A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
by Quantum Industries 8/2/2017, 8:50 pm

» General WIPs
by Quantum Industries 4/26/2017, 8:01 pm

» Quantum Projects
by Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
by Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
by Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
by Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
by Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
by Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
by RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
by Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
by RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
by RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
by TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
by Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
by TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
 
BiO
 
Eroomdivad
 
Klushots
 
Ariklego
 
LTE the Mechanier
 
JakTheMad
 
TF Twitch
 
Quantum Industries
 
Thomas_Z
 
Top posting users this week

Share | 
 

 Mech Tech Database

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 27
Location : Panama City, Florida

PostSubject: Mech Tech Database   12/14/2012, 1:57 am

Share and discuss new and existing technology, be it fictional, theoretical, or actual. This user generated tech-reference database/ forum is here with specifically mecha tech in mind
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 20
Location : Australia someplace

PostSubject: Legopolis Tech's Tech: Neuro-Link, Protomag and Heavy Light   12/18/2012, 12:34 am

Here's some of LT's stuff:

Neuro-Link
The method by which LT's minimechs are piloted. It relies on two parts, AEEGfMRI scanners (Advanced Electroencephalography and Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging) which 'read' the minds of the pilot in the control pod (like Avatar sort of) and the entangled particles that are used to send signals instantaneously between the mech and the pilot pod.

Protomag
The main resource that LT needs to keep mechs operational. It has the unique property of turning heat into electricity. Most of it comes from Morhdia's sole moon, which is made of protomag. It is used as a coolant and in generators. Protomag grenades and protomag-based blasters have the unique property of electrocuting and freezing their targets simultaneously, they are not popular because they quite expensive to manufacture, however.

Heavy Light
So we took photons and we gave them mass. Breaking the laws of science, it's what we do here. Anyway, they turn out to be quite useful. You can make shielding, laser weapons (both ranged and melee) and thrusters. Blue light is most commonly used, because higher frequency light is too power consuming. Lower frequency light disperses more and does less damage, however it uses less power.

More detail on these technologies can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/19/2012, 4:50 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
Here's some of LT's stuff:

Neuro-Link
The method by which LT's minimechs are piloted. It relies on two parts, AEEGfMRI scanners (Advanced Electroencephalography and Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging) which 'read' the minds of the pilot in the control pod (like Avatar sort of) and the entangled particles that are used to send signals instantaneously between the mech and the pilot pod.

Protomag
The main resource that LT needs to keep mechs operational. It has the unique property of turning heat into electricity. Most of it comes from Morhdia's sole moon, which is made of protomag. It is used as a coolant and in generators. Protomag grenades and protomag-based blasters have the unique property of electrocuting and freezing their targets simultaneously, they are not popular because they quite expensive to manufacture, however.

Heavy Light
So we took photons and we gave them mass. Breaking the laws of science, it's what we do here. Anyway, they turn out to be quite useful. You can make shielding, laser weapons (both ranged and melee) and thrusters. Blue light is most commonly used, because higher frequency light is too power consuming. Lower frequency light disperses more and does less damage, however it uses less power.

More detail on these technologies can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Question: Do your space vessels utilize any kind of Protomag weaponry?

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 20
Location : Australia someplace

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/19/2012, 10:55 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Question: Do your space vessels utilize any kind of Protomag weaponry?

No, the extreme cold of (most of) space makes them pretty ineffective as most other ships can already handle extreme cold and electrical charges. Heavy Light beams, especially continuous beam cutters, have been found to be most effective.

It should be noted that in the Theran Strike canon LT doesn't go to space because it is too difficult to travel through the ash cloud, the farthest they go is the protomag moon.

And it you're trying to work out how to combat my role-play race, then I should mention that I'm not playing as LT, I'm going to use a new race (don't worry, it's not Artemis... it's worse Razz ).

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/19/2012, 11:15 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Question: Do your space vessels utilize any kind of Protomag weaponry?

No, the extreme cold of (most of) space makes them pretty ineffective as most other ships can already handle extreme cold and electrical charges. Heavy Light beams, especially continuous beam cutters, have been found to be most effective.

It should be noted that in the Theran Strike canon LT doesn't go to space because it is too difficult to travel through the ash cloud, the farthest they go is the protomag moon.

And it you're trying to work out how to combat my role-play race, then I should mention that I'm not playing as LT, I'm going to use a new race (don't worry, it's not Artemis... it's worse Razz ).

OK, but you're still using good old LT Technology, right? If not, then I'm REALLY anxious to se what you have up your sleeve!

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 20
Location : Australia someplace

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/19/2012, 11:30 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
OK, but you're still using good old LT Technology, right? If not, then I'm REALLY anxious to se what you have up your sleeve!
I think you'll be pleasantly terrified. Here's a clue as to the style of them:
7/9

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/19/2012, 11:38 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
OK, but you're still using good old LT Technology, right? If not, then I'm REALLY anxious to se what you have up your sleeve!
I think you'll be pleasantly terrified. Here's a clue as to the style of them:
7/9
7/9? My Trekkie-ness reads that as "Seven of Nine" whch leads me to believe you'll be attacking me with cubes and spheres.

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 20
Location : Australia someplace

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/19/2012, 11:41 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
7/9? My Trekkie-ness reads that as "Seven of Nine" whch leads me to believe you'll be attacking me with cubes and spheres.
I'm not very good at being obscure am I?
Not so much cubes and spheres (how the heck do you make a sphere out of Lego?), but yes, assimilation is involved.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/20/2012, 1:20 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
7/9? My Trekkie-ness reads that as "Seven of Nine" whch leads me to believe you'll be attacking me with cubes and spheres.
I'm not very good at being obscure am I?
Not so much cubes and spheres (how the heck do you make a sphere out of Lego?), but yes, assimilation is involved.
Well, If I have anything to do with it, Resistance will prove not to be futile.

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 20
Location : Australia someplace

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/20/2012, 2:35 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Well, If I have anything to do with it, Resistance will prove not to be futile.
Well once you and Arik get the *wink wink* role-play working *nudge nudge* we'll see.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/20/2012, 4:00 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Well, If I have anything to do with it, Resistance will prove not to be futile.
Well once you and Arik get the *wink wink* role-play working *nudge nudge* we'll see.
We'll have it up and running this upcomming Spring. Er, uhm... For those uof us that live in the Southern hemisphere, that's this comming Autumn. Hopefully, I'l have a respectible army built and up on MOCPages by then. :/

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 20
Location : Australia someplace

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/20/2012, 6:51 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
We'll have it up and running this upcomming Spring. Er, uhm... For those uof us that live in the Southern hemisphere, that's this comming Autumn. Hopefully, I'l have a respectible army built and up on MOCPages by then. :/
I'd better get to work then.
And I though you called it Fall?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   12/20/2012, 11:58 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
We'll have it up and running this upcomming Spring. Er, uhm... For those uof us that live in the Southern hemisphere, that's this comming Autumn. Hopefully, I'l have a respectible army built and up on MOCPages by then. :/
I'd better get to work then.
And I though you called it Fall?
We Americans can go either way.

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2013-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/11/2013, 4:50 am

'Merca!

I have created my own Gundam universe that is set in the 23rd Century, A.D. I have tried to make the technology as plausible as possible so that it seems more realistic.

Mobile Core units: The predecessor to the Mobile Suit. These are based on civilian construction mechs and are somewhat humanoid in shape. They are initially used to supplement standard military forces (tanks, infantry, etc.), but are later used as an exclusive front-line and standalone unit. Mobile Cores are powered by a rechargeable battery unit.

Mobile Suits: Once Mobile Suits are introduced, most other forms of military equipment are rendered obsolete. The first generations of Mobile Suits use physical weapons and firearms, but beam weapons are introduced later. Like the Mobile Cores before them, the majority of Mobile Suits are powered by rechargeable battery units.

Beam Weapons: The first generation beam firearms are powered by a combination of the Mobile Suit and rechargeable E-Packs. The Mobile Suits have special plugs in their hands that connect to the firearm. The formation of the beam is facilitated by the E-Packs. Melee beam weapons also have the special plug and are powered by the Mobile Suit's power generator. The melee weapons utilize a form of I-Field technology.

Zero-Shift: Zero Shift is a special and experimental system that is rarely utilized. It functions by compressing space, and then rapidly expanding it. This propels the object at a very high velocity, and gives the illusion of instantly teleporting over short distances (a few miles), and a few second delay over greater distances.

All of this technology and the equipment that utilizes them can be further explored in my MOCs over on MOCpages. Yes, yes, that is my shameless self-advertisement. If there are any suggestions, please let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/11/2013, 7:34 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
'Merca!

Zero-Shift: Zero Shift is a special and experimental system that is rarely utilized. It functions by compressing space, and then rapidly expanding it. This propels the object at a very high velocity, and gives the illusion of instantly teleporting over short distances (a few miles), and a few second delay over greater distances.

All of this technology and the equipment that utilizes them can be further explored in my MOCs over on MOCpages. Yes, yes, that is my shameless self-advertisement. If there are any suggestions, please let me know!

Cool! That Zero-Sbift thing reminds me of a 25th century projectile-weapon concept I came up with to eventually replace the Rail-gun. Its called the "Warp Cannon" It operates by generating a micro-wormhole and sending an explosive device through it striaght to the target.

The only disadvantage is that the wormhole can be disrupted by a common deflector shield, causing the device to emerge prematurely.

The most common type of Warp Cannon Projectile is a standard High-Explosive charge. However, some especially tough targets require a little more firepower, ranging anywhere from Variable-Yeild Plasma-Warheads to the powerful "Supernova Bomb"

The Supernova Bomb is exactly what it sounds like; The warhead consists of a miniature neutron-star, which implodes upon impact, generating a massive photonic shockwave which plasmates everything within a 10 km radius.

The resulting chain reaction could probably put the Death Star out of comission for a few centuries.

As I said, this is all 25th Century stuff, so don't expect to be Supernova-Bombed any time soon.

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
Quantum Industries
Technician
Technician
avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2012-11-08
Age : 27
Location : Panama City, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/11/2013, 9:54 pm

The supernova bomb sounds a little too ambitious to be plausible.

The end result of the the SuperN Bomb detonation, 'no matter how small the warhead', would be the obliteration of at least a quarter of a solar system and residual radiation, heat, energy, and matter that would make the solar system virtually uninhabitable. The matter left behind, just one atom would weigh more than all of the earth’s cars combined. Unless it’s being used in a war between solar systems or galaxies, I can’t see something such as that coming to fruition.

The Variable-Yield Plasma-Warhead on the other hand, I can see with great clarity happening
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2013-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/12/2013, 2:05 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Cool! That Zero-Sbift thing reminds me of a 25th century projectile-weapon concept I came up with to eventually replace the Rail-gun. Its called the "Warp Cannon" It operates by generating a micro-wormhole and sending an explosive device through it striaght to the target.

The only disadvantage is that the wormhole can be disrupted by a common deflector shield, causing the device to emerge prematurely.

The idea for Zero-Shift actually comes from the Zone of the Enders game series. I simplified it and cut out the "Vector Trap" part of it that creates a storage vacuum.

The Warp Cannon sounds cool, and I can see some humorous situations in which a common deflector shield is used.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2013-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/12/2013, 2:09 am

Quantum Industries wrote:
The supernova bomb sounds a little too ambitious to be plausible.

The end result of the the SuperN Bomb detonation, 'no matter how small the warhead', would be the obliteration of at least a quarter of a solar system and residual radiation, heat, energy, and matter that would make the solar system virtually uninhabitable. The matter left behind, just one atom would weigh more than all of the earth’s cars combined. Unless it’s being used in a war between solar systems or galaxies, I can’t see something such as that coming to fruition.

The Variable-Yield Plasma-Warhead on the other hand, I can see with great clarity happening

You beat me to it! I agree that the SuperNova Bomb would have larger affects than just a 10/15km blast radius. Just make sure that the sender plays "Supernova Goes Pop" by Powerman 5000 or "Symphony of Destruction" by Megadeth. Service with a smile!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/12/2013, 5:03 pm

TF Twitch wrote:
Quantum Industries wrote:
The supernova bomb sounds a little too ambitious to be plausible.

The end result of the the SuperN Bomb detonation, 'no matter how small the warhead', would be the obliteration of at least a quarter of a solar system and residual radiation, heat, energy, and matter that would make the solar system virtually uninhabitable. The matter left behind, just one atom would weigh more than all of the earth’s cars combined. Unless it’s being used in a war between solar systems or galaxies, I can’t see something such as that coming to fruition.

The Variable-Yield Plasma-Warhead on the other hand, I can see with great clarity happening

You beat me to it! I agree that the SuperNova Bomb would have larger affects than just a 10/15km blast radius. Just make sure that the sender plays "Supernova Goes Pop" by Powerman 5000 or "Symphony of Destruction" by Megadeth. Service with a smile!

@ Quantum Industries, I fail to see how that would be the case; You can only fit a finite number of neutrons into a given amount of space, and Neutron Stars are more a phenomenon of density than of mass or size.

Also, I should've specified that the SuperN Bomb A) is not intended to be plausible, and B) The Bomb's N-Star has Sub-Critical Density. What I mean by "Sub-Critical" is that if the Warhead were separated from the Projectile, it would just hamlessly fizzle out, due to not having enough mass to hold itself together.

@ Both, You are partially correct. The Initial explosion is only 10km in radius, but the Chain-Reaction AoE is about the size of a planet (any given planet is aplicable here, becasue the Super N eats matter like... well... Like a hungry supernova)

And yeah, The long term residual effect would affect about 1/4 of a solar system. The SuperN Bomb is a Superweapon reserved for last-ditch efforts in deep-space combat.

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 20
Location : Australia someplace

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/12/2013, 6:59 pm

Getting into mutually assured destruction weapons are we Richie?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/12/2013, 10:23 pm

Eroomdivad wrote:
Getting into mutually assured destruction weapons are we Richie?
The only way you'll have to put up with the Supernova Bomb-- or for that matter any Warp-Cannon projectiles --Is if you somehow manage to delay your inevitable defeat for about... I don't know... 300 YEARS.

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2013-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/15/2013, 12:43 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:
Getting into mutually assured destruction weapons are we Richie?
The only way you'll have to put up with the Supernova Bomb-- or for that matter any Warp-Cannon projectiles --Is if you somehow manage to delay your inevitable defeat for about... I don't know... 300 YEARS.

300 years seems like enough time to postpone your defeat and come up with a new battle strategy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-04-03
Age : 20
Location : Australia someplace

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/15/2013, 3:22 am

3 Centuries? Plenty of time to find a way to emp your warp-cannons. Quantum Field Disruptors anyone? Wow, I just made up a whole new tech on the fly. Well, here's the idea being as this is the tech topic:

Quantum Field Disruptor
The QFD is LT's equivalent of the EMP in the interstellar era. The device uses properties of pure element 119 when mixed with water to create a shockwave on the quantum scale. What the wave does is warp the strength of the strong nuclear force to make the x, y and z dimensions of the universe flex, the effect looks somewhat like a camera shot through a fish-eye lens that is constantly shifting it's focus. If too much 119 is used it is theoretically possible to destabilise the sub-atomic particles that make up atoms to such an extent as to create sub-atomic fission. This would cause explosions scales of magnitude larger than that of an atomic fission weapon (a nuclear bomb or atom bomb), or even an atomic fusion weapon (the h-bomb or thermonuclear bomb). In theory such a large amount could also flex the t dimension. That is to say, it could warp time.
Luckily, the more 119 there is any area of space the more fundamentally unstable that area becomes, even before the 119 is mixed with water. The amount needed to create a subatomic bomb would destroy the device used to detonate it, and indeed drag all matter in the surrounding area into a singularity before it could even be brought together. The amount used in QFDs in only enough to disrupt any quantum devices within it's range, this includes quantum computers (which are commonplace in the interstellar age, and are used in all mechs), quantum tunnelling devices (teleporters) and heavy-light batteries.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 217
Join date : 2012-06-30
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/15/2013, 11:39 am

Well, this has been a rather interesting discussion. I thought I'd jump in with an idea of mine that will probably never come to fruition... but we'll see.
"The Weapon" is a highly powerful Electron, Proton, and Neutron storage/manipulation device. It's pretty much capable of transmuting and creating any substance in the universe, as well as being capable of forming new atoms. So basically this is a superweapon of massive proportions.
Now you might ask how the protons, electrons, and neutrons would be kept from mixing and forming new atoms. It's simple really. "The Weapon" captures available atoms inside an energy net. Then the atoms are split into protons, etc. The protons, etc. are stored separately and kept from mixing with the elements/atoms that form the weapon by charged energy fields. The neutrons are the most complicated to store, since there is no energy charge that naturally repels it. Instead, the neutrons are kept in place by a gravity well generator.
So that's how I rendered all your super weapons effectively obsolete. Say hello to the big gun.

_________________
Signing off...
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2013-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   2/15/2013, 11:48 am

LTE the Mechanier wrote:
Well, this has been a rather interesting discussion. I thought I'd jump in with an idea of mine that will probably never come to fruition... but we'll see.
"The Weapon" is a highly powerful Electron, Proton, and Neutron storage/manipulation device. It's pretty much capable of transmuting and creating any substance in the universe, as well as being capable of forming new atoms. So basically this is a superweapon of massive proportions.
Now you might ask how the protons, electrons, and neutrons would be kept from mixing and forming new atoms. It's simple really. "The Weapon" captures available atoms inside an energy net. Then the atoms are split into protons, etc. The protons, etc. are stored separately and kept from mixing with the elements/atoms that form the weapon by charged energy fields. The neutrons are the most complicated to store, since there is no energy charge that naturally repels it. Instead, the neutrons are kept in place by a gravity well generator.
So that's how I rendered all your super weapons effectively obsolete. Say hello to the big gun.

Okay, so it basically works by absorbing all matter and separating them (safely, I presume) down to their smallest particles. Okay, I got that. What about if a superweapon goes/gets detonated BEFORE this can be activated? Because most superweapons unleash the potential energy of their matter makeup (take a nuclear bomb, for example). Since your weapon captures MATTER, what does it do about the ENERGY that is unleashed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mech Tech Database   

Back to top Go down
 
Mech Tech Database
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Tech Paths
» Hot Toys Mech test Tony Stark. NEW!!!!
» sge and mech baird
» Hi tech miniatures
» Congrats on Mech Baird Andy.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum :: The Elite Mechaniers :: Mech Convo-
Jump to: