A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
by Quantum Industries 8/2/2017, 8:50 pm

» General WIPs
by Quantum Industries 4/26/2017, 8:01 pm

» Quantum Projects
by Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
by Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
by Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
by Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
by Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
by Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
by RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
by Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
by RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
by RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
by TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
by Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
by TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
 
BiO
 
Eroomdivad
 
Klushots
 
Ariklego
 
LTE the Mechanier
 
JakTheMad
 
TF Twitch
 
Quantum Industries
 
Thomas_Z
 
Top posting users this week

Share | 
 

 Elite Mechaniers Roleplay: Territories: The Kilest Star Cluster, Sector Alpha (capital)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Elite Mechaniers Roleplay: Territories: The Kilest Star Cluster, Sector Alpha (capital)   7/8/2012, 10:38 pm

Billions of years ago, deep inside the Cluster, Kilest Alpha-1 went supernova, causing conditions to change such that a small planet in the Kilest Alpha-2 system would soon be able to support life. This Planet, Now called "Kilestia Prime", is covered mostly by dense, triple-canopy jungle. The only locations that remain uncovered, aside from the oceans, are the Kalsyhan (Kal-SEE-an) Mountains of the western continent, The north-costal deserts of the southern continent, and the polar ice-caps. Because Kilestia Prime orbits a white-dwarf star which lies within a nebula, the planet lies in eternal twilight, and the climate is cool and damp, with seasonal temperatures remaining relatively constant throuought the year. Kilestia Prime is inhabited by a highly exotic variety of animal life-forms, which, along with the majority of the plant-life, are briliantly bioluminescent.

There are three other stars in the area.

Tens of thousands of years ago, A Civilization existed on earth, advancing so rapidly that, by the time Egypt began construction of their Pyramids, they possesed technology that modern Terran science has only recently been able to achieve. One of their information-age advances was a mastery of genetic enginiering. A group of these early geneticists experimented on a select number of citizens, combining their DNA with the genes of various Terran animals. Many of the test subjects died from complications, and it was decided that the 24 survivors would be greatly at risk if they attempted to reintergrate into society. They were exiled from Earth for their own protection, and their descendants now reside on Kilestia Prime as the twelve sub-species of the Kilestian race.

The civilization that gave birth to the Kilestians has since fled to the stars and disapeared from history.

Kilestian Society is simple. The people reside in relatively isolated "Villages", small cities deep within the forests, with sky-scrapers suspended hundreds of feet off the ground, usually anchored to the trees themselves, or else built directly into their trunks. In addition there are several military installations and larger "Super-villages" located in the un-forested areas of the planet. The Kilestian Government is complex but well organized, with a Global Committee ruling over theentire planet, and all other Kilestian Territories. Their sole purpose is to set Kilestia's Goals, to serve as the start-point of the military chain of command, and to keep all the lower governmental branches on the same page. The Committee is made up of representatives from the Provincial Councils, which, in turn, are made up of representatives from the individual Villages. Each Village is ruled by a Chief who, as per his/her duties, is highly intamate with his/her people. The system ensures that decisionsare made swiftly, and that the decisions that are made are in the best interests of the people. On a sidenote, The Kilestian people are well provided-for, and enjoy free helthcare and education.

More Information will be released as the game progresses.

EDIT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!


Last edited by RichTheWolf257 on 7/17/2012, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere between Here and Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Elite Mechaniers Roleplay: Territories: The Kilest Star Cluster, Sector Alpha (capital)   7/15/2012, 5:53 pm

Well, I don't happen to be an Evolutionist (or any related "something-ist"), and as such my first reaction to earlier portions of this were a bit on the negative side, but I've put up with Star Wars' mentality of the universe being at least two or three million years old, so I'm alright with this too.

With that bit of religious points of view put aside, spectacular work. This is definitely a VERY awesome-sounding place. It ought to be pretty interesting taking divisions of Mechs and other ground units here. Razz One thing for sure is that we're definitely going to need to develop our maps into more vertical-based gameplay, or your capital's tall forests are going to look rather flat. Razz

By the way, concerning our test battle, would you like to continue with it or do you think that, from that short bit of combat, we've gotten enough of a feel of it to properly adjust everything? I expect that the entire battle was most likely going to turn out being just like the part we did.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Elite Mechaniers Roleplay: Territories: The Kilest Star Cluster, Sector Alpha (capital)   7/15/2012, 7:03 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Well, I don't happen to be an Evolutionist (or any related "something-ist"), and as such my first reaction to earlier portions of this were a bit on the negative side, but I've put up with Star Wars' mentality of the universe being at least two or three million years old, so I'm alright with this too.

With that bit of religious points of view put aside, spectacular work. This is definitely a VERY awesome-sounding place. It ought to be pretty interesting taking divisions of Mechs and other ground units here. Razz One thing for sure is that we're definitely going to need to develop our maps into more vertical-based gameplay, or your capital's tall forests are going to look rather flat. Razz

By the way, concerning our test battle, would you like to continue with it or do you think that, from that short bit of combat, we've gotten enough of a feel of it to properly adjust everything? I expect that the entire battle was most likely going to turn out being just like the part we did.
I actually hold a Theistic position (creationist, etc) but inorder for the Kilest Cluster to make sense, I have to make the "Bilions of years" assumption. (which is by no means a stretch for me; The "Big Bang" did happen, it just was an effect rather than a cause).

Anyhow, I believe the test-battle has progressed far enough that we now have sufficient data to get the real rolepla underway.

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere between Here and Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Elite Mechaniers Roleplay: Territories: The Kilest Star Cluster, Sector Alpha (capital)   7/15/2012, 7:41 pm

Ah, gotcha. Well, I myself don't have any solid belief in the Big Bang Theory or the theory of Evolution or anything like that, but I'm perfectly fine with making that assumption for the roleplay itself.

Well, sounds good. You wanna start colonizing planets? I don't really think we need to have our colony ships fully built to do the starting three (tell me if you disagree), so it should be alright to start doing it.

On a side note, I just looked and saw how vastly apart we were on our galactic map. It doesn't seem like anybody besides us two intends to get solidly involved in the roleplay at the moment, so that provides us with a slight problem. I'd like to make full-scale colonization a bit difficult so we don't go colonizing the entire galaxy in five minutes, so how do we bridge the gap separating us? I was thinking tiny military outposts positioned on each planet, but I'd like to ask your opinion.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Elite Mechaniers Roleplay: Territories: The Kilest Star Cluster, Sector Alpha (capital)   7/15/2012, 8:01 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Ah, gotcha. Well, I myself don't have any solid belief in the Big Bang Theory or the theory of Evolution or anything like that, but I'm perfectly fine with making that assumption for the roleplay itself.

Well, sounds good. You wanna start colonizing planets? I don't really think we need to have our colony ships fully built to do the starting three (tell me if you disagree), so it should be alright to start doing it.

On a side note, I just looked and saw how vastly apart we were on our galactic map. It doesn't seem like anybody besides us two intends to get solidly involved in the roleplay at the moment, so that provides us with a slight problem. I'd like to make full-scale colonization a bit difficult so we don't go colonizing the entire galaxy in five minutes, so how do we bridge the gap separating us? I was thinking tiny military outposts positioned on each planet, but I'd like to ask your opinion.

I think we need just a little more time. I'll concider the RP active as soon as you have the Final Official rules up here, and the first first few maps posted on MOCPages.

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere between Here and Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Elite Mechaniers Roleplay: Territories: The Kilest Star Cluster, Sector Alpha (capital)   7/15/2012, 10:46 pm

Sounds good. It'd probably be best to have time to complete some of our models for this anyway.

By the way, concerning maps, ground battle maps will mostly just be made in preparation for any battles we do and will be based off what planet it is and where they're at. As such, it's not terribly possible to make such a map ahead of time.

In the meantime, let's just keep building in preparation for colonization. Make escort ships to go with your colony ships, troops and vehicles, maybe even the colony ships themselves if you can.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
avatar

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 22
Location : Out there.... Thataway!

PostSubject: Re: Elite Mechaniers Roleplay: Territories: The Kilest Star Cluster, Sector Alpha (capital)   7/15/2012, 11:45 pm

Ariklego wrote:
Sounds good. It'd probably be best to have time to complete some of our models for this anyway.

By the way, concerning maps, ground battle maps will mostly just be made in preparation for any battles we do and will be based off what planet it is and where they're at. As such, it's not terribly possible to make such a map ahead of time.

In the meantime, let's just keep building in preparation for colonization. Make escort ships to go with your colony ships, troops and vehicles, maybe even the colony ships themselves if you can.
Will do! Allthough, more like ly than not I might have to borrow a few designs, so you'd better be building like crazy too!

_________________
Awesome! The beginning of my

Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the world go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

And the word went forth to every outpost of human existence, and they came: the Aries, the Gemons, the Virgos, the Scorpios, the Pisceans and the Sagittarians. In all, 220 ships representing every colony, color and creed in the star system. The human race might have one more chance. But first, it would have to survive the alliance, the elements and the unknown dark and sinister threats that would lie ahead.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

signature just turned invisible!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Elite Mechaniers Roleplay: Territories: The Kilest Star Cluster, Sector Alpha (capital)   

Back to top Go down
 
Elite Mechaniers Roleplay: Territories: The Kilest Star Cluster, Sector Alpha (capital)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Star wars elite squadron lightsaber gamesaves
» Reaver Jetbike Cluster Caltrops: Best AI unit by far in dark Eldar
» Star Trek Online: Season 11 - New Dawn
» Toy Story LEGO + MATTEL WWE
» Looking for New Star Wars Lego

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum :: The Elite Mechaniers :: Roleplay-
Jump to: