The Elite Mechaniers - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the people of MOCpages' Elite Mechaniers group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Elite Mechaniers Official Forum!
Please read the Forum Rules and obey them!
Don't be afraid to hop in the chatbox, even if no one is in there! I usually pop in if I see someone online.
If you would like a rank up, please PM an Admin and present a decent reason.
Welcome new users who have received my invitation on MOCpages.com! Please make a thread to introduce yourselves in our Elite Mechanier Convo section!
Please try to use proper grammar and punctuation while posting, as it improves both your post's quality and everyone else's forum experience.
Please respect our Moderators and Admins.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» General Conversation #1
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 1/25/2022, 8:47 pm

» General WIPs
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby Forte 11/4/2019, 8:19 pm

» Quantum Projects
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby Quantum Industries 4/3/2017, 11:05 pm

» Three New Members (PLEASE READ)
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 2/18/2016, 8:46 pm

» DR's Mecha
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby Quantum Industries 1/25/2016, 8:09 pm

» Our Dreams Have Come True!!!
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 8/22/2015, 11:28 am

» Thomas_Z's WIP MOCs
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby Thomas_Z 8/21/2015, 7:19 am

» LDD to POV-Ray
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby Forte 6/19/2015, 3:18 am

» April Fools
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 4/3/2015, 10:46 pm

» Music Appreciation Game
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 11/16/2014, 7:06 pm

» Future of the Forum
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 11/9/2014, 2:59 pm

» New Games/Gaming News
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby RichTheWolf257 6/27/2014, 5:29 pm

» Where are they now?
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby TF Twitch 5/27/2014, 9:35 am

» Migration to Enjin?
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby Klushots 4/10/2014, 1:24 am

» Mech Tech Database
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Emptyby TF Twitch 2/6/2014, 4:36 am

Top posters
RichTheWolf257
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Vote_lcapRoleplay Setup - Page 5 Voting_barRoleplay Setup - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
BiO
Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Vote_lcapRoleplay Setup - Page 5 Voting_barRoleplay Setup - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Eroomdivad
Klushots
Ariklego
LTE the Mechanier
JakTheMad
TF Twitch
Quantum Industries
Thomas_Z
Top posting users this week
No user

Roleplay Setup

Go down 
+2
RichTheWolf257
Ariklego
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty7/16/2012, 12:37 am

Ariklego wrote:
Ughh, another guy that calls it the "Imperator"-class... Pff Razz

Anyway, that sounds alright.
Its True and its Canon! (Canon as in Official Not Cannon as in Big Gun)
Look it up!

When initially designed during the Clone Wars it was called the Imperator-Class; It was only renamed "Imperial-Class" some time after the beginning of the Galactic Civil War. And my assumption is that it was reverted to "Imperator" (Or more specifically "Imperator-II") in the Golden Age of the Galactic Fedreation of Free Alliances.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty7/16/2012, 9:58 am

Oh, I know all about Lira Wessex's Project Victor and all the new Star Destroyer classes.

It's just that Kuat Drive Yards switched the name officially to the Imperial-class when the Republic was dissolved and switched to the Galactic Empire. Yeah, I know "Imperial"-class is kinda corny for being an Imperial ship, but I like to go by the official name. Razz

Anyway, enough idle Star Wars chatter. We've got a roleplay to build!
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty7/16/2012, 11:10 am

Ariklego wrote:
Oh, I know all about Lira Wessex's Project Victor and all the new Star Destroyer classes.

It's just that Kuat Drive Yards switched the name officially to the Imperial-class when the Republic was dissolved and switched to the Galactic Empire. Yeah, I know "Imperial"-class is kinda corny for being an Imperial ship, but I like to go by the official name. Razz

Anyway, enough idle Star Wars chatter. We've got a roleplay to build!
Agreed! I just recieved the new legs for the Thunderstryke and I will begin armoring them Immediately. At which point i will begin working on some space units.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty7/30/2012, 8:58 pm

Hey, Rich? I've got a question.

Well, I'm not sure you've even noticed, but I put the scales for sizes at 10 meters to a stud for ground troops and 20 meters a stud for ships.

What would you think if we made them both the same, setting them both at 10 meters a stud. This would create some very unique possibilities, such as having support from smaller starships in ground battles, or having ground trouble battles on and inside starships.

The potential negative is that our ships will be that much smaller. I don't know about you, but I doubt my computer can handle a dozen 1,000-piece starships all doing battle at once, so we'd either have to shrink down the average size of our ship classes or rely entirely on our smallest ship classes (corvettes and small frigates and such).\

Well, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty7/30/2012, 9:49 pm

Ariklego wrote:

Well, I'm not sure you've even noticed, but I put the scales for sizes at 10 meters to a stud for ground troops and 20 meters a stud for ships.

What would you think if we made them both the same, setting them both at 10 meters a stud. This would create some very unique possibilities, such as having support from smaller starships in ground battles, or having ground trouble battles on and inside starships.

The potential negative is that our ships will be that much smaller. I don't know about you, but I doubt my computer can handle a dozen 1,000-piece starships all doing battle at once, so we'd either have to shrink down the average size of our ship classes or rely entirely on our smallest ship classes (corvettes and small frigates and such).\

Well, what do you think?
"That much smaller" I think you mean bigger. If we want to downsize our ships, we'll need to Increase the Meters/Studs Ratio rather than Decreasing it. Either way, I would need to start over from scratch on my Detiny-class Cruiser. Approxiamately 30% complete. So I think what we should do is have special markers for starship interaction in ground battles, and then special maps and markers for battles onboard ships. On the other hand, The Destiny's hangar bays are slghtly out of scale; I could easily adapt the design. IDK, Its up to you.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty7/30/2012, 10:11 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

Well, what do you think?
"That much smaller" I think you mean bigger. If we want to downsize our ships, we'll need to Increase the Meters/Studs Ratio rather than Decreasing it. Either way, I would need to start over from scratch on my Detiny-class Cruiser. Approxiamately 30% complete. So I think what we should do is have special markers for starship interaction in ground battles, and then special maps and markers for battles onboard ships. On the other hand, The Destiny's hangar bays are slghtly out of scale; I could easily adapt the design. IDK, Its up to you.
That's the point. In order to do this, our ships would be half the size (not in studs, but in meters) we originally intended for them to be.

The point is that the end result would be that we use ships that are a couple hundred meters instead of a mile or two long. 1,000-meter ships would become some of the largest ships seen, with only one or two being used per side in a battle, and anything larger being nearly on the definition of a supership.

This is why I'm asking. Your Destiny-class would be half the size in meters you originally intended, or would have to be doubled in LDD size. We'd also have to shrink our usual concept of what's a "standard" ship size. The good side is that it'd save us multiple headaches in the form of accurately doubling our ship models for battles involving ground troops (you can't really shrink our troop markers any smaller. One stud's about as small as you can get).

So, would you be alright with just saying our ships are smaller? Heh, I might start adapting to Hapan starship classes... Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty7/30/2012, 11:06 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:

Well, what do you think?
That's the point. In order to do this, our ships would be half the size (not in studs, but in meters) we originally intended for them to be.

The point is that the end result would be that we use ships that are a couple hundred meters instead of a mile or two long. 1,000-meter ships would become some of the largest ships seen, with only one or two being used per side in a battle, and anything larger being nearly on the definition of a supership.

This is why I'm asking. Your Destiny-class would be half the size in meters you originally intended, or would have to be doubled in LDD size. We'd also have to shrink our usual concept of what's a "standard" ship size. The good side is that it'd save us multiple headaches in the form of accurately doubling our ship models for battles involving ground troops (you can't really shrink our troop markers any smaller. One stud's about as small as you can get).

So, would you be alright with just saying our ships are smaller? Heh, I might start adapting to Hapan starship classes... Razz
OK, Yeah, lets just make our ships smaller. Now that i think about it, I won't have to change the Destiny at all due to aforementioned discrepency in the scale of the fighters in the hangar.

EDIT:

For rescaling purposes, Lets start with Cruisers. we'll put cruisers in the 500-1000m Size class.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty7/31/2012, 12:42 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
OK, Yeah, lets just make our ships smaller. Now that i think about it, I won't have to change the Destiny at all due to aforementioned discrepency in the scale of the fighters in the hangar.

EDIT:

For rescaling purposes, Lets start with Cruisers. we'll put cruisers in the 500-1000m Size class.
So, ten meters per stud, then.

Well, corvettes would be 50 to 150 meters, frigates would be, say, 100-400? Large cruisers and destroyers would be up to 1,000 meters long, and the really big ships (battlecruisers and battleships and such) would all be larger than that usually.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty7/31/2012, 10:17 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

EDIT:

Well, corvettes would be 50 to 150 meters, frigates would be, say, 100-400? Large cruisers and destroyers would be up to 1,000 meters long, and the really big ships (battlecruisers and battleships and such) would all be larger than that usually.
Thats Ok, but I consider Battlecruisers to be in the same size-class as a Cruiser so the Bigger-than-1000m Class will have to be reserved for Carriers, Dreadnaughts, and Colony ships.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty7/31/2012, 11:22 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

EDIT:

Thats Ok, but I consider Battlecruisers to be in the same size-class as a Cruiser so the Bigger-than-1000m Class will have to be reserved for Carriers, Dreadnaughts, and Colony ships.
You apparently don't even remotely follow the Anaxes War College system... Razz

Anyway, that sounds good. Speaking of which, I've gotten my colony ship finished (mostly). It's modular, so each ship will most likely be built with different sections to specialize in certain things, and as such I have to build each one separately, so it may take a little while longer to put things up.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/1/2012, 12:32 am

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

EDIT:

Anyway, that sounds good. Speaking of which, I've gotten my colony ship finished (mostly). It's modular, so each ship will most likely be built with different sections to specialize in certain things, and as such I have to build each one separately, so it may take a little while longer to put things up.
Well hurry and get the frst one up! I might have to borrow it!
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/1/2012, 11:52 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

EDIT:

I'll probably just put up the unmodified base without all the added modules and such for you to use.
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/1/2012, 2:12 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

EDIT:

I'll probably just put up the unmodified base without all the added modules and such for you to use.
That'll work out nicely!
Back to top Go down
BiO
The Mecherator
BiO

Location : Richie is to exclamation marks what Bio is to ginger snaps.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/1/2012, 2:26 pm

My post-chain senses are a-tingling... Watch it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/1/2012, 2:52 pm

BiO wrote:
Oopsie, I keep forgetting to edit out some of the previous quotes to keep the quote chain smaller... Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/1/2012, 3:09 pm

BiO wrote:
Oops.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/3/2012, 4:52 pm

Okay, it's gonna be a little while before I ca really post anything. My work-in-progress Phoenix-class Destroyer is very nearly finished, and I need to get the thrusters to my friend so he can attack them for me. Unfortunately the said thrusters aren't finished, so they're sort of my main priority at the moment.

Once they're finished, however, I'll probably go on an insane MOC-posting spree with all my completed creations I still haven't gotten up. Razz

Sadly, I doubt the Phoenix-class is gonna work for the roleplay. It's about 150 studs long so far, and I estimate it'll end up at around 8,500-9,000 pieces by completion. As it is the incomplete version, without its two 1,500-piece thrusters and completed rear portion, is about 5,000 bricks, and my computer is repeatedly shutting down after I place just a couple bricks. Quite a shame, I'd win everything with the Phoenix-class. Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/3/2012, 6:29 pm

Is it solid or hollow? If its Solid, you can slash the brick count by hollowing it out. It'll be impractical for IRL that way, and you'll have to do a separate MOC If you want a playable deck-plan, But it'll be much easier on you computer. THe Destiny's 72 studs long (not including the antennae in front) and I don't expect it to exceed 3500 bricks. Its mostly empty space.

Speaking of which, all I have left to add is the Conning Tower, The The Ion engines, and four Twin-Mount Rail Gun Turets on the wings. The end result will look like a cross between a BC-304 Daedalus-class battlecruiser from Stargate, A UNSC Frigate, And a Battlestar with wings

EDIT!
Better hurry, Arik The Destiny is nearly complete, with four high-energy, deuteriun-fueled Ion Engines, And a hiperdrive that'll blow General Solo's twelve parsecs out of the water.
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/4/2012, 11:26 am

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Is it solid or hollow? If its Solid, you can slash the brick count by hollowing it out. It'll be impractical for IRL that way, and you'll have to do a separate MOC If you want a playable deck-plan, But it'll be much easier on you computer. THe Destiny's 72 studs long (not including the antennae in front) and I don't expect it to exceed 3500 bricks. Its mostly empty space.

Speaking of which, all I have left to add is the Conning Tower, The The Ion engines, and four Twin-Mount Rail Gun Turets on the wings. The end result will look like a cross between a BC-304 Daedalus-class battlecruiser from Stargate, A UNSC Frigate, And a Battlestar with wings

EDIT!
Better hurry, Arik The Destiny is nearly complete, with four high-energy, deuteriun-fueled Ion Engines, And a hiperdrive that'll blow General Solo's twelve parsecs out of the water.
That's rather funny. The Phoenix is based immensely heavily on the UNSC's Paris-class frigate (or at least the Savannah), except for being about four and a half times longer and with some of my usual CEC and Pammant design features in it as well. Razz

It's partially hollow, with some wall-like supports placed at regular intervals to hold the outside up. Unfortunately it'd take about the same amount of pieces to keep a hollowed-out variant intact as it already is. Those internal supports don't really take that many pieces on their own. It's the outside. Sad
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/4/2012, 3:02 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

EDIT!
That's rather funny. The Phoenix is based immensely heavily on the UNSC's Paris-class frigate (or at least the Savannah), except for being about four and a half times longer and with some of my usual CEC and Pammant design features in it as well. Razz

It's partially hollow, with some wall-like supports placed at regular intervals to hold the outside up. Unfortunately it'd take about the same amount of pieces to keep a hollowed-out variant intact as it already is. Those internal supports don't really take that many pieces on their own. It's the outside. Sad
Let me guess... Heavily Greebled exterior. Thats the only other thing i can think of...
Heh, As a Trekkie, I tend ot avoid heavy greebling. May be you could try smoothing the desigh out a little?
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/4/2012, 3:28 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

EDIT!

Let me guess... Heavily Greebled exterior. Thats the only other thing i can think of...
Heh, As a Trekkie, I tend ot avoid heavy greebling. May be you could try smoothing the desigh out a little?
Nah, I'm terrible at greebles (who came up with that word, anyway? Razz ). And I do Pammant-style design a lot, with an overabundance of skeletal ribbing and Mon Cal-ish curvature, but with CEC's overall blocky geometric shapes instead of Pammant's organic shaping.

Well, don't worry too much. While I may not be using this ship in particular for the Roleplay, I'll be bringing out plenty of other well-equipped warships. *evil laugh* Razz
Back to top Go down
JakTheMad
Steam Commander
JakTheMad

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/4/2012, 4:09 pm

Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:
Ariklego wrote:
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

EDIT!

Nah, I'm terrible at greebles (who came up with that word, anyway? Razz ). And I do Pammant-style design a lot, with an overabundance of skeletal ribbing and Mon Cal-ish curvature, but with CEC's overall blocky geometric shapes instead of Pammant's organic shaping.

*scans for words understood*

*sees "greeble" and "evil"*

*quietly backs away*

Well, don't worry too much. While I may not be using this ship in particular for the Roleplay, I'll be bringing out plenty of other well-equipped warships. *evil laugh* Razz
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/4/2012, 9:17 pm

Hey, Arik! Meet Your DESTINY!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ariklego
Engineer
Engineer
Ariklego

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/4/2012, 11:39 pm

RichTheWolf257 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Okay, forget what I said. I suspect our ships look almost nothing alike if what I'm seeing from that picture is anything to go by.

Anyway, allow me to properly describe my feelings for your new starship. Ahem. *...I then proceed to let my jaw drop to the floor, then fall backward due to sudden-induced unconsciousness* That is AWESOME!!!!!

I'm very much looking forward to when whatever current problem MOCpages is having to be taken care of so I can see it completely. Pff
Back to top Go down
RichTheWolf257
Bronze Mechanier
RichTheWolf257

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty8/5/2012, 12:09 am

[quote="Ariklego"]
RichTheWolf257 wrote:

Okay, forget what I said. I suspect our ships look almost nothing alike if what I'm seeing from that picture is anything to go by.

Anyway, allow me to properly describe my feelings for your new starship. Ahem. *...I then proceed to let my jaw drop to the floor, then fall backward due to sudden-induced unconsciousness* That is AWESOME!!!!!

I'm very much looking forward to when whatever current problem MOCpages is having to be taken care of so I can see it completely. Pff
Well, it won't be ready to post for a few days. And those days could very well turn into weeks, I get to go back to school the day after tomorrow...

...EEEEAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!

Ok, now I'm ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Setup   Roleplay Setup - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Setup
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next