The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
RP Territories: New Coronet Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
RP Territories: New Coronet Vote_lcapRP Territories: New Coronet Voting_barRP Territories: New Coronet Vote_rcap 
BiO
RP Territories: New Coronet Vote_lcapRP Territories: New Coronet Voting_barRP Territories: New Coronet Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

RP Territories: New Coronet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

RP Territories: New Coronet Empty
PostSubject: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/16/2012, 2:33 pm

A sparkling jewel close to the Galactic Core, New Coronet is one of a select few habitable worlds in the galaxy. New Coronet, geographically, has a number of unusual features.
Perhaps the most noticeable one is the ring orbiting the planet that gave New Coronet its name. Unlike most planetary rings it isn't made of ice or rock, but instead out of luminescent gases. Though no one is entirely positive on its origin, the most accepted theory is that it originated as one of the huge flares from the system's relatively unstable sun, and was caught in New Coronet's gravitational pull and shaped into a ring.
A second notable feature of the planet is that its oceans, making up only 40% of the planet's surface, are entirely fresh water. As a result of this, massive sets of irrigation canals and artificial rivers are commonly made from the oceans, and shoreline-based farms are common. Likewise, 99.5% of the planet's aquatic life thrive in freshwater, with the rest living in a number of large saltwater lakes on New Coronet's smallest continent.
Third is New Coronet's climate. A thin sphere of water, suspended in high atmosphere, reflect many of the more harmful solar rays in ways that a normal atmosphere can't, making life on the planet thrive. Unlike most worlds, New Coronet's axial tilt is a mere half-degree, and the planet maintains a steady climate year-round. Overall the planet's climate is somewhat cold, typically residing at about sixty degrees Fahrenheit with snow commonly appearing throughout the year on the higher elevations.
New Coronet's surface is mostly grassland or farmland, with a good number of immense forests, occasional mountain ranges and valleys. Large cities occasionally mark locations on the globe.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

New Coronet is dominated by a single sentient near-Human species. They are completely identical to ordinary humans in appearance and anatomy, with the exception of their lifespan. Typically the humans of New Coronet live up to about 250 years, with 300 years being considered a rather old time to die and anything short of 150 years dying rather young. Likewise, Coroneti mature at roughly half the speed of ordinary humans, not becoming full-grown adults until around age 40. Coroneti culture is fairly technologically advanced, but, at the same time, is kept as simple as possible.

A catastrophic event known as the Great Continental War, dating 800 years before the present, reshaped much of New Coronet's culture when four massive mega-corporations, each one based on one of New Coronet's four continents, turned to full-blown war for control of the entire world. The four mega-corporations, controlling all of the world's industry, manufacturing, and agriculture, and even having corporate members located high up in the global government, quickly grew to massive proportions. They tore apart the government then hired massive mercenary armies, that, paired up with corporations' significant production capabilities, began fighting each other for control of the entire world.

The effects were disastrous. Surprisingly, the planet was left relatively untouched. The corporations never resorted to nuclear warfare, and key battles were kept at strategic locations like major cities and primary manufacturing sites. Despite this, the effects were disastrous. During the 400-year war, the corporations, seeking to use their resources for their conquests, put all their effort into war. The products the planet's citizens had come to rely on dropped in quality. Food products in particular were affected, as corporations sought to feed their populations as cheaply as possible. Health problems were rampant, diseases spread, and by the war's collapse the war had taken its massive toll. Average life expectancy dropped from 250 years to just 60, the planet's inland bodies of water were poisonous from chemical run-off, plant-life declined to almost nothing, and the entire planet declined into the Dark Ages.

It took a full 800 years to recover from the war.
As a result of the war, a general distrust of any kind of corporations or industry was developed. Agriculture now is run by the planet's predominant farmer population, in which a small number of families would typically own and, with the help of many autonomous agriculture droids and vehicles, run large-scale farms. Groups of farms form unions to sell their accumulated products locally, and corporations have absolutely no control over the planet's food market. Likewise, the use of chemical weed killers and fertilizers was entirely left behind. Farms also began the habit of circulating their fields, switching to different crops and also "giving a rest" to farmland once every seven years. The result is that New Coronet's farmland is incredibly fertile, and food is in abundance across the globe.

Industry mostly takes place in the cityscape. Due to New Coronet's universal use of hypermatter annihilator reactors as their primary power source and strict ban on any hazardous chemicals, industry is very safe, not having any negative effects on the environment and being good to use in the city. The few existing corporations primarily handle city-based construction and the manufacture of more technologically-advanced necessities, particularly for the government. Otherwise, everything is usually self-made.

Strangely, no one knows why their world is called "New" Coronet. Heavy use of EMP weapons during the war erased all trace of the planet's previous history prior to the Great War. The most common speculation is that the planet was colonized by an earlier civilization who coincidentally came from or knew of a planet named "Coronet", and, seeing the planet's ring, thus gave it that name.

The government is a constitutional monarchy known as the Coronal Empire. The planet's judicial system is mostly composed of cities and farming communities electing local "councils of elders", with the government's own judicial system falling almost into complete disuse. The planet's constitution and laws are relatively few and very simple, and everything works out surprisingly well because of it. The planet's elected monarch runs surprisingly little of the planet, and his primary concern is military and trade. Ever since the Great War, a great emphasis has been placed on military so as to keep history from repeating itself.

Technologically, New Coronet is very advanced. The Coroneti have heavy use of repulsor speeders, Mechs, and automated droids. Its cities are run mostly by AI programs, and are full of massive platforms and towers held up by tensor fields, skyhooks anchored to the surface by tractor beam-like tethers, and lanes of airspeeders flying back and forth. Their most recent achievement was the creation of hyperdrive technology, finally giving them access to space travel.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/16/2012, 2:34 pm

Wow, I sure got long winded... Shocked Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/16/2012, 10:20 pm

Our planets are so very similar, and yet so different! Our climates are almost identical, and our peoples are equally concerned with their environmens. The average Kilestian lifespan is 150 years, but while the Coroneti don't reach full maturity untill about the age of 40, Kilestians are considered adults at the age of 16 and are often legally mated with children by age 17. Both our civilizations are highly advanced, but our governments are very different.

By the way, did you make that image on your own? If so, can you do one for Kilestia Prime?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/17/2012, 12:33 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Our planets are so very similar, and yet so different! Our climates are almost identical, and our peoples are equally concerned with their environmens. The average Kilestian lifespan is 150 years, but while the Coroneti don't reach full maturity untill about the age of 40, Kilestians are considered adults at the age of 16 and are often legally mated with children by age 17. Both our civilizations are highly advanced, but our governments are very different.

By the way, did you make that image on your own? If so, can you do one for Kilestia Prime?
Well, I've always sorta liked colder climates. And you get lots of odd ideas when you listen in on peoples' speculations on earth's pre-Flood geography, such as a single huge supercontinent, a lack of seasons due to a non-tilted axis, and a canopy of water in our high atmosphere negating more of the sun's harmful rays than earth's current air-based atmosphere.
Pair that up with my speculations on a possible apocalypse (one that's a bit more realistic than alien invasions or massive zombie outbreaks), that being that certain greedy corporations could take over practically everything behind the scenes (it's actually happening in real life to a certain extent...), and you've got the origins of my planet and cultural mentality on environment and geography. Razz

The idea behind the Coroneti's age and maturity is that longer-living species (whales as opposed to bees, for example) typically take longer to reach physical adulthood. A forty-year-old Coroneti would be physically the same as a twenty-year-old human here on earth, it just takes twice as long to get to that physical state. It also gives them longer to learn things in preparation for adulthood. Like here on earth, that age also usually sets the standard for when the said individuals are legal adults, though that age is fairly relative and, particularly in the farming communities, is often reached a lot earlier. Girls especially can be considered ready for adulthood as much as ten or fifteen years earlier than that. One of the Coroneti's more unique features is education. Schools aren't used, with the more basic parts of education (reading, the simpler portions of math, etc.) being done at home (with 250 years to learn, the Coroneti are generally well-educated and can effectively teach their children without the need for public education or schooling materials), with the more complex things being learned at local "colleges" when the individuals reach adult age. In the case of farmers, college usually isn't necessary, as the farmers typically learn everything they need for life right on the spot, even including fairly advanced things like electronics and mechanics from repairing agricultural equipment.

...Anyway, I ought to add that into the "official" description. Razz

About the planet, no, I didn't make it from scratch. Are you kidding? You can't make anything like this on Photoshop. Editing existing photos beyond recognition to perfectly suit your purposes? That I can do.

Here's a comparison of New Coronet and the original planet:

Changes include using some gradient work to add the planet's ring, fading the background into a starline screenshot from LDD, adding proper shading to the planet, making the continents look more green, and sort of an "atmosphere" along the planet's edge.

...And yes, I'll get right to making you one. Let's see... dense jungles covering nearly everything... a decent-sized ocean... ice-capped poles... a large mountain range... "brilliantly-luminescent" plant life... a dense purple- and blue-tinted nebula surrounding the planet... Yep, that ought to do it. What do you think of it all?
Back to top Go down
Eroomdivad
Engineer
Engineer
Eroomdivad

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/17/2012, 7:38 am

In response to Arik's last post...

The original planet sure looks like the moon.
And I have a question, by 'pre-Flood geography', do you mean Pangea and something similar to continental drift?
Anyway, I was wondering if you might give photoshopping Morhdia a shot. It has five continents, is about 50% water covered, and is almost completely covered in a massive dust-ash storm (like Eyjafjallajokul make over Europe a few years back). The only part not covered is a circular area where the ash is pulled away from the planet's sole moon (which is neon-blue and mildly reflective). Actually, I might make a topic for the Leo System, give me a few days...

P.S: Double-post Arik! As in one-minute-after-the-last-post style double post.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/17/2012, 10:46 am

Eroomdivad wrote:
And I have a question, by 'pre-Flood geography', do you mean Pangea and something similar to continental drift?
Anyway, I was wondering if you might give photoshopping Morhdia a shot. It has five continents, is about 50% water covered, and is almost completely covered in a massive dust-ash storm (like Eyjafjallajokul make over Europe a few years back). The only part not covered is a circular area where the ash is pulled away from the planet's sole moon (which is neon-blue and mildly reflective). Actually, I might make a topic for the Leo System, give me a few days...

It was called a planet by the sci-fi artist that made it. My guess is that the darker spots are oceans, and the reason it's so white is because it's an ice world of some kind.

Not quite. I was referring to the Biblical "flood of Noah", which I happen to believe is true. Anyway, it's commonly-believed by different professors and scientists that the Flood made drastic changes to the earth, doing things like reshaping a possible single supercontinent into the many continents we have today (yes, like plate tectonics and continental drift, just a lot faster) and other things.

And yeah, I think I could come up with a planet for you as well.

By the way Rich, how does this look:
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/17/2012, 2:03 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Eroomdivad wrote:

It was called a planet by the sci-fi artist that made it. My guess is that the darker spots are oceans, and the reason it's so white is because it's an ice world of some kind.

Not quite. I was referring to the Biblical "flood of Noah", which I happen to believe is true. Anyway, it's commonly-believed by different professors and scientists that the Flood made drastic changes to the earth, doing things like reshaping a possible single supercontinent into the many continents we have today (yes, like plate tectonics and continental drift, just a lot faster) and other things.

And yeah, I think I could come up with a planet for you as well.

By the way Rich, how does this look:
You pretty much nailed it!

By the way, While I do believe that the Great Flood drained our upper atmosphere of its water, and accelerated Pangea's tectonic movements, there is now way you're going to convince me that Pre-Deluvian Earth hd no axial tilt!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/17/2012, 2:51 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
You pretty much nailed it!

By the way, While I do believe that the Great Flood drained our upper atmosphere of its water, and accelerated Pangea's tectonic movements, there is now way you're going to convince me that Pre-Deluvian Earth hd no axial tilt![/quote]
Sounds good. That's pretty much the finished version, so feel free to just edit it into the Kilestia Prime thread or whatever it's called. ED, I'll begin work on yours.

And I'm not positive on that part. I've always sorta heard the tilted axis was necessary for life as well. In other words, don't quote me, I'm not the most knowledgeable individual on this subject. Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/17/2012, 3:03 pm

I allready edited the description, take a look!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/17/2012, 4:45 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ooohhh... Looks nice...

A change of subject, but when's your birthday? I caught notice that it was coming up in a few days.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/17/2012, 5:34 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ooohhh... Looks nice...

A change of subject, but when's your birthday? I caught notice that it was coming up in a few days.
If you want to give me something, you'd better hurry up; I turn 17 tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/17/2012, 6:07 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ooohhh... Looks nice...

If you're turning 17... yep, that'll make you the oldest TFOL here.

And yeah, I'll see about getting something to you. Wink
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty7/17/2012, 7:58 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ooohhh... Looks nice...

If you're turning 17... yep, that'll make you the oldest TFOL here.

And yeah, I'll see about getting something to you. Wink
Well, Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP Territories: New Coronet   RP Territories: New Coronet Empty

Back to top Go down

RP Territories: New Coronet
Page 1 of 1