out any unwanted ads.
Yeah I would get an adblocker but they aren't that annoying. They're in a box under the scrolling text.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/13/2012, 11:07 am

Hmm. Well, when I minimized the ad space, that section disappeared for me. Shocked I'll have to look into it again.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/13/2012, 3:32 pm

I can still see the one at the top.

it shouldn't matter too much. some of them have seemed a bit... suspicious ("Free iPod! click here!"), but they haven't been bad otherwise.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty4/13/2012, 3:47 pm

Ariklego wrote:
I can still see the one at the top.

it shouldn't matter too much. some of them have seemed a bit... suspicious ("Free iPod! click here!"), but they haven't been bad otherwise.
Yeah, pretty much all ads should be viewed as suspicious. Just don't click on any of them. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Questions Thread!   The Questions Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Questions Thread!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next