The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
General WIPs - Page 5 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
General WIPs - Page 5 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 5 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
BiO
General WIPs - Page 5 Vote_lcapGeneral WIPs - Page 5 Voting_barGeneral WIPs - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

General WIPs

Go down 
+10
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Sylphion
Forte
JakTheMad
Eroomdivad
BiO
RichTheWolf257
LTE the Mechanier
Ariklego
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

General WIPs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty1/22/2013, 12:40 pm

Quantum Industries wrote:
I took a break from mecha development and created a piece of equipment, a Preemptive Assault Booster for Type-Zero and honestly, I couldn't be happier with the results. Smile

this piece was inspired by AC For Answer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

comments and criticism are welcome

Oh gods. I saw this and the Type-Zero. IT'S GLORIOUS! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! MARRY ME!
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty1/27/2013, 12:24 pm

Shameless self-bump:

Guess what's so special about the MOC I'm working on:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(suggestions are welcome)
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty1/27/2013, 6:40 pm

Sylphion wrote:
Shameless self-bump:

Well is sure looks like it could transform into a jet or something.
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty1/28/2013, 2:43 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
Sylphion wrote:
Shameless self-bump:

Well is sure looks like it could transform into a jet or something.

And that is exactly (well, almost) what it does!

I've spent a great deal of time trying to figure out a mechanism for the mech to at least appear transformable, the end result was this. Though admittedly, it is far from what I'd call an impressive system, it resembles a large attacker jet in it's plane mode. On the plus side, the transforming system gave it a breat deal of flexibility: it has more ability to hinge and rotate at it's waist area, and the limbs have better rotation range at it's joints to the torso. Like I said before, any suggestions, especially those that will help with the transformation mechanism will be greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty1/28/2013, 3:18 am

Well I reckon the guns need to be moved, the arms how they are make it look too mech-y.
And a longer and more tail-fin-like rear would be better.
As for actually doing any of that Forte would know the most about transforming mechs, because he's actually built quite a few (which happen to be my favourites of his mechs).
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty1/28/2013, 3:48 am

Major problem that prevents me from giving the rear a tail-fin design is that the space is already occupied by the hinging nose-cone. Ideally, the best solution to make it look likea jet as much as possible is to somehow move the torso further to the back and lower (so it'll be directly behind the hip/legs). It's possible for me to do that, but that will leave a really fragile/abnormally long 'spine' in between the hips and upper torso
Back to top Go down
graybandit
Initiate
Initiate
graybandit

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty1/29/2013, 7:57 am

An actually exclusive update picture for you guys. I don't know why I am up at 4am.

Back to top Go down
LTE the Mechanier
Engineer
Engineer
LTE the Mechanier

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty1/29/2013, 12:08 pm

graybandit wrote:
An actually exclusive update picture for you guys. I don't know why I am up at 4am.

This thing is beautiful. The head is SO good! I hope you keep building with this frame, because it is GOOD!
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/5/2013, 4:59 am

Hey all! I gotta say that there are some AMAZING WIPs here, and I look forward to their completion. So since this IS the General WIPs thread, here are some of mine:

This one is almost done, I am just finishing up some final touches. That, and trying to find a name for it. I have the designator, just not the name... Ideas?

I have the name for this one! For anyone that follows me on MOCpages should hopefully recognize the "sword and wings" emblem and which faction uses it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/82908
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/5/2013, 5:02 am

That is one BIG. DARN. LAZAR!
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/5/2013, 3:56 pm

I may be better equipped to suggest a name if I knew what the first one's combat role is. I'm gonna guess... Light Assault? Second one looks smexy as all get-out from what I can see. Also I'd suggest resizing the image in your sig. I thought it was part of the WIPs for a few seconds until I realized what it was.

Welcome to the forums, btw.
Back to top Go down
http://mocpages.com/home.php/84125
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/5/2013, 6:02 pm

Klushots wrote:
I may be better equipped to suggest a name if I knew what the first one's combat role is. I'm gonna guess... Light Assault? Second one looks smexy as all get-out from what I can see. Also I'd suggest resizing the image in your sig. I thought it was part of the WIPs for a few seconds until I realized what it was.

Welcome to the forums, btw.

The first one is different from my other designs in that the same base model is used for a ground-type, aerial-type, and space-type. All three platforms are able to use the SMG and "heavy weapon," along with a specialized weapon for each separate platform. For example, the idea is to have say the heavy ground-type, swap the backpack and add some thrusters, and you have the heavy aerial-type. If any of that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/5/2013, 6:34 pm

Aww... where'd the pretty lazarz go?

Nice mechs too btw and welcome to the forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/6/2013, 1:11 am

So it's a heavy unit that can be outfitted for land, air, and space? Hmm... How about "Condor?" That might be more appropriate for one designed mostly for air combat though. I dunno. That's the best I got right now.
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/6/2013, 5:05 am

Oh and as for the name I've searched some Latin words related to fighting and soldiers. The best one (for a mech name) I found was "Proelium" (which means battle) but a couple of other ones I found that are kinda useful are "Vires" (strength), "Multiplex" or "Verstilis" (synonyms of versatile, which suits the mech's roles), "Peditum" (infantry) or "Peditum Si" (swordsman).

I usually looks up some foreign words for things to get inspiration for a name if I have a mental blank, or I go for something blunt and to the point, such as my anti-air mech "Jetkiller".
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/6/2013, 5:25 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
Oh and as for the name I've searched some Latin words related to fighting and soldiers. The best one (for a mech name) I found was "Proelium" (which means battle) but a couple of other ones I found that are kinda useful are "Vires" (strength), "Multiplex" or "Verstilis" (synonyms of versatile, which suits the mech's roles), "Peditum" (infantry) or "Peditum Si" (swordsman).

I usually looks up some foreign words for things to get inspiration for a name if I have a mental blank, or I go for something blunt and to the point, such as my anti-air mech "Jetkiller".

I like "Verstilis" the most. "Vires" just sounds and looks too much like "virus," as funny as that would be. To Klushots, I will be posting them on MOCpages as soon as I can. To both Klushots and Eroomdivad, thank you for the suggestions and for welcoming me!
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/6/2013, 9:21 am

So, the WMS-002 Verstilis is up on MOCpages! Hooray for the uploader finally working!

To keep in line with WIPs, I will post another one. Not too long ago I found a contest on MOCpages that is aptly called "Mecha Contests." The third contest is hosted by BiO, and had only two contestants. Even though the contest was "over" almost a year ago, I saw that it only had two entries and needed a third. So I got to work on my entry. I present to you: SD Gundam MMORPG! That is the theme that instantly popped into my head.

Since this game is still in the demo stage, the different classes have been assigned some basic equipment to test the various features of the game. I will explain them from left to right.

Tank Class
This is in the RX-78 Nu Gundam configuration. It uses a shield for defensive purposes. It has a standard Beam Rifle as a ranged weapon, and a Beam Saber for a melee weapon. It also has three funnel bits that are primarily used to draw aggro from mobs that attack the tank's allies. The funnel bits are also able to create a beam shield around the tank to block incoming damage. They can also be assigned to offensively DPS targets.

DPS Class (Glass Cannon)
The demo DPS Class is in the XXXG-01HSR2 Heavy Sandrock Arms configuration. The DPS Class boasts loads of offensive power with very little defenses as a tradeoff. Its primary ranged weapons are two handheld Twin Beam Gatling Guns. Its ranged offense is supplemented by various missile launchers. For melee combat, it swaps the Twin Beam Gatling Guns for the backpack-mounted Heat Shotels. If the DPS Class starts to draw too much aggro, it can activate its smoke generators to hide it from sight.

Healer Class
I obviously have not started building this one, even though I have a few ideas. I am thinking that since it is the healer, it could have two types of funnel bits. One type floats around an ally and "repairs" it by shooting "repair beams" at it. The other type creates a defensive "beam shield bubble thingy" to prevent incoming damage. Since the other two classes are two Gundams from the same "universe" just smashed together, I have contemplated what to use for the healer. I have noticed that there are not that many purely defensive Gundams out there. I had the idea of using the ORB-01 Akatsuki Gundam (since it uses remote weapons) and the GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam (since it is HUGE and is seen primarily in base defense). It would pretty much have the large back armor of the Destroy and be colored gold like the Akatsuki. Another idea is to use the Providence/Legend Gundam design since they use bits as well. Any ideas on this are very welcome! And yes, I have played my share of MMORPGs, hence why I am familiar with the terms.
Back to top Go down
Klushots
Administrative Goofball
Klushots

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/6/2013, 8:31 pm

I don't know much about the Gundamverse (by which I of course mean that I know absolutely nothing of the Gundamverse), but I do see two nice looking minimechs there. Looks like I've got some more competition!

Also, that WIP I posted in General Convo a while ago that really should have been posted here is finally up.

Last edited by Klushots on 2/7/2013, 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition of shameless self-promotion)
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/7/2013, 6:46 am

That tiny little tank gundam looks to cyoot.

Well, I'm glad we finally have our third entry. No looking good for me though...
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/7/2013, 6:49 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
That tiny little tank gundam looks to cyoot.

Well, I'm glad we finally have our third entry. No looking good for me though...

I am finishing up the third one, then I need to work on my "presentation." And then I will upload it.
@Klushots: There are different Gundam series, and what I did was take two Gundams from the same "series" and mash them together in a sick and twisted way. The "SD" in the title means "Super Deformed," so their proportions are WAY off and they are, of course, "fun-sized."
Back to top Go down
Sylphion
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Sylphion

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/9/2013, 6:08 am

TF Twitch wrote:

I have the name for this one! For anyone that follows me on MOCpages should hopefully recognize the "sword and wings" emblem and which faction uses it.
I like where this is going

On a partially related note, I haven't made any adjustments to my upcoming MOC (You can find it on page 7) due to me being swamped with school stuff and the Lunar New Year which is happening in about 7 hours for me at the time I'm typing this post. Again, if anyone has some suggestions for me to implement into it, feel free to tell!

Also, POV-Ray for the win.

Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/10/2013, 4:48 am

Sylphion wrote:

I like where this is going

On a partially related note, I haven't made any adjustments to my upcoming MOC (You can find it on page 7) due to me being swamped with school stuff and the Lunar New Year which is happening in about 7 hours for me at the time I'm typing this post. Again, if anyone has some suggestions for me to implement into it, feel free to tell!

Also, POV-Ray for the win.

Why do you like where this is going? Because the head design looks SO familiar? I have no clue why...
For your newest design, I like the color scheme and that it transforms. My only suggestion would be that it seems that it does not transform enough, if that makes sense. It still looks mech-like. Which I can understand due to how your designs are made.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/11/2013, 12:17 pm

The black Mobile Suit that I had posted a preview earlier is now complete. The WMS-003X Sylphion has been uploaded to MOCpages!

Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/11/2013, 10:57 pm

I don't suppose we could have a link? I'm too lazy to search for it in your MOCs. Looks pretty sweet in the image though.
Back to top Go down
TF Twitch
Calibrator
Calibrator
TF Twitch

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty2/12/2013, 12:46 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
I don't suppose we could have a link? I'm too lazy to search for it in your MOCs. Looks pretty sweet in the image though.

After I have joined this forum for seven days, then I can post a link. Silly rule....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General WIPs   General WIPs - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

General WIPs
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next