The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Vote_lcapMusic Appreciation Game - Page 4 Voting_barMusic Appreciation Game - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
BiO
Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Vote_lcapMusic Appreciation Game - Page 4 Voting_barMusic Appreciation Game - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

Music Appreciation Game

Go down 
+6
Eroomdivad
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
Thomas_Z
RichTheWolf257
BiO
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/5/2013, 5:09 pm

I like that. Nice tune, and I recognise it from somewhere. 8.5/10

Don't just leave it when it gets quiet, it comes back in awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/9/2013, 6:13 pm

I wouldn't necessarily call it awesome, but it's not terrible. Just not my style. 7.5/10.

Please to be ignoring the terrible lyrics interpretation ("Letters bout' to fall?" Really, lyrics interpreter guy? Really?). This was the only one I could find of the original that didn't have a changing image every 2 seconds with an ad for some guy's YouTube channel flashing on the bottom.

Back to top Go down
http://mocpages.com/home.php/84125
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/10/2013, 6:02 pm

Automatic 10/10.

Now, I'm going to break the rules here by posting two videos. Lets be clear that I'm not looking for a rating this time; I'm simply making a comparisson between two songs, and I want your input.

First, listen to this track from Halo: Reach;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Memorize it. Get it stuck in your head.

Now listen to this one from Halo 4, and pay VERY CLOSE ATTENTION. If you can think with your ears, you'll catch the paralell almost immediatly:

In short, ladies and guys, I have found the missing link! That one bit of music that connects Halo 4 to the rest of the franchise!
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/10/2013, 7:06 pm

I heard it. Tenuous, but still there. Good work, Rich. Maybe now I can buy Halo 4 with a clearer conscience. Wink

Anyway, since you didn't post one to rate I'll go again:

Again, there are some lyrical inaccuracies in the video, so just go ahead and ignore that (it's "scatter the masses," not "scatter ashes"). And yes it's actually two songs, but the album intro is supposed to go with it. The transition is a little choppy, but it's the best I could find by a wide margin.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/10/2013, 9:04 pm

Not quite to my taste, but still pretty damn good! I'll give it an 8/10.

Here's something you might like:

Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/11/2013, 4:15 pm

Not bad. 8/10.

However, in my opinion, one of the best rock bands (if not the best rock band) with female lead vocals is Evanescence. Exhibit A:

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/11/2013, 8:38 pm

Neutral 9/10

My previous post was Level 1 Cryoshell.

I think you're ready for level 3.

Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/13/2013, 4:43 pm

I dunno. I'm not really much of a fan of high, nasal-y voices. I'm also reminded of that time when the guys at Bionicle thought it would be a good idea to do the whole underwater squid thing (I can't even remember the name of it right now). Anyway, um... 8/10.

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/13/2013, 8:35 pm

"Nasal-y"? "Nasal-y"?! Christine Lorenzen isn't "Nasl-y," She's Danish. That's her accent you're hearing.

Anyhow, I'll give your post a 7/10. And on the Cryoshell Scale, it was about a Level-2.

So, Here's some Level-2 Cryoshell.

Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/13/2013, 10:21 pm

You got yourself a 9.2/10 that time.

Danish, eh? I know of another band that's Danish...

CONTENT WARNING!!! MODERATE CUSS-TYPE LANGUAGE!!! NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR THE FAINT OF BUTT!!!

The first line of the first verse is as "bad" as it gets though.

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/14/2013, 8:22 pm

Not bad. I think 9.2/10 sounds just about right. Something gives me the feeling that those guys sat right next to Christine in elementary school.

And as for that "cuss-type" language, Here's exactly one word of it more coming straight from the heart of Copenhagen:

(Just let me know when you're ready for Level 4, and I'll give it to you)
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/14/2013, 9:06 pm

Nice. 9.5/10.

So is this going to be a "Cryoshell vs. Anyone Else" deathmatch-type thing? Cool. I can safely say I'm entirely prepared for this "Level 4" you speak of. But first, a message from Shinedown:

I'm pretty sure this is exactly how just about every band meeting for every band goes...
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/15/2013, 12:12 am

More like "Cryoshell Vs Any Comparable Music Submitted by Klushots"

I think this is worthy of a 9.7/10

And now, The grand finale! Wait.. what was that?

*this is followed by a heated debate with myself as to wether to play "Come to My Heaven" or "Feed"*

After aproximately 8 minutes of listening we (I) have decided, by a majority of 0.51/1 vs 0.49/1, to present this:

Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/17/2013, 12:59 pm

9.8/10. I thought my body was ready. It was not.

Okay. Time for a change. Here's something I recently discovered. Unfortunately, the game it's from looks like a total ripoff despite its unique concept what with it requiring you to buy multiple $10 characters just to complete the game 100%. Still, dat drums.

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/17/2013, 6:33 pm

Klushots wrote:
I thought my body was ready. It was not.

I WIN!!! Laughing I'm so happy I'll give you a 10/10 just for the heck of it! Also, You'll be please to know that you got me hooked on Evanascence.

Anyhow, This calls for a celebration!

EDIT: I don't understand a word of those lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/19/2013, 4:17 pm

And I don't understand a frame of that video. 9/10 because I was thinking of that one fat guy dancing to it the whole time.

I know that the entire internet hates country music, but I'm gonna post this anyway because 'MURRICA!

Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/20/2013, 12:01 am

8/10

One might think that a song about everything that makes America the way it is (whilst ignoring all the crap we've got as well) would appeal to someone like me.

And it doesn't.

But that one shot at 2:28 where the guy helps the band by rotating the map 90 degrees, and it magically fixes all their problems... It pretty much made the video for me. Laughing

And now, for some epic game music.

Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/20/2013, 11:17 pm

7/10. It was ok, but it was a little repetitive. It did, however, remind of one of my favorites from the Sci-Fi world. Albeit vaguely.

Is anyone here familiar with "Gene Roddenberry's: Andromeda"?

Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty2/25/2013, 6:17 pm

7/10. Pretty repetitive and, to be completely honest, it started getting on my nerves after a while.

So... BiO doesn't like optimistic country music, huh? Well I guess I'll just have to camouflage it. Heh heh. Get it? 'Cause the song's name is...

Yep, I'll show myself out.

Dat Telecaster twang.
Back to top Go down
Forte
Technician
Technician
Forte

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty3/3/2013, 6:19 pm

7/10 - Instrumentals are respectable, but they're ruined the minute the guy starts singing (and isn't that just par for the course for so much music across all genres).

I'm going to counter in an effort to drum up interest for something you folks should be renting on either the Playstation Network or the Zune Marketplace. The first few seconds are spoiler-heavy so I suggest fast-forwarding to the 30-second mark. Ladies and gentlemen, the ending theme to Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Volume 6, RE: I Am by Aimer.

You don't have to like J-Alt, you just have to watch the damn OVA. Very Happy

Last edited by Forte on 3/20/2013, 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty3/5/2013, 4:12 pm

YouTube says Japan took the video away because they don't like us. I'll edit this post for a rating if you find a working video. Until then...

Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty3/7/2013, 11:24 pm

Ehghhheheghhg, 6/10

Lava bucket HOOOO! (Anyone to gets that reference is instantly my favorite.)
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty3/8/2013, 11:51 pm

I'm guessing Yogscast.
As for a rating, allow me to quote: "Ehghhheheghhg, 6/10." Pretty repetitive and I kept getting the feeling I was at a carnival. Never did like carnivals...

And now, something different. It will change your life. But just remember, whenever your children find you hiding in the corner of the padded room of some asylum in Maine or something, just remember that you brought this on yourself. Well, actually, I brought this on you. But you could argue over technicalities all night if you wanted to. I won't. I need to sleep. But you can. But one thing you can never do is be as manly as Gaston.

"Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair-hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair-hair..."
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty3/9/2013, 1:16 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
It was ok, but it was a little repetitive.

Klushots wrote:
Pretty repetitive and, to be completely honest, it started getting on my nerves after a while.

Klushots wrote:
Pretty repetitive and I kept getting the feeling I was at a carnival.

I think I just came down with a bad case of Deja Vu.

4/10. It was ok, but a little repeditive. That and it was just a little... Stupid.

I feel like making you cry now. I'll probably fail in doing so, but here's my best shot:

If you've seen this movie, I applaud you.
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty3/9/2013, 10:23 pm

5/10, okay until the vocals, then... Blegh, sorry, not for me.

The next track comes to you in the form of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I've taken a small trail off of my beaten musical path of electronic beats and game soundtracks, and found this guy named Stephen J. Anderson. His use of deep bass combined with my bass-centric headphones create an emotion I can only describe as bliss. This track is of the iconic song from the Hobbit (at least I think it's iconic; I never got around to seeing the movie DON'T KILL ME I'LL DO IT EVENTUALLY,) and I think he pulled it off quite nicely.

If nothing else, listen to it with a good pair of quality headphones and only to the bass voice that starts singing at the start. It seriously gives me chills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Appreciation Game   Music Appreciation Game - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Music Appreciation Game
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum :: The Elite Mechaniers :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: